The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

The truth about proposed AOE changes-King of gamez

Synssaturdayy9
(disclaimer)
this is what kog had to say about it not me so please don't shoot the messenger.
not trying to be disrespectful to zos or bash zos by posting a link for this video but everything kog is saying is truthful
Edited by Synssaturdayy9 on August 5, 2020 4:55AM
  • Synssaturdayy9
    I also agree with every thing he says
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's no link to a video, no quote or anything.
    You could save people 5 seconds of searching YouTube by posting a link.

Okay watched some of the video.
    Can't really say if I agree with him or not, as(6 minutes in), it's mostly just a dude swearing non stop.

Okay few things, ultimates even aoe ones, are not on the cooldown, if Mr Gamez bothered to check pts, or the list he would know.
    Also a lot of single target skills have radius checks, and hence why they are putting a CD on it.
    No offense, I'm 100% against these proposed aoe changes, but this video is full of misconceptions.
    Edited by Firstmep on August 5, 2020 6:37PM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Can't really say if I agree with him or not, as(6 minutes in), it's mostly just a dude swearing non stop.

Maybe that is the point... that the self proclaimed king of the gameZ has nothing to say about the changes. Or that the king lost his words forever once he saw the plan for AoE. :wink:
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »

Maybe that is the point... that the self proclaimed king of the gameZ has nothing to say about the changes. Or that the king lost his words forever once he saw the plan for AoE. :wink:

I think there was a part where he was angry at people for not being outraged enough?
    I mean, what can people do?
    Zos is not known for (at least the current team) caving into community pressure.
    The game has been steadily bleeding vet players for years, and if they mess up the combat, than their player numbers plummeting will be the only thing they will heed to.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (disclaimer)
    this is what kog had to say about it not me so please don't shoot the messenger.
    not trying to be disrespectful to zos or bash zos by posting a link for this video but everything kog is saying is truthful

You did claim it to be the truth.

However, ironically, they seem to have nothing to say on the subject. LOL BTW, just because someone is a streamer does not mean their opinion has more value nor does it mean they even know what they are talking about. They are just a person with an opinion.
    Edited by idk on August 5, 2020 7:01PM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt like his argument was well articulated, and well thought out. I also liked the fact that he provided a variety of analogies with the proposed changes.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, by virtue of me not being bothered to look up the video for which you left no link and gave no quote.

And based on the fact that most people are usually wrong, as a general rule, on the forums. Especially the PTS section.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree, by virtue of me not being bothered to look up the video for which you left no link and gave no quote.

And based on the fact that most people are usually wrong, as a general rule, on the forums. Especially the PTS section.

This is difficult to argue against.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    BTW, just because someone is a streamer does not mean their opinion has more value nor does it mean they even know what they are talking about.

You are correct, opinions are opinions, nothing more. my opinion is that they are trying to remove more server resources from PvP into housing for the new pathing thing, there is 95% chance I am wrong. :Shrug:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    BTW, just because someone is a streamer does not mean their opinion has more value nor does it mean they even know what they are talking about.

You are correct, opinions are opinions, nothing more. my opinion is that they are trying to remove more server resources from PvP into housing for the new pathing thing, there is 95% chance I am wrong. :Shrug:

If we start streaming and make these claims then that 5% chance of being correct becomes a more meaningful 5% chance. We need to give ourselves a catchy name that makes it sound like we have some authority. The person named in the title of this thread did a great job picking a name that makes it sound like they know what they are doing.

