The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Enchanter Surveys: worth it long term?

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Bottom line... don't craft basic white glyphs for alts to decon. Make them at least blue, then finish with purple once they hit level 40-ish in the Enchanting skill line.

P.S. There used to be a chart somewhere on here that showed extraction inspiration caps at various Enchanting skill levels

@Feric51

This is what you are looking for

https://sunshine-daydream.org/craft-enchanting.html

However, since we now typically have tons of CP160 Potencies, I have a simple method I follow, assuming your farming CP160 Mobs and making CP160 glyphs for alts to chew on:

L1 to L12 Decon Mob Looted Glyphs, Whatever they are, or Crafted Green Glyphs if desired
    L13 to L22/24 Blue Glyphs
    L24 to L46 Purple Glyphs

Then you can learn all the Essences and Potencies you don't know. That will get you close to if not at 50. This is assuming you have the Skill Points to invest in an Alts Enchanting and extra Essences. Otherwise, grind out some more Purples.

Aren't you mixing Alchemy and Enchanting here? No essences in enchanting. You have to make things for all levels for alchemy.

That page has some good details, but I would like to know "make X superb glyphs for X levels below 50" myself at least.

I find it much more effective to make superb ones rather than truly superb ones because the latter is much more expensive to replace, at least from the vendor.

I think he's referring to essence runes which are the ones that determine the actual effect like Deni = stamina, Oko = health, etc.

Potency runes determine the level of the glyph, Essence = effect, Aspect = Strength (color).

He's saying once you get the Enchanting skill to level 46 you should be able to finish it out to 50 just by crafting glyphs using combinations of unknown Potency and Essence runes since learning those gives a nice chunk of inspiration.

True. I just want to avoid jumping between characters to make the right number of runes!

Though I think I am done with that now, so it may not matter for me at least.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other than a chance for kuta they aren't worth doing
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Bottom line... don't craft basic white glyphs for alts to decon. Make them at least blue, then finish with purple once they hit level 40-ish in the Enchanting skill line.

P.S. There used to be a chart somewhere on here that showed extraction inspiration caps at various Enchanting skill levels

@Feric51

This is what you are looking for

https://sunshine-daydream.org/craft-enchanting.html

However, since we now typically have tons of CP160 Potencies, I have a simple method I follow, assuming your farming CP160 Mobs and making CP160 glyphs for alts to chew on:

L1 to L12 Decon Mob Looted Glyphs, Whatever they are, or Crafted Green Glyphs if desired
    L13 to L22/24 Blue Glyphs
    L24 to L46 Purple Glyphs

Then you can learn all the Essences and Potencies you don't know. That will get you close to if not at 50. This is assuming you have the Skill Points to invest in an Alts Enchanting and extra Essences. Otherwise, grind out some more Purples.

Aren't you mixing Alchemy and Enchanting here? No essences in enchanting. You have to make things for all levels for alchemy.

Alchemy is Solvents, Oils and Reagents.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"