The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Class Concept - Aquamancer

ShadowTrixGamer
This is a class concept by me, I thought it would be fun to do one as I love the classes in ESO and always enjoy it when they add more. This class as indicated by the name is mainly focused around water magic which I'm not sure if it would be popular or not but I think it would be cool to have another element in the game.

Skill Line 1 - Soaking Assult - This skill line is a main damaging line in this class, it will feature mainly offensive spells probably best suited for damage but can be slotted for tank and healer as well.

Ultimate - Tsunami's Wrath - Send forth a huge wall of water in front of you knocking down enemies and dealing damage to those who are hit. They are also now more susceptible to cold damage.
Morph 1 - Tsunami's Revenge - If the wall of water hits an enemy who has recently killed you or your teammate it will deal twice as much damage to them. If it kills them you restore all your health.
Morph 2 - Tsunami's Will - The wall of water will now be sent forth from all directions but do less damage and has less range.

Ability 1 - Nereid's Geyser - Place an AOE on the ground that will cause a geyser to launch an enemy who is standing in it up into the air. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Nereid's Launch - The AOE will now do toxic damage. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - Nereid's Strength - The AOE will do more damage and can pick up more enemies. (Magicka)

Ability 2 - Flash Flood - Gain the speed of a flash flood and move like water across the battlefield gaining increased speed and resource regeneration for the duration. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Electric Flood - Imbue the water with lightning causing you to move faster than before and causing any enemies you come in contact with to have damage dealt to them. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Unforgiving Flood - Increased speed and resource regeneration. (Magicka)

Ability 3 - Destructive Wave - Send forth a small wave to knock down and damage nearby enemies. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Aggressive Wave - Poison the water causing it to deal poison damage to whoever it touches. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - Vexed Wave - The water becomes unstable with anger and shatters the armour of whoever it touches causing them to have a lower defense for the duration. (Magicka)

Ability 4 - Evaporation - Drain the health of enemies by sucking the water out of their bodies. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Conserved Evaporation - You now gain the health that you sucked out of their bodies. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Uncontrolled Evaporation - You only drain their lowest resource be it health, Magicka or stamina. (Magicka)

Ability 5 - Bubble - Trap the enemy in a bubble that will immobilise them for the duration or until they break free. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Crushing Bubble - Squeeze the bubble crushing the one who is trapped inside dealing damage. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - Siphoning Bubble - Absorb their resources turning them into whatever your lowest one is. (Magicka)

Skill Line 2 - Ever Flow - This skill line is mainly focused on healing and support, I always thought it's a good idea to have one of these even if you're not planning on being a healer as you can heal yourself when the healers are busy or you are on your own.

Ultimate - Water's Call - Slam your hand onto the ground calling upon the natural water causing geysers to shoot up from the ground where your allies stand healing them and damaging the enemy that goes in contact with them. A max of 6 geysers can go off at once and do not move.
Morph 1 - Water's Saviour - Increases the healing, damage and the number of geysers goes up to a max of 8.
Morph 2 - Water's Warrior - The geysers now give increased physical and spell damage + defence to allies and decrease enemy physical and spell damage + defence.

Ability 1 - Flow - Tether to your allies a stream of healing water that as long as they are close enough will stick to them when activated. This is toggleable but will drain your Magicka when active. (Magicka).
Morph 1 - Extended Flow - Increases the range of the tethers. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Concentrated flow - Greatly reduces the cost of Magicka but you are only able to tether to 3 other people. (Magicka)

Ability 2 - Vapour - Call on the water vapour in the air to stick to your teammates causing their defence to increase while active.
Morph 1 - Spirited Vapour - The vapour clumps together so much there is extra allowing for your teammates to active a synergy that launches a ball of water at the enemy, each ball hit will restore a percentage of damage to your lowest resource. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - Controlled Vapour - You will now gain the increased defence. (Magicka)

Ability 3 - River's Will - Send forward a stream of water along the ground increasing ally speed and giving them a moderate amount of healing. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - River's Might - Increase speed but decreases healing. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - River's Guidance - Increases healing but decreases speed. (Magicka)

Ability 4 - Showering Rain - Create an AOE above people's heads. Any ally that stands in it will have their debuffs cleansed from them. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Plentiful Rain - Will now increase all damage done by allies when they stand-in it. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Forceful Rain - Will now slow enemies who walk into the AOE (Magicka)

Ability 5 - Cleansing Force - An AOE attack that will remove an enemy AOE as long as it isn't ultimate. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Regenerative Force - For every AOE that is removed, a portion of Magicka that was used to cast the cleansing AOE is given back. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Ancient Force - Absorb the AOE regenerating your lowest resource.