Edited by idk on August 6, 2020 3:13AM
  • Synssaturdayy9

Okay few things, ultimates even aoe ones, are not on the cooldown, if Mr Gamez bothered to check pts, or the list he would know.
    Also a lot of single target skills have radius checks, and hence why they are putting a CD on it.
    No offense, I'm 100% against these proposed aoe changes, but this video is full of misconceptions.

i couldn't post a link because of the thumbnail for the video i would get suspended or permabanned if i did put it right where zos would see but he's clarifying the fact that people are just letting these changes go through and that people aren't even fazed at the fact these changes are going through which these changes are terrible and i can't speak my mind on it because the things i say would most likely get me banned tbh........
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i couldn't post a link because of the thumbnail for the video i would get suspended or permabanned if i did put it right where zos would see but he's clarifying the fact that people are just letting these changes go through and that people aren't even fazed at the fact these changes are going through which these changes are terrible and i can't speak my mind on it because the things i say would most likely get me banned tbh........

It makes no sense to suggest people are just letting these changes happen since no changes have been proposed. Even the real tests will not start until the end of the month at the earliest with possibly different tweaks to the tests being done after the initial four tests are done on live.

As such most people can only complain for the sake of complaining that change MIGHT happen. I commend people to hold their opinions until they can base them on actual, real, information.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King of Gamez isnt the most articulate content creator. Hes definitely a skilled player but that doesn't mean he has in depth knowledge about game mechanics and what's really going on. So many other content creators have done takes on this subject and they all back their claims up well, without sounding like a teenager when they speak.

I could be wrong though. I just dont feel like watching an 18 minute video about this subject cause I've heard enough about it. Plus his mic hurts my ears lol.

I will 100% agree that the changes are gonna suck tho.
    Edited by FangOfTheTwoMoons on August 6, 2020 3:42AM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe we should allow testing to run it's course and see what, if any, actual change are made as a result before we start prophesying the "truth" in some guy going on a rant.
  • Soundinfinite
    Soundinfinite
    ✭✭✭
    The rules of what does and does not get placed on cool down are far too broad. This is a perfect example of unholistic balancing.

Zos has problem A and they have set up rules to try and resolve problem A without looking at how these changes effect B, C, D.....and will ultimately destroy the usability of entire skills, build make-ups,and classes (Templar)

This will ultimately cause further changes down the road to try and fix what they are about to break which will need further balancing.....making the testing of skills as they are now pointless as many will simply be unable to stay as they are currently designed and is setting ESO on a long path of redesign.

Or, which has happened mutliple times over the past year and a half, be forced to completely come back and revert or trash what they are attempting currently, not to mention this entire process is flying in the face of the past 6 years of ESO combat purpose and not being based around cooldown timers but instead resource management.

Their current rule set does not include any Ultimates (as Ultimates can't be spammed) thus the ball Zerg AOE meta can remain as is. The stacking of AOE ultimates is what make it so effective...not those spamming force pulse and lightning heavy attacks.

Zos, please drill down to the root of the problem.

You claim in your reasoning and write up that ESO combat was not intended to be AOE focused, but you are placing skills that are designed as spammables and focused for single target damage that happen to have splash AOE damage effects on the same cool downs of true full AOE and dot skills....which doesnt seem to make any sense.

Spamming wall of elements as you move is not the design of the skill...it is a static 10 second AOE dot...thus placing a penalty timer on someone who is using not as such, makes logical sense..and I am not against it.

Templar jabs is a class spammable, Shock Clench is an AOE spammable...they do not have dots that occur over a timer and they are designed to be used in quick succession...placing a timer on such skills makes absolutely no logical sense.

Look at how these changes will domino...and then rework the rule-set to only target skills that are being used in a way not intended.

Such as placing timers only on Instant cast AOE DOTs.

This, will narrow the field down considerably on affected skills, reinforce current game intended design, allow timers and force lower casting of intensive computation skills, and reinforce single target gameplay.

