Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Queueing solo for specific dungeon & the random dungeoneers

Dont_do_drugs
Dont_do_drugs
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Whoop whoop,

I was queuing for specific dungeons for Achievements this evening as healer. You'd think it should be easy, but seemingly isnt. As soon as i queued for random dungeon, i got a group within 5 seconds.

Which makes me wonder: I always thought, the group finder would group players for specific dungeons with players of random dungeons and move the randoms into the specific dungeon. Not anymore? Did ZOS change that? Is it a too complicated calculation? I just wonder...why....

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
Deutsch | English

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were a specific veteran dungeon, good luck finding a group for that if it's not the pledge. Very few people queue for random vet (at least compared to random normal) so fills don't happen often. The exception might be if you're a tank.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were a specific veteran dungeon, good luck finding a group for that if it's not the pledge. Very few people queue for random vet (at least compared to random normal) so fills don't happen often. The exception might be if you're a tank.

oh its been normal, as i was trying to get skillpoints for a new char. but actually its not the question. I ALWAYS thought the matchmaking would match people searching for specific dungeon with people in random dungeon - but it just doesnt. very obviously.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools

Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh its been normal, as i was trying to get skillpoints for a new char. but actually its not the question. I ALWAYS thought the matchmaking would match people searching for specific dungeon with people in random dungeon - but it just doesnt. very obviously.

It's hard to say much about how it matches for sure except that it's still broken in a variety of ways. The intention may be to do as you suggest, but the implementation may be trash.

I'd love it if we could actually see the queue in real time so we know where fills are needed, and how many of any particular role are in that line, but that may be a bit complicated to show easily. Without any sort of transparency, we can only make guesses about how the system is actually working and how it's supposed to work which will not always be the same.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i also wished to be informed in advance if the dungeon already had started and bosses were made, so i have a chance wether i join or wait for next group. but thats another dream.

so i always thought it matches with random dungeon groups, but maybe zos changed it when trying to "fix" group finder performance. who knows. i wish officials would give some insight into such things.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always assumed that when I queue as healer for a random I get lined up behind other healers looking for a random. Then, I am available to be placed with a tank or DD who is looking for a specific dungeon or in a random group if no DDs or tanks are looking for a specific one.

I've further assumed that when I queue for a specific dungeon, I'm lined up behind other healers looking for a specific dungeon. Then, when my turn comes, I'm placed with a tank and DDs who either queued for a random or queued for that same dungeon. If this is actually the case, then the difference in queue times would make sense.

I have also noticed that people farming specific gear tend to take a semi-fake tank with half-decent DPS because they can get their dungeon fast, dictate the speed at which the dungeon is run, and somewhat carry a weak PUG group (in normal). If this is also true, it would mean that tanks queuing for specific dungeons probably get a disproportionally large number of DDs looking for randoms as compared to healers.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 2 things here:

1.) Queue for a specific single dungeon can be buggy. I notice it from time to time that you have to queue for at least 2 specific dungeons for the finder to work correctly.

2.) Most vet dungeons, especially DLC ones are not run often as tehre simply is no reason to do so.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you queue specific you 100% can and will get people who queue for random. It's not locked only to other people who queued for the same dungeon.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    If you queue specific you 100% can and will get people who queue for random. It's not locked only to other people who queued for the same dungeon.

thats what i thought. trying that proved me wrong.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arkadius Trade Tools

Deutsch | English

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »
    There are 2 things here:

1.) Queue for a specific single dungeon can be buggy. I notice it from time to time that you have to queue for at least 2 specific dungeons for the finder to work correctly.

2.) Most vet dungeons, especially DLC ones are not run often as tehre simply is no reason to do so.

You are wrong on this...vet DLC dungeons are often run because they have better sets in general, and a lot of them have the chance at a motif(guaranteed on HM, but a chance non HM)

As to the OP's issue...if you queue for a specific dungeon...you have 3 spots to fill, 2 DPS and a Tank(as a healer). Whereas when you queued for the random, the only spot needing to be filled on that particular dungeon was the one you just filled...hence, a much faster queue and no wait time.