Skill Line 3 - Weather's Fury - This skill line as the name suggests uses weather magic linked with water such as rainstorms, typhoons, clouds etc. This is another damage skill line but can be used on other roles also.

Ultimate - Vortex - Create an AOE vortex on the ground sucking in any enemy that can be immobilised dealing mass damage to them the closer they get to the middle.
Morph 1 - Chilling Vortex - The water is as a cold as ice reducing enemies who are trapped damage and defence.
Morph 2 - Abyssal Vortex - The water clouds the eyes of those trapped stopping them from swapping hotbars.

Ability 1 - Typhoon - Call forth the power of a typhoon onto yourself causing any enemy who comes near you to take damage. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Unforgiving Typhoon - Absorb the resources of those who get damaged by it. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Unrelenting Typhoon - Does more damage and has a large range. (Stamina)

Ability 2 - Fog - Cloud the enemy making them unable to use their abilities whilst they are targeted. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Spreading Fog - Now turns into an AOE. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Blinding Fog - Whilst active on an enemy player, if they run into another enemy player (on their team), they also cannot use their abilities and have the chance to pass it on. (Magicka)

Ability 3 - Rainstorm - Call upon the clouds to open creating an AOE that if enemies walk into it, they take moderate amounts of damage. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Toxic Rain - The rain that falls now causes toxic damage. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - Heated Rain - The rain will now deal more damage. (Magicka)

Ability 4 - Seeking Jet - Send forth a jet of water at an enemy causing them to be knocked over if it hits.
Morph 1 - Piercing Jet - The jet will now reduce defence. (Stamina)
Morph 2 - Unstable Jet - Once the jet hits the target, any other enemies close to the target will take a small amount of damage from it. (Magicka)

Ability 5 - Rain Drops - Shed a layer of water in the form of droplets causing any enemy to walk into them to take damage. (Magicka)
Morph 1 - Storm Drops - Increase the damage and amount of droplets. (Magicka)
Morph 2 - Life Drops - For every enemy that walks into them, you gain a percentage of the health they lost. (Magicka)

Well, that's this build done, of course I could go into more detail so if you want me to do that just ask me. This is my second one after getting some feedback from my last. I tried not to make it like any other class but I did add some abilities like others but with twists but they do become more unique in their morphs. Please voice comments and feedback below as I'd love to hear them. The water element isn't really utilised that much in ESO so I thought it would be nice to have something like this as currently, I think only the Nereid use water attacks.
Edited by ShadowTrixGamer on August 6, 2020 8:35AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some cool ideas! I always liked class concept threads :smile: I have a concept thread that I haven’t posted yet but which I think you would find very interesting, because it so happens the themes were water, wind, and ice (mostly water lol), so if I ever decide to post it I’ll have to link it to you.

Putting aside ESO’s huge issues with performance and balance atm, a water class would be awesome.

As for water (and wind) attacks we also see lot of it in Summerset which shows its definitely doable.
    Edited by Vaoh on August 6, 2020 8:38AM
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Some cool ideas! I always liked class concept threads :smile: I have a concept thread that I haven’t posted yet but which I think you would find very interesting, because it so happens the themes were water, wind, and ice (mostly water lol), so if I ever decide to post it I’ll have to link it to you.

Putting aside ESO’s huge issues with performance and balance atm, a water class would be awesome.

As for water (and wind) attacks we also see lot of it in Summerset which shows its definitely doable.

Thank you, I'd love to see it as I also like class concepts, I just like the diversity classes adds into the game.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like it! Can see it working right away and being fun!! Good on ya!!
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Joxer61 wrote: »
    i like it! Can see it working right away and being fun!! Good on ya!!

Thank you it would be pretty good if it was added in game, I can definitely see it being fun.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the concept of your class, even tho it Sounds pretty OP in a few parts, especcially the recource drain with so many abilities and the Fog ability making people unable to Cast their abilities.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot, it's unique. Especially the AOE that removes AOE's.
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    I really like the concept of your class, even tho it Sounds pretty OP in a few parts, especcially the recource drain with so many abilities and the Fog ability making people unable to Cast their abilities.

Yeah, I've got to admit I do give the option for resource drain quite a few times but thank you.
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    I like it a lot, it's unique. Especially the AOE that removes AOE's.

Thank you. Yeah I think that's pretty good as well, I don't think there's anything like it in ESO at the moment either.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian aquamancer
    Hell yeah
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    Anyron wrote: »
    Argonian aquamancer
    Hell yeah

Yeah, that would work pretty well, maybe Argonians will do more water damage?
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that you should look into correcting damage types as well as opening this to better wording and morphs. You have things like "Infuse the water with lightning" that thematically don't make sense for an aquamancer and would fit a storm caster more. This is further supported by one of your skill lines being called "Weather's Fury" and not having a single shock damage ability in that line.

