The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Thrassian Stranglers Changes

XZS2JHub17_ESO
XZS2JHub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi,

I am one of those end-game players (playing since beta) and I would like to input a possible solution to the Thrassian Stranglers in the upcoming patch.

Buffs: 50 spell and weapon damage per stack, up to 30 stacks, to a maximum to 1,500 spell and weapon damage.

Debuffs:
-For every stack, you lose 135 hit points, to a maximum of 4,050.
-For every stack, your shield efficiency drops by 1.5%, to a maximum of 45%.
-For every stack, you lose 100 magicka and stamina, to a maximum of 3,000.
-For every stack, you lose 10 magicka and stamina recovery, to a maximum of 300.

Duration: up to 1 hour.

The idea here is that, you are easier to kill, and the resources are limited in trial settings. However, by hitting the dps with sustain, they have to choose whether it is a good idea to keep the stacks or not. Because in the end, you can't dps if you are out of resources, no matter your spell or weapon damage.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Sapentia.
  • XZS2JHub17_ESO
    XZS2JHub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    What do you think of this?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds even worse than the version on PTS currently. The lost Magicka would effectively subtract out of the Spell Damage gained, and the lower recovery would make it harder to use solo or in pugs with no sustain support. Adding up the long list of losses makes it clear that they outweigh the small damage gain.
  • halucin0g3n
    halucin0g3n
    ✭✭✭✭
    This item is dead. Pointless, useless. Get over it. They'll never make it better. You might as well ignore the fact it exists.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I counter this proposal with the following.

10 Stacks
    150 SD/WD per stack
    -600 Health per stack

Simple. Done.

The faster the stacks build up, the faster you end up in range of losing too much health. This would cause the player to pay close attention to their stack count, and force them to make a decision on when to crouch to drop their stacks before it gets to the point where they cannot stay alive if they take damage.

Most DDs run around with about 18,000 health with food active. Losing 6,000 health drops you down to 12k. That is easily 1 shot range in more difficult content. The trade off may not be worth it. At 5 stacks, you would drop to 15,000 health, which could be survivable, but not entirely. This may be as many stacks as you can sustain before you are in the critical danger zone. At 5 stacks, you would receive 750 SD/WD, which is a nice buff that is competitive with Monster Helms when you consider the draw back.

One would also need to pay close attention to their damage and the targets health. You can gain stacks simply by killing a target with your DoTs and AoEs. So controlling your stacks would require you to really pay attention. This would force players to actually use the Crouch mechanic of this item tactfully.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50 kills in a trial and the buff will be remove d when the player died, sorry, dev proved us that they dont really play this game rofl.
    Do u guys understand how the glove run, if we run 3 Thrassian Stranglers dps, how we control the killing blow? Other 9 players stop attack b4 the mobs down?

U guys said you dont want everyone run this glove, u did it,not even 1 maybe.

There is no better option, 12k hp in vet hm, i dont think those dps can survive, we have to run monster set back.

If u guys cant balance the item both pve and pvp, just remove it.

Huge nerf the item after chapter selling real quick , i have no idea whats the point of Pts, you guys never listen.

Risk vs return principle cannot apply on this game.
  • Myrddin1357
    Myrddin1357
    ✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    50 kills in a trial and the buff will be remove d when the player died, sorry, dev proved us that they dont really play this game rofl.
    Do u guys understand how the glove run, if we run 3 Thrassian Stranglers dps, how we control the killing blow? Other 9 players stop attack b4 the mobs down?

U guys said you dont want everyone run this glove, u did it,not even 1 maybe.

I think it is very clear they do not want this to be used in dungeons and trials. The 50 stacks makes this unusable in trial groups. I'm not sure if this can be used in 4 person dungeon groups. But I think this is the intention of the developers and not an accident.

I think they are not listening to us because what they want for this item and what a lot of players want are in opposition.

The only places this item can now really work are:

overland maps (fighting world bosses)
    public dungeons
    solo running normal (or easy vet) dungeons
    vma (as long as you don't die too often)

I'm pretty sure they know this and this is what they want.

I don't want this item to change (had a lot of fun with it) but as other have pointed out, it's time to say good bye to it and move on! Nothing good lasts forever in real life. In ESO, good things can have a lifespan of few weeks to a few months!

• XZS2JHub17_ESO
    XZS2JHub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    kathandira wrote: »
    I counter this proposal with the following.

10 Stacks
    150 SD/WD per stack
    -600 Health per stack

Simple. Done.

The faster the stacks build up, the faster you end up in range of losing too much health. This would cause the player to pay close attention to their stack count, and force them to make a decision on when to crouch to drop their stacks before it gets to the point where they cannot stay alive if they take damage.

Most DDs run around with about 18,000 health with food active. Losing 6,000 health drops you down to 12k. That is easily 1 shot range in more difficult content. The trade off may not be worth it. At 5 stacks, you would drop to 15,000 health, which could be survivable, but not entirely. This may be as many stacks as you can sustain before you are in the critical danger zone. At 5 stacks, you would receive 750 SD/WD, which is a nice buff that is competitive with Monster Helms when you consider the draw back.

One would also need to pay close attention to their damage and the targets health. You can gain stacks simply by killing a target with your DoTs and AoEs. So controlling your stacks would require you to really pay attention. This would force players to actually use the Crouch mechanic of this item tactfully.

This works too. I just think 50 stacks is absolutely bonkers.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting Thrassian was a waste of time.

I agree that they needed to nerf it or modify how it works but gutting it like that was very heavy handed.

The funny thing is they keep nodding it every single Monday. They buff the weapon/spell damage but don't understand its the 50 stacks the problem.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing with both the old and new here,

The spell damage per stack is still low. A starting point @1500 is better start point. For instance, most direct damage skills have a coefficient range between .5x - .8x multiplied by Spell or Weapon Damage which translates out into tool tip damage on skills. Although Stranger's +Spell Damage seems high; it's being crunched down in terms of the extra damage it applies to the character's skills. Whereas, the Band of Brutality mythic item gains a better applied benefit on damage.

Stranglers has a build-up curve; Plus, a hefty -6000 health loss and -50% loss to damage shields. These penalties can be more impairing than the Band of Brutality. I agree with the direction ZOS is trying to go with stack counters with a drop-off penalty on the item set benefits, however, the accumulated penalties still need to be worthwhile.

I agree with some OP changes,

- 1500 Spell Damage (minimum)
    - 30 Stacks (50 Spell Damage per Stack)
    - 1% penalty to Damage Shields
    Note: Damage shields already have a damage shield strength limitation to 50% of the character's health.
    - Stealth removes 1 stack per second while Stealth or Invisibility.

I added the Stealth stack loss penalty here. I don't see why not. Level the choices between Stranglers and Band of Brutality so no class is excluded from using the mythic item.