The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

any way to buy missed limited homes?

Spawniaq
Spawniaq
✭✭✭
was wondering if there is any possibility to buy limited houses. Events come and go without the limited houses. If no chance tell me so i stop thinking about it :)
Edited by Spawniaq on July 24, 2020 7:24AM
Ps4 / Eu
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There has been precedent for ZOS allowing the purchase of houses through the Ticket system. But this isn't a guaranteed method, so your results may vary depending on the circumstances and the agent that you get.

Go to the Support page and write them a polite Ticket, and ask them if they would be willing to sell you the limited time offer house. Also, be aware that they can't add furnished houses to your account, so if you buy the house it will come entirely empty - even without the usual clutter that comes with the 'Unfurnished' version of houses. Support Ticket times are very long right now, so it might take a while. But good luck, you got nothing to lose by trying and asking nicely. :smile:
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    There has been precedent for ZOS allowing the purchase of houses through the Ticket system. But this isn't a guaranteed method, so your results may vary depending on the circumstances and the agent that you get.

Go to the Support page and write them a polite Ticket, and ask them if they would be willing to sell you the limited time offer house. Also, be aware that they can't add furnished houses to your account, so if you buy the house it will come entirely empty - even without the usual clutter that comes with the 'Unfurnished' version of houses. Support Ticket times are very long right now, so it might take a while. But good luck, you got nothing to lose by trying and asking nicely. :smile:

Thanks for the answer! maybe i should try that ... Tbh i dont want any funishings, i have no more spaces for them i bought the houses with furnishings now i dont know what to do with them :D made my own wallmart in Psijic Villa lol
    Ps4 / Eu
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭
    I was able to buy both Hunter's Glade and Lakemire this way recently!

I asked very nicely and they even mailed me the mushrooms from Hunter's Glade since it was like SUPER empty without trees or anything.

It took about a week for a response both times.

My message for Lakemire was basically "Hello! I wanted to reach out and see if it is possible for me to spend 15,000 crowns [the original unfurnished price] to purchase the unfurnished/empty Lakemire Xanmeer Manor house on my PC/NA account. I understand it wouldn't come with any of the usual unfurnished items since it is not presently listed for sale, but I love the design and wasn't playing when it was available through the Crown Store originally.

Thank you so much for your time and I apologize if this is submitted to the incorrect location! Let me know if there is any additional information you require from me. Have a great day!"

They didn't need to reach out and confirm that I realized it would be empty or give the price since I already stated it, so it was only two messages back and forth.

Don't expect it, but there is no harm in asking!
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 / Eu
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't give up on them coming around again. They don't return at predictable intervals, but they do return.
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    LadySilvie wrote: »

I asked very nicely and they even mailed me the mushrooms from Hunter's Glade since it was like SUPER empty without trees or anything.

My message for Lakemire was basically "Hello! I wanted to reach out and see if it is possible for me to spend 15,000 crowns [the original unfurnished price] to purchase the unfurnished/empty Lakemire Xanmeer Manor house on my PC/NA account. I understand it wouldn't come with any of the usual unfurnished items since it is not presently listed for sale, but I love the design and wasn't playing when it was available through the Crown Store originally.

Thank you so much for your time and I apologize if this is submitted to the incorrect location! Let me know if there is any additional information you require from me. Have a great day!"

They didn't need to reach out and confirm that I realized it would be empty or give the price since I already stated it, so it was only two messages back and forth.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I’ve been waiting (and waiting) for Hunter’s Glade to come back - but I like your approach better. What was Hunter’s Glade like without the clutter though? Was it really completely empty? No trees or plant life? What about the tower underground. What was missing from that? (Oh, and how much?)

Thanks again!
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭
    Ruhlf wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up on this. I’ve been waiting (and waiting) for Hunter’s Glade to come back - but I like your approach better. What was Hunter’s Glade like without the clutter though? Was it really completely empty? No trees or plant life? What about the tower underground. What was missing from that? (Oh, and how much?)

Thanks again!

It was... weird without all the trees and rocks and rune stones. Hunter's Glade isn't Hunter's Glade without the giant trees imo! You can see the borders of the property have tons of trees and then where the property begins, it is just empty other than grass and the built-in rocks/water. I was very pleased they ended up giving some of those trees to me because I definitely expected it to be more forested haha.

