The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witches Grab Bags can be empty

RaddlemanNumber7
RaddlemanNumber7
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I used the 12 Event Tickets on my account to buy 6 Witches Grab Bags.

The first bag contained a skeletal marionette part. I already have the memento on my account, but the character I was using didn't have the Bare Bones Puppet achievement.

The next five grab bags were empty, I got nothing out of them. I now have 0 event tickets on my account.

This is not what I was expecting.

Edit: a few more details...

I already have on my account the apple bobbing momento and 4 spectre masks that now say they come out of the Grab bags.
The character that opened the Grab Bags has the full Hollow Jack motif, but I have a new character on my account that has no pages learnt from that motif.

Glad I didn't use crowns to buy those tickets.
Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on August 4, 2020 12:43PM
PC EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Presumably, if you had purchased and opened the grab bags on the new character that doesn't know the HJ motif, you would have gotten HJ pages. But, you opened them with a character who has everything already, except the Bare Bones Puppet achievement. It's interesting that you can still get those even with the memento if the character still needs the achievement.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it's important to know that spending tickets on grab bags can easily get you nothing.

I have participated in this event and have quite a few (not all) of the items, so it's nice to be warned not to waste tickets.

Thanks!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's the same issue, but I've had several containers delete themselves instead of opening over the last hour or so on PTS. Didn't notice at first, but after my infinite geode vanished I realized what had been going on.

If this is happening with all containers in the game, @ZOS is gonna need to patch it asap!
    Edited by Mr_Wolfe on August 5, 2020 7:38AM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the same issue, but I've had several containers delete themselves instead of opening over the last hour or so on PTS. Didn't notice at first, but after my infinite geode vanished I realized what had been going on.

If this is happening with all containers in the game, @ZOS is gonna need to patch it asap!

Wut? Wow that's some bug.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ooohhhhhhh.......

I have noticed an ongoing thing that seems to be slightly .. ."less rare" lately where I will click on an urn or something to loot it (most often on urns in dwemer lairs or in altmer/summerset places) and it will just for a moment display the dark "Urn" and then flip over to the paler "empty".

Wonder if it's related?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • giinoz2011rwb17_ESO

Not only that I've killed bosses 7 to 8 times and had only 1 or two plunder skulls drop.
    Most times only gold drops nothing else as would be normal.

Even had nothing from a boss other than it glow like it had a drop press "E" and NOTHING!!!!

Bloody witch *** and her deceiving bargain! lol.
    (No offence meant to DOGS, ZOS, any human living or dead, or other life forms except the deceitful non compliance with a bargain it's VOID.)

I've opened the gold and normal skulls a few times items that showed did not end up in inventory, or a few were missing.

Also a bug the Gruesome Snack the D Bloody Mara is wrong they changed the name but failed to fix it in the festival.

Guess it's a fail to the coder that changed the recipe name and failed to change or bother checking where else it might effect.

• giinoz2011rwb17_ESO
    Opps sorry this is the PTS that actually happened in live game. Sorry for posting in wrong area.

Not only that I've killed bosses 7 to 8 times and had only 1 or two plunder skulls drop.
    Most times only gold drops nothing else as would be normal.

Even had nothing from a boss other than it glow like it had a drop press "E" and NOTHING!!!!

Bloody witch *** and her deceiving bargain! lol.
    (No offence meant to DOGS, ZOS, any human living or dead, or other life forms except the deceitful non compliance with a bargain it's VOID.)

I've opened the gold and normal skulls a few times items that showed did not end up in inventory, or a few were missing.

Also a bug the Gruesome Snack the D Bloody Mara is wrong they changed the name but failed to fix it in the festival.

Guess it's a fail to the coder that changed the recipe name and failed to change or bother checking where else it might effect.