Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New hats make you bald?

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FYI baldness is only one of the problems, 2 of 3 new hats also deform characters foreheads (at least on females, didn't check on males):
    deiGaoC.png
    Well, yes the new hats are terrible. But what I want to know is: what eyeshadow is THAT? :kissing: Pls? I need to know.
  • Athymhormia
    Athymhormia
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Well, yes the new hats are terrible. But what I want to know is: what eyeshadow is THAT? :kissing: Pls? I need to know.
    That's Dark Eyeliner (Head Marking) with Dragonfly Wing Lashes (Facial Hair) ;) Can be a bit tricky to get it to look right, results depend on the eye sliders positions, it doesn't suit my altmers e.g., but looks great on this breton.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    That's Dark Eyeliner (Head Marking) with Dragonfly Wing Lashes (Facial Hair) ;) Can be a bit tricky to get it to look right, results depend on the eye sliders positions, it doesn't suit my altmers e.g., but looks great on this breton.
    Awesome, thanks for sharing this beauty hack! :smiley:
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like my new hat. I am going for the pimp chic look. lol
    0yrWBLy.png
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my new hat. I am going for the pimp chic look. lol
    0yrWBLy.png

OK Sinead, glad it works for you...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you’re bald but it’s kind of funny. The Dibella hat paired with a Jarl finery outfit all dyed the same color makes you look like a pimpin noble
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming that this is an intended affect of the hats but we have passed this feedback on to the rest of the team.

It would be great if they give the option, since some want it and some don't. Maybe an option like hide helm, only hide/show hair with helms/hats that reveal the head enough to justify it.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming that this is an intended affect of the hats but we have passed this feedback on to the rest of the team.

It would be great if they give the option, since some want it and some don't. Maybe an option like hide helm, only hide/show hair with helms/hats that reveal the head enough to justify it.

I don't think anyone is asking for the bald look...it's just there are a few races where it doesn't matter and some folks that, for whatever reason, aren't bothered by it.

There are a ton of downsides to this approach and as it's intentional I just boggle that someone thought it was a good solution.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was actually going to buy a few of these before i realized they made me bald

ya kinda dropped the ball on this one zos
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for me...won't purchase a hat that makes me bald and really cannot fathom why the developers think this is good! I don't know many females that want to be bald!
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 would probably buy but won't since the bald look doesn't work for my female characters.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to the breton hats when I saw them datamined. Been waiting for some new hats for quite some time and when they finally add more we get this. Like why? I would like the hair to be visible but I'd be alright with the "all hair tucked into the hat" look too. Anything but completely bald.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so weird and frustrating, and many mmos seems to suffer the same problem.

I can't believe it's beyond the wit of man to make in game hats which have hair incorporated into the base design to prevent the balding problem. I can't believe the designers don't think this is an issue either.

It's 2020 for heaven's sake, how can we not have hair under our flaming hats! ;)
    Edited by Magenpie on July 11, 2020 2:01PM
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nooo! At least put short hair underneath or something! It looks awful without!
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new Singing Skald costume also has a hat that makes your character bald. Guess it's a trend.
    🌟PC/NA CP2000+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1& +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Dro'Vashpar the Corrupted / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    The new Singing Skald costume also has a hat that makes your character bald. Guess it's a trend.

What? Why?!

From another thread:
    nukk3r wrote: »
    As earlier costumes show, ESO took care of it.

k7bUIbE.pngiu2Y6GP.png
    This is perfect, and has already been done in game with a different costume! Just throw that minimal hairline under the hats and done.

Especially since the promo image of this quite obviously has hair shown.

ZOS, please look into this!
    @ZOS_SarahHecker, can you pass this along as well?
  • luxius63
    luxius63
    Soul Shriven
    I am very disappointed too.
    since the last three hats the characters are bald, which is very unpleasant for the female characters. this is not the case with all previous hats, because even though some hairstyles are modified with short hair, the characters do not end up totally bald. Anyone who wants to can choose to have no hairstyle and have bald characters with all hats. but with the last three there is no more choice the characters are hopelessly bald. I hope this is a mistake and that it will be corrected.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just surprised that the baldness is an "intended effect".

What? Why? In what universe is that something that would be a good idea? It just seems lazy.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This was intended?? Why? How often do people don a hat that makes them bald? It looks terrible, on female characters particularly.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so bad. :(