The only thing inside the house area that was missing that I was aware of were the torches and the glowing mushrooms. Not nearly as noticeable as the outdoor area, and easy to replace.

Super-unfurnished houses bought outside of their regular availability cost the same amount as the original unfurnished house did. For Hunter's Glade, that's 8000 crowns. So, it is definitely more for your money if you get them while they are actually for sale normally (since those trees and mushrooms and rune stones are a few hundred crowns each) but if you don't care about the extra furnishings or want it sooner, it is still worth getting it this way.

I ended up going fully in on the forest area and getting tons of boulders and other trees and I LOVE my Hunter's Glade. I wouldn't be upset if they ended up posting it for sale tomorrow since I'm still pleased with how mine turned out :)
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, they'll do this? Seriously? I want the Erstwhile Sanctuary now that I can finally afford some crowns but thought I'd have to wait for-EVER for it to come back on sale. TY, putting in a ticket now!
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    How long did it take for your request to be granted?
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    Ruhlf wrote: »

Thanks again!

It was... weird without all the trees and rocks and rune stones. Hunter's Glade isn't Hunter's Glade without the giant trees imo! You can see the borders of the property have tons of trees and then where the property begins, it is just empty other than grass and the built-in rocks/water. I was very pleased they ended up giving some of those trees to me because I definitely expected it to be more forested haha.

The only thing inside the house area that was missing that I was aware of were the torches and the glowing mushrooms. Not nearly as noticeable as the outdoor area, and easy to replace.

Super-unfurnished houses bought outside of their regular availability cost the same amount as the original unfurnished house did. For Hunter's Glade, that's 8000 crowns. So, it is definitely more for your money if you get them while they are actually for sale normally (since those trees and mushrooms and rune stones are a few hundred crowns each) but if you don't care about the extra furnishings or want it sooner, it is still worth getting it this way.

I ended up going fully in on the forest area and getting tons of boulders and other trees and I LOVE my Hunter's Glade. I wouldn't be upset if they ended up posting it for sale tomorrow since I'm still pleased with how mine turned out :)

Thanks. Gives me a bit to think about. Maybe I’ll preview it today and try to visualize what it would look like missing those bits and bobs. Take care!
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    That's funny, because all of my attempts to ask for limited time homes have been responded to with a form letter which had nothing to do with my original inquiry.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SpaceElf wrote: »
    That's funny, because all of my attempts to ask for limited time homes have been responded to with a form letter which had nothing to do with my original inquiry.
    The first response to every Ticket will be an automated message. You need to reply to that and politely restate what you need assistance with, and then the Ticket will be escalated to a live agent who will actually read it and reply.
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    The first response to every Ticket will be an automated message. You need to reply to that and politely restate what you need assistance with, and then the Ticket will be escalated to a live agent who will actually read it and reply.

Okay.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, got a canned response about crowns not showing up and to relog LOL. I replied telling them I don't think they understood what I was asking. Be interesting to see if the crowns for that house vanish from my count and the house icon is white sometime within the next day or so. I sure hope so, don't want to have to wait for god knows how long for it to come back on sale in-game.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭
    ZomZom wrote: »
    How long did it take for your request to be granted?

For the Hunter's Glade, it took about a week and a half and that is with me responding to every email that asked for additional info immediately.

I also did this with Lakemire and that one only took about 4 days since they didn't have to ask for more information. I also sent it in on a Monday so there weren't any non-business days to deal with.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't see why they would say no since it's money in their pocket. The whole reason why certain houses are only available temporarily is to create a sense of urgency causing us to buy it.
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted my request July 29. I received a follow up July 31 stating that they were bumping it up to their specialized team. Haven’t heard back since then.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My suggestion is whenever you submit a ticket for anything, always choose the option to get a response by text message, not email. In my experience, the response has been almost IMMEDIATE. I was so shocked the first time. I had barely finished submitting the ticket. Whoever handles this part of support, they need a raise. I have nothing bad to say about it at all. Even if your issue is something that the messaging support team cannot do, they will route it the right place for you, so you bypass that initial canned response email.
    Edited by Pevey on August 8, 2020 4:47PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same ZomZom, I'm just waiting to see the crowns gone and the house available to decorate LOL. Kinda chomping at the bit here ZOS, got the vampire furnishings from the crown store and ready to go go go! Please give me my vampire cave home!!! Thank you very much.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on August 9, 2020 3:47PM
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    Got my Lakemire Xanmeer Manor house yesterday and my Argonian is so happy!
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    OK, so I downloaded the PTS hoping that I could practice decorating Xanmeer Manor but...yeah, it’s not available as far as I can tell. Any way to get it on PTS if I own it on prod?
  • LithiumFear
    I got wraithhome this way. But I just tried to get them to sell me another and they said they quit allowing it. Should I try again after the 4 days? Or will it go to the same agent?
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @LadySilvie Did the Lakemire house still have the water lilies or is that considered a furnishing (even though they still won't let us buy it anywhere)?
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently requested the Lakemire Xanmeer Manor, and was denied.