"More susceptible to cold damage" is far too blanket. Try introducing specific effects such as...

Ultimate - Tsunami's Wrath - Send forth a huge wall of water in front of you knocking down enemies and dealing damage to those who are hit. Enemies hit are Drenched causing them to take X% more damage from your Soaking Assault abilities for X seconds.

This next critique is purely preferential but Soaking Assault sounds like a really bad Super Soaker commercial. Caps lock below for comical effect.
    "INTRODUCING THE SICK NEW SOAKING ASSAULT BLASTER. NOW HIT YOUR FRIENDS WITH THE POWER OF STORMS THEMSELVES WITH OUR NEW STREAMLINED TRIPLE SHOT SOAKER TIP."

In a singular skill line you have 4 CC abilities; that alone is a problem as they are all knockdowns. Maybe introduce some conditional effects to their hard CC like "If it strikes the targets back."

Flash Flood, Uncontrolled Evaporation, Siponing Bubble, Spirited Vapor, Ancient Force and Unforgiving Typhoon. You have six resource abusing abilities in a game that's all about resource retention. This just screams really bad design without completely overhauling every other class.

Overall my main advice for you if you want to pitch class ideas is:
    1. Use the correct damage types or make sure to write your own unique effects. "Cold" damage does not exist; there is Frost. "Toxic" damage does not exist; there is Poison. It's important to use the keywords the game already has to ensure you are communicating your ideas correctly so we understand when a new mechanic is being introduced into your proposed kit.
    2. Do not overload your class with resource regen and CC; you're just asking for it to be OP. You should be willing to acknowledge from the get-go that your class has drawbacks, make sure you can state those drawbacks so that people know there is a weakness in the design of it.
    3. Use the correct buff names for the same reason of damage types. "Increase Armor" VS "Grant Major Resolve" is VERY different. Major Resolve from multiple sources does not stack. Increasing Armor does.
    4. You should be able to state a clear and concise weakness of your class. Designing a class without a drawback in mind is a poor design choice.
    5. Use numbers. For example there is a massive difference in Flash Flood lasting 10 seconds and it lasting 40. Using numbers once again creates a more cohesive emergence of the class and how well you grasp its balance. If you rely on ZOS to assign these values then it doesn't reflect well on your ability to imagine the class in the current game state, but that is purely my opinion.

Overall there are some clever ideas in the concept; I feel like it just needs fleshed out so that there is a more clear idea on what the class can and cannot achieve.
  • ShadowTrixGamer
    I'd say that you should look into correcting damage types as well as opening this to better wording and morphs. You have things like "Infuse the water with lightning" that thematically don't make sense for an aquamancer and would fit a storm caster more. This is further supported by one of your skill lines being called "Weather's Fury" and not having a single shock damage ability in that line.

"More susceptible to cold damage" is far too blanket. Try introducing specific effects such as...

Ultimate - Tsunami's Wrath - Send forth a huge wall of water in front of you knocking down enemies and dealing damage to those who are hit. Enemies hit are Drenched causing them to take X% more damage from your Soaking Assault abilities for X seconds.

This next critique is purely preferential but Soaking Assault sounds like a really bad Super Soaker commercial. Caps lock below for comical effect.
    "INTRODUCING THE SICK NEW SOAKING ASSAULT BLASTER. NOW HIT YOUR FRIENDS WITH THE POWER OF STORMS THEMSELVES WITH OUR NEW STREAMLINED TRIPLE SHOT SOAKER TIP."

In a singular skill line you have 4 CC abilities; that alone is a problem as they are all knockdowns. Maybe introduce some conditional effects to their hard CC like "If it strikes the targets back."

Flash Flood, Uncontrolled Evaporation, Siponing Bubble, Spirited Vapor, Ancient Force and Unforgiving Typhoon. You have six resource abusing abilities in a game that's all about resource retention. This just screams really bad design without completely overhauling every other class.

Overall my main advice for you if you want to pitch class ideas is:
    1. Use the correct damage types or make sure to write your own unique effects. "Cold" damage does not exist; there is Frost. "Toxic" damage does not exist; there is Poison. It's important to use the keywords the game already has to ensure you are communicating your ideas correctly so we understand when a new mechanic is being introduced into your proposed kit.
    2. Do not overload your class with resource regen and CC; you're just asking for it to be OP. You should be willing to acknowledge from the get-go that your class has drawbacks, make sure you can state those drawbacks so that people know there is a weakness in the design of it.
    3. Use the correct buff names for the same reason of damage types. "Increase Armor" VS "Grant Major Resolve" is VERY different. Major Resolve from multiple sources does not stack. Increasing Armor does.
    4. You should be able to state a clear and concise weakness of your class. Designing a class without a drawback in mind is a poor design choice.
    5. Use numbers. For example there is a massive difference in Flash Flood lasting 10 seconds and it lasting 40. Using numbers once again creates a more cohesive emergence of the class and how well you grasp its balance. If you rely on ZOS to assign these values then it doesn't reflect well on your ability to imagine the class in the current game state, but that is purely my opinion.

