The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I Can't Fight

VvardeFellow
VvardeFellow
✭✭✭
Occasionally, randomly, and of varying duration, I am unable to fight. I cannot use a light, heavy, or skill bar skill, nor even use a quick slot item. I can move freely, dodge, and run around until the "event" is over. It can happen at the start of a fight, in the middle, or who knows where. It happens overland, in delves, and in public dungeons. It happens with solo mobs, multi mobs, including animals. Since my character has 20k+ health, I can usually run around until I regain function, but occasionally it actually last long enough for an ordinarily puny 2-3 mobs to kill me. It can last a few seconds, up to 20 seconds.

I must say I am disgusted by the ticket process where at the end it says, slight paraphrase "Don't expect a reply, if we need something we will contact you."
  • ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @VvardeFellow. if you could, would you post your ticket number so we can ensure it gets to the right place?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • shiptile
    shiptile
    Soul Shriven
    i sometimes get this issue as well. cant attack or use skills. i have to move to another map or wait it out. i didnt add a ticket for this because i wrote a ticket about another issue and it was deleted and told me to come to forums and look.
    so when it happens again ill make a video and send it.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I get this sometimes as well. It most commonly happens if I get hit while on a mount (even if I dont get knocked off). The workaround is to do a dodge roll. That, for whatever reason, gets skills/attacks working again.
  • Rastapasta
    Rastapasta
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same in pvp cyrodill

My FPS stays under 60 but when too many players around my PR spikes to 14000
    I can run around but not able to do anything else. and everything around me stands still.
    Sometimes it restores back to around 100 but most of the times it stays at 14 K till I DC .

this situation happens since the previous maintenance. so 2-3 weeks now.

message in logs when it happened today

2020-07-30T17:19:06.617+01:00 event_type=start step=timer_manager size=64
    2020-07-30T17:20:14.530+01:00 event_type=start step=timer_manager size=64
    2020-07-30T18:01:01.655+01:00 Trigger volume manager was notified of area unload.
    2020-07-30T18:01:24.983+01:00 event_type=start step=timer_manager size=64
    2020-07-30T18:01:43.865+01:00 event_type=start step=timer_manager size=64
    2020-07-30T18:16:14.481+01:00 Trigger volume manager was notified of area unload.
    2020-07-30T18:16:26.854+01:00 Trigger volume manager was notified of area unload.

Tonight before logging on I remember an old trick form years ago having similar problems you can do.
    It seems to help at least for tonight
    Delete the ShaderCache.cooked file you can find it Documents/ Elder Scrolls Online/ Live
    no worries to delete it rebuilds itself at logon (logon might take a bit longer)

The Roll Dodge @Waver seems to work when the PR is lower than 200 (ty for this)
    Edited by Rastapasta on July 30, 2020 9:22PM
  • c363b
    c363b
    ✭✭✭
    I have had the same issue with several of my characters and several bosses in Summerset during the current event. I started a thread with more details on this forum section, but ZOS apparently deleted it.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem, i'll provide a video on this topic tonight.
  • Thunda
    Thunda
    ✭✭
    Happens to me in Cyro (PC-NA) from time to time. Can't bar swap, can't use abilities, can't attack, can't use doors/wayshrines, can't mount, can't dodge roll, and can't use synergies. I can use potions though. Dying doesn't seem to fix it. Have to force close the game and log back in.

I have submitted in-game feedback tickets each time.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKL-hOgnjto

During the whole time I'm pressing keys and nothing happens.

It happens everyday. It's just totally lag related.