This is the form message I received:

"After review I regret to inform we are unable to grant the item requested. We have recently made a new policy change. Unfortunately we are unable to make the exceptions we made previously anymore. "

I pursued this further, as I think this is ludicrous, you have a customer whom you can make happy by doing something very simple and easy, and it's a digital item. This has commonly been done in the past, so there is precedent.

I'm disappointed mind you, the whole limited time housing thing seems idiotic from my point of view. Give your customers what they want, make them happy as often as is possible seems a far better practice to me.

" it was always a case by case exception moreso a courtesy. Therefore there is no player facing policy to be seen, this is all internal and private information."

So this seems like there is no policy? Yet there was some sort of internal policy made? It's all conflicting and hard to understand how they come to these decisions to deny people, and yet not say anything on the forums nor allow their first level support to address these requests, which seems far better to do. Just outright say you are not going to grant any requests.

"Furthermore there is none higher than me that would make an exception in this case as all matters of item request relating to the crown store go through me."

By the way this person's name is "Nicholas" evidently Nicholas is the person you always get when you request a limited time house to be sold to you. So Nicholas is who you will eventually come into contact with and it's Nicholas's policy to deny you what you are requesting. It used to be just a few month's ago that they allowed these requests, but Nicholas has evidently decided for some arbitrary reason to now deny these requests. This was his answer to my request.

"we do look and feedback and all our official channels so yes if there are alot of requests for certain content it is much more likely to be seen sooner rather than later"

My take away from this is instead of granting any requests, they now refuse them outright because of some arbitrary internal policy they cannot talk about. Instead, it seems they are encouraging people to post their requests on the crown store forum. This to me seems that they are attempting to get us, the players, to create excitement over previous crown store items, to generate the interest and then simply offer for sale whatever gets the most attention at whatever given time they decide to grace us with the decision to grant us a crown store limited item. It's like sorting out your recycle material so the garbage company can make money off your labor.

Anyway, I'm deeply disappointed with the way this entire thing was handled. If this arbitrary decision, this policy so to speak was recently changed then say so clearly in the forum instead of playing games with customers. When a customer requests a limited time item, then direct your first level support to tell them about this new arbitrary internal policy not to grant any limited time housing sale requests. Officially post on the threads like this that talk about requesting the housing, or remove them all together.

There are ways to handle things, and ways that cause your customers to become angry and upset. It seems ZOS has failed in this respect as well. It's so easy and simple to just come out and say that this is an internal arbitrary policy change, that these requests will be denied when requested. Or hey, you could also just come out and say you don't want to make your customers happy.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, I'm deeply disappointed with the way this entire thing was handled. If this arbitrary decision, this policy so to speak was recently changed then say so clearly in the forum instead of playing games with customers. When a customer requests a limited time item, then direct your first level support to tell them about this new arbitrary internal policy not to grant any limited time housing sale requests. Officially post on the threads like this that talk about requesting the housing, or remove them all together.

There are ways to handle things, and ways that cause your customers to become angry and upset. It seems ZOS has failed in this respect as well. It's so easy and simple to just come out and say that this is an internal arbitrary policy change, that these requests will be denied when requested. Or hey, you could also just come out and say you don't want to make your customers happy.

This says everything I could say on the matter perfectly. I informed "Nicholas" that it was more than a slap in the face to a paying customer who had been assured YEARS AGO that this service would be available to him.

I certainly won't be investing another dime in the game after this insulting and arbitrary about-face.