Overall there are some clever ideas in the concept; I feel like it just needs fleshed out so that there is a more clear idea on what the class can and cannot achieve.

Yeah all of that is very true. I didn’t really flesh out the class whilst making it as I didn’t have a strong idea but I could definitely work on adding those values and specifics. It was good feedback and I agree that I may need to limit the amount of certain skills. I will think about the specifics and apply then because I do like this class style and type so I will change some things up so thank you.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like idea od water theme, but I just can't resist with some suggestions:

Ultimate - Rain: Use your shamanic powers to summon rain. Makes everyone wet. Every wet player have 10% chance to catch a cold.
    Morph 1 - Big rain: makes everyone even more wet. 30% chance to catch a cold.
    Morph 2 - Safe Rain: Gives up to 12 allies umbrellas granting immunity to catch a cold.

Ability 1 (Tank) - Spit - You spitting to enemy taunting him for 15 seconds
    Morph 1 - Agressive Spit - You also insult enemies mothers which gives pernament taunt
    Morph 2 - Spitting in the eye - You spit into enemy eye, which slows him down for 0.5 second

Ability 2 - Crying - you think about games bad performance, microtransactions and nerfs what makes you crying. Enemies feel sad for you so they don't attack you 15 seconds.
    Morph 1 - Forum cry - you resonate with forum laments, what makes you angry and salty - your tears deal 1048 damage to all enemies in area for 10 seconds
    Morph 2 - Sad crying - In your PUG were fake tank, fake healer and DD spamming light attacks only - enemies feel so much compansion that they not only don't attack you, but also heal you 1000 HP per second for 10 seconds.

That was my first assacations with using water for skills :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are some interesting ideas, having a class that has such a limited focus is probably not a good idea. It certainly does not flow the class design in the game. Take the Warden for example. It is a nature class but one line is animals, another is frost and a third is plants. I would suggest that adds to a more interesting class design than all one thing.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all on board for an aqua themed class, but it cant just be water.

DK is flame & poison & Earth/rock. Sorc is shock & wind & "dark" magic. Warden is ice and nature/animals. Necro is kind of ice and flame and shock and poison all mixed up & necrofied. Point is, you cant have 3 skill lines all based & themed around water.

1 or 2 at most.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Water isn't threatening unless there's slaughterfish involved. 3/10 for not having a skill for slaughterfish. On a real note, some of these sound utterly broken.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs nerfed
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all on board for an aqua themed class, but it cant just be water.

DK is flame & poison & Earth/rock. Sorc is shock & wind & "dark" magic. Warden is ice and nature/animals. Necro is kind of ice and flame and shock and poison all mixed up & necrofied. Point is, you cant have 3 skill lines all based & themed around water.

1 or 2 at most.

I thought about this some more (not much more, just a bit lol)…

Seems to me fairly obvious that a water themed class could provide the opportunity to address something many have called for, for a long time... real, viable frost/ice damage across a range of skills. As things are, there are a few frost based skills scattered here and there, and even fewer that deal damage. Warden is the only class with a skill line that does have a frosty focus, but its mainly a support line rather than damage. In a water themed class one skill line could easily provide for this. A range of interesting frost based skills that deal damage, a spammable, an aoe, a snare, a dot, a debuff etc.

This leaves 2 skill lines, one of which would obviously be water focused, personally I would suggest this be a healing/support focused line, as fantasy wise water as an element is very often related to healing powers etc, so it makes sense. Though I do think there could be room for some debuff type skills, via rain storms/mist etc. The ultimate could do both good damage and heal, a bit like the Warden frost ulti can do damage but support also.

The final skill line could actually bring air/wind into play far more. Sorc has a few bits n bobs re this, and a few sets here and there are air/wind themed.... but how about a skill line to really bring this to life.

There can of course be some cross over between the skill lines. So for instance in the air line, an icy tornado storm that does aoe damage, whatever, Im just riffing here.

Finally, one of this classes release selling points... an update to frost staffs... the ability to better morph EITHER into its current forms, where it can be used niche for tanking etc... OR into pure damage, so no taunting with heavy attacks. This alone is something the community have asked for repeatedly.

The end... or is it...
    Edited by Grianasteri on August 19, 2020 3:07PM
  • Chief_Worm
    Chief_Worm
    Soul Shriven
    Reminds me of Toucan Sam.