You could also simply change ALL AOEs to deal damage to everyone (Allies and Enemies) while in PVP zones ...this would create "friendly fire" deaths that subtract AP at the same rate killing enemies adds AP. While there will of course be trolls who try to bomb their own campaign...the campaign lock system will help gate enemy campaign spy bombing..if someone does choose to be a spy they will be locked into that campaign for the entire 30/7 days and lose out on all AP as their ally bombing would negate AP gained making it a loss/loss for the player..and this would completely destroy the BALL Zerg meta, as now they will kill themselves as fast as anyone they are attacking. This would strongly reinforce single target gameplay over AOE gameplay.
    Edited by Soundinfinite on August 6, 2020 4:06PM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    They don't want high tier pve/pvp players play this game anymore it seems.
    They stress the hamster most. And hamster are expensive and hard to get.
    Those chilling overland quester and rp
    (nothing against those type of players, Realy, everyone should be able to Play the game as they want) , buying tons of crowns to get shiny new mounts/outfits or an time limited home their they can buy even more furniture for crowns, those are the ppl zos want to p[l]ay their "game".
    Most of those ppl don't even notice any gameplay changes.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see why you couldn't post it here, op. It was worth the search though. Not a single thing he said was wrong.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (disclaimer)

You did claim it to be the truth.

However, ironically, they seem to have nothing to say on the subject. LOL BTW, just because someone is a streamer does not mean their opinion has more value nor does it mean they even know what they are talking about. They are just a person with an opinion.

Clearly not, they are the King of Gamez 😁
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rules of what does and does not get placed on cool down are far too broad. This is a perfect example of unholistic balancing.

Zos has problem A and they have set up rules to try and resolve problem A without looking at how these changes effect B, C, D.....and will ultimately destroy the usability of entire skills, build make-ups,and classes (Templar)

This will ultimately cause further changes down the road to try and fix what they are about to break which will need further balancing.....making the testing of skills as they are now pointless as many will simply be unable to stay as they are currently designed and is setting ESO on a long path of redesign.

Or, which has happened mutliple times over the past year and a half, be forced to completely come back and revert or trash what they are attempting currently, not to mention this entire process is flying in the face of the past 6 years of ESO combat purpose and not being based around cooldown timers but instead resource management.

Their current rule set does not include any Ultimates (as Ultimates can't be spammed) thus the ball Zerg AOE meta can remain as is. The stacking of AOE ultimates is what make it so effective...not those spamming force pulse and lightning heavy attacks.

Zos, please drill down to the root of the problem.

You claim in your reasoning and write up that ESO combat was not intended to be AOE focused, but you are placing skills that are designed as spammables and focused for single target damage that happen to have splash AOE damage effects on the same cool downs of true full AOE and dot skills....which doesnt seem to make any sense.

Spamming wall of elements as you move is not the design of the skill...it is a static 10 second AOE dot...thus placing a penalty timer on someone who is using not as such, makes logical sense..and I am not against it.

Templar jabs is a class spammable, Shock Clench is an AOE spammable...they do not have dots that occur over a timer and they are designed to be used in quick succession...placing a timer on such skills makes absolutely no logical sense.

Look at how these changes will domino...and then rework the rule-set to only target skills that are being used in a way not intended.

Such as placing timers only on Instant cast AOE DOTs.

This, will narrow the field down considerably on affected skills, reinforce current game intended design, allow timers and force lower casting of intensive computation skills, and reinforce single target gameplay.

You could also simply change ALL AOEs to deal damage to everyone (Allies and Enemies) while in PVP zones ...this would create "friendly fire" deaths that subtract AP at the same rate killing enemies adds AP. While there will of course be trolls who try to bomb their own campaign...the campaign lock system will help gate enemy campaign spy bombing..if someone does choose to be a spy they will be locked into that campaign for the entire 30/7 days and lose out on all AP as their ally bombing would negate AP gained making it a loss/loss for the player..and this would completely destroy the BALL Zerg meta, as now they will kill themselves as fast as anyone they are attacking. This would strongly reinforce single target gameplay over AOE gameplay.

Now this is the type of feedback that deserves attention. Very well laid out, and thought out. Not angry rambling by a streamer.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a good watch. He does tell it how it is. No filter. As it should be. I'm a follower