As a sidenote, I find it more than a little amusing that I've always gotten a survey after contacting Support, and always had reason to give them a glowing review. The one time I'm unhappy, though? No survey. Sus. :D
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on December 30, 2020 7:09PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they are not selling them because eso is gonna be cut short and cash grab looks real bad on game companies that do it
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • BackStabeth
    BackStabeth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe they are not selling them because eso is gonna be cut short and cash grab looks real bad on game companies that do it

I don't think that's the case at all. I feel that ZOS is so focused on new content, and spending so much on new content that they have put themselves in a position where they need to manipulate and force us, the customers, to purchase new content to justify the expenditure on new content.

I get the feeling that the people calling the shots, have called the wrong shots and are attempting to justify and compensate by giving us only the choices they want us to make, and not what we want to buy. If I were calling the shots at a corporation that meant the difference between being profitable, and keeping my job or giving people what they wanted instead and risking my job, I might make the same choices.

Whoever is calling the shots, making the management decisions, has obviously missed the boat and the real opportunity here which is to make customers happy, which in the long run retains those customers and they end up spending a lot more.

When corporate behavior makes no logical sense, then something is wrong. It's pretty easy to follow why a corporation behaves in certain ways, because the intent is to make profit and make customers happy. When a corporation makes no sense, does not make customers happy then there is something amiss.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This says everything I could say on the matter perfectly. I informed "Nicholas" that it was more than a slap in the face to a paying customer who had been assured YEARS AGO that this service would be available to him.

I certainly won't be investing another dime in the game after this insulting and arbitrary about-face.

As a sidenote, I find it more than a little amusing that I've always gotten a survey after contacting Support, and always had reason to give them a glowing review. The one time I'm unhappy, though? No survey. Sus. :D

You had been assured that you could buy a house this way? If someone from ZOS told you this, then they really should honor it! Otherwise, to my knowledge, players were never told they could buy items this way and I had thought it a rare thing usually done for those who had just missed the sale or wanted to award the home for a contest or other less usual reasons. From reading this thread, it sounds like it was done more often than that, but still not guaranteed.

I certainly understand your frustration, however, and the near-never availability really makes no sense to me! As others have said (here or elsewhere), it may well motivate someone to buy if they are on the fence, but no one is going to buy a property (or other item) they don’t like if it’s available for one day only or always! Meanwhile, it makes absolutely no sense to never offer items again so that many players NEVER have even one opportunity to buy these items! What is the strategy in that??? Limited time sales with items returning at least once each year would surely be more profitable and make players happy, no?

I WISH that you had been told that it was now their policy to not sell homes this way anymore because they were going to become available in store again and so would not cheat you of the furnishings the homes would normally include.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 31, 2020 9:54PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think that's the case at all. I feel that ZOS is so focused on new content, and spending so much on new content that they have put themselves in a position where they need to manipulate and force us, the customers, to purchase new content to justify the expenditure on new content.

I get the feeling that the people calling the shots, have called the wrong shots and are attempting to justify and compensate by giving us only the choices they want us to make, and not what we want to buy. If I were calling the shots at a corporation that meant the difference between being profitable, and keeping my job or giving people what they wanted instead and risking my job, I might make the same choices.

Whoever is calling the shots, making the management decisions, has obviously missed the boat and the real opportunity here which is to make customers happy, which in the long run retains those customers and they end up spending a lot more.

When corporate behavior makes no logical sense, then something is wrong. It's pretty easy to follow why a corporation behaves in certain ways, because the intent is to make profit and make customers happy. When a corporation makes no sense, does not make customers happy then there is something amiss.

Actually it is more likely to be because of the transition from Zenimax to Microsoft of basically all their game assets. Employees will, either through self preservation or on order, adhere to policy guidelines. Then next 12-18 months will be a little rockier than normal while they get all their ducks in a row, and Microsoft is updated on newly acquired assets and lays out a roadmap for those assets.

Microsoft might even revamp the whole crown store for us. Not likely but it is possible.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on December 31, 2020 7:00PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes they grant these requests, sometimes they don't, which I think it's very bad policy to have this inconsistency. I wish they could always grant selling requests through support, because it's bad enough that some houses are insanely expensive, are only sold for a limited time, and they don't have a set scedule for when they will reappear, with some reappring often, some not at all. It's terrible design, very customer unfriendly, it's like they are capitalizing on stress buying :sweat_smile: