The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How about a monster set giving Major Crit and Major WD/SD buffs?

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently we have 5 piece armor sets having these buffs but rarely used. What if you move them in a monster set? like 1 piece providing Major Sorcery and Major Brutality and 2nd piece providing Major Savagery and Major Prophecy? Wouldnt this save alot of potions? If this seems too much, what about on a 2nd piece on different monster sets? Mighty Chudan is the same right?

To everyone saying No, aren't you getting all the buffs via potions? So why are you afraid of getting the same via a piece of armor? Its not like you are getting them for free, you are already sacrificing item slots for it. When these buffs are not attached to your rotation abilities, you use potions and empty both your item and ability slots for other useful abilities. Let others who want to sacrifice item slots, use them? This will surely help Solo PvE, PvP and Hybrid builds immensely.

Edited by techprince on August 6, 2020 7:47PM

How about a monster set giving Major Crit and Major WD/SD buffs? 84 votes

Yes
47%
ne.ga.kurai_ESOShadesofkinDarkstornewild_kmacdb16_ESOmanny254Tanis-Stormbinderrlukekuma82ArcVelarianoSemajzekeEliteNinjaMykFreakin_Hyttelucky_Sagenk125xWuuffyyIntegral1900LuckylancerShadowasrialtechprince 40 votes
No
52%
Skelfishlolo_01b16_ESOCoopersnowidkadilazimdegilxactoshWolfchild07Taleof2CitiesJohnOfMarkarthDarsagaYlikollikasDankstaKadoinSpiderKnightjeedrzejSshadowSscaleJierdanitJanTanhidejosiahvakarekiz 44 votes
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting the next monster set to do 20k damage when you CC someone with a cool down of 10 seconds.
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    No
    While it would be convenient, it would be way over power budget for a single monster set to have both bonuses. While it would be only "ok" for lower difficulty content like normal trials, normal dungeons, overland pve, it has the capability of being very strong for PVP where having both bonuses is harder to come by.

A more realistic scenario is having two separate monster sets with the 2 piece bonuses being a Major Crit or Major Weapon/Spell damage. That way it requires a person to also get the shoulder piece instead of just farming for the head and getting a Major type of buff.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I prefer if monster sets were less "heres some stats!" and more proc sets. because then new content will be balanced around best parses of the highest stat sets that involve immense min maxing and it just makes the game way too hard for average dps player and its just painful to pug.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah we need more proc sets my guy, I dont think there are enough. How can we have fun high skilled combat without them?
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Healing was nerfed and at the same time damage was buffed with mythics. Really tired of this nonsense. Not allowed to heal or tank apparently. Everyone should be allowed to 1vX with ridiculous damage I suppose.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Healing was nerfed and at the same time damage was buffed with mythics. Really tired of this nonsense. Not allowed to heal or tank apparently. Everyone should be allowed to 1vX with ridiculous damage I suppose.

I agree sick of this game trying to push healers and tanks out like is guildwars 2 or something.
    Edited by Ozby on August 5, 2020 6:44AM
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • JohnOfMarkarth
    JohnOfMarkarth
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Convenient but

I'd sooner accept a monster set with this written on it...

1pc: Gives Minor "I dont like High Elves" buff

2pc: Grants Major "Too Much Bees!" for 10 seconds.

Rather than that monstrosity suggested.
    I can't do this anymore. Every small ... petit change that went against any semblance of sense has snowballed into an avalanche of (Penn & Teller:) Bulls...!

Gods, bless me with patience.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    While it would be convenient, it would be way over power budget for a single monster set to have both bonuses.

Yep, If it would only provide Savagery / Prophecy I can see thay beeing ok-ish.

Something like this :

(1 item) Adds 833 Weapon Critical, Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (2 item) You gain Major Savagery and Major Prophecy at all times, increasing your Weapon Critical and Spell Critical rating by 2191.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    My beloved hybrid templar says YES PLEASE!! 🤩
    Edited by Integral1900 on August 5, 2020 7:37AM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your damage has been buffed, and their healing has been nerfed... that makes them much easier to kill, especially outnumbered.

So, what are you taking about?
    Edited by ThePedge on August 5, 2020 11:28AM
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    While it would be convenient, it would be way over power budget for a single monster set to have both bonuses.

Yep, If it would only provide Savagery / Prophecy I can see thay beeing ok-ish.

Something like this :

(1 item) Adds 833 Weapon Critical, Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (2 item) You gain Major Savagery and Major Prophecy at all times, increasing your Weapon Critical and Spell Critical rating by 2191.

Yep, Mighty Chudan basically functions as this, though its different with both Resistsnce buffs having an actual use for any spec while the suggested would largely benefit only one damage spec or hybrids. Having four buffs to one set is a no though (initially interpreted it as two buffs of each to two different monster sets) without some kiss curse factor involved, which I would rather they didnt bother with given their track record with them...

Still, I dont see the issue myself.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Considering you already have sets like Dreugh King Slaver and Rattlecage that provide those buffs at the cost of a 5-piece bonus...you are suggest a 2-piece set have as strong a buff as two 5 piece sets. I do agree we need more non-proc monster sets....but that would be an insane monster set that would probably be more OP than stranglers
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    techprince wrote: »
    Currently we have 5 piece armor sets having these buffs but rarely used. What if you move them in a monster set? like 1 piece providing Major Sorcery and Major Brutality and 2nd piece providing Major Savagery and Major Prophecy? Wouldnt this save alot of potions?

You miss the point here a bit.
    For PvE in High end content you will take potions anyways, so its not that useful there. For overland it could see some uses, but i would prefer them to fix the avaiability of the buffs. WD for example has no universal source thats not a Class skill or weapon skill line skill.
    For PvP on the other hand it could be realy strong as it would allow for more specialized builds without the need of taking care of this.
  • martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly feels like a good idea, the bonuses are easily accessible with potions, so running them would give you a net loss of damage, but it’s sort of a cheap man’s set in that case. Pretty good. I would suggest not giving any other bonuses with it though, and make it not give a 1piece bonus as wel. So run both monster set pieces and get both the major buffs on the 2piece bonus.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Xebov wrote: »
    Currently we have 5 piece armor sets having these buffs but rarely used. What if you move them in a monster set? like 1 piece providing Major Sorcery and Major Brutality and 2nd piece providing Major Savagery and Major Prophecy? Wouldnt this save alot of potions?

You miss the point here a bit.
    For PvE in High end content you will take potions anyways, so its not that useful there. For overland it could see some uses, but i would prefer them to fix the avaiability of the buffs. WD for example has no universal source thats not a Class skill or weapon skill line skill.
    For PvP on the other hand it could be realy strong as it would allow for more specialized builds without the need of taking care of this.

This has alot of use. Its quite clear that they dont want to give all these buffs to all the classes. Like templar or necromancer for example, doesn't have access to them via class abilities. If this wasnt enough, they moved Major Sorcery buff from the base ability Entropy to the morph Degeneration in the Mages guild skill line. They do whatever they feel like.
    Edited by techprince on August 6, 2020 7:34PM
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    josiahva wrote: »
    Considering you already have sets like Dreugh King Slaver and Rattlecage that provide those buffs at the cost of a 5-piece bonus...you are suggest a 2-piece set have as strong a buff as two 5 piece sets. I do agree we need more non-proc monster sets....but that would be an insane monster set that would probably be more OP than stranglers

Only few classes doesnt have access to these buffs. These are necessary buffs. Everyone should have access to it via Class skills but that isnt the case. 5 piece investment is huge for something which is readily available to others. Ths is class discrepancy. Honestly they should give something unique. Same like that armor set that applies Life Steal to the target... like nobody has to AOE life steal right? Why in the earth would anyone want to waste 5 pieces for this?
    Edited by techprince on August 6, 2020 7:38PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm saying yes, but not because I think it'll be great for dps characters, but rather because I wanna see everyone chase a dlc dungeon helm and then all the forum posts about the dlc dungeon being too hard for casual players to get a helm, and the golden vendor being expensive.

I like chaos.

@shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    For your edit;

If it bothered you that some people chose the option "No" why did you created a poll?
    You could just created this thread as a discussion.

Do you want to know people's opinion?
    Or do you seek affirmation of your own opinion?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I vote "yes" as a matter of principle (and because the precedent is already there with Mighty Chudan) but not until after we have both a FROST DAMAGE and a BLEED DAMAGE (and perhaps a dedicated Shock Damage) each monster set available in the game.

Those buffs are easy enough to come by that they shouldn't jump the queue when other classes and playstyles that currently have no viable monster sets have been waiting ages for theirs.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would like it anything free up a slot for Magdk without giving up tri pots
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.

Pretty much this.

Maybe a set that had a chance major
    josiahva wrote: »

Only few classes doesnt have access to these buffs. These are necessary buffs. Everyone should have access to it via Class skills but that isnt the case. 5 piece investment is huge for something which is readily available to others. Ths is class discrepancy. Honestly they should give something unique. Same like that armor set that applies Life Steal to the target... like nobody has to AOE life steal right? Why in the earth would anyone want to waste 5 pieces for this?

Actually, all classes have access to these buffs via different means.

Some of those means are noted in the OP. Even with the classes that have class skills that provide the buff, there are still often tradeoffs which is why most top PvE players prefer to get these buffs via the most universal manner, potions. From what I am reading here, the request is really requesting getting these buffs via an easier manner since it is being requested for a 2 pc bonus and balking at gaining even part of it from a 5pc bonus.

Considering no 5 pc bonus offers both major crit buffs and major WB/SD buffs I seriously doubt Zos will consider offering both as part of a mere 2 pc set.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would drop Balorgh for this. It would allow me to go back to DW instead of 2H and probably drop Camo Hunter.
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ankeor wrote: »
    For your edit;

If it bothered you that some people chose the option "No" why did you created a poll?
    You could just created this thread as a discussion.

Do you want to know people's opinion?
    Or do you seek affirmation of your own opinion?

Its called asking right questions.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    In a vaccuum.. Sure.

In reality, no. Too many buffs on 1 set means it won't be possible, even if they're somewhat redundant since some classes have very easy access to them while others don't, I'd say the 4 buffs are valued just as much as Resolve and Chudan only provides the 1.

Do I really want a paid DLC 6 years into the games life cycle to have 1/2 sets include the most common, basic, required buffs in the game.. Not really.

There is bigger fish to fry and we only get 4 of these monster sets a year. As others mentioned, where is the Ice dps sets, bleed sets, etc. Thats what we really need.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 8, 2020 12:36AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    No
    the amount of "we need more proc sets" in this thread is disgusting.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    There would be no way to balance it v. the 5 piece sets in a fair way.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it would be convenient, it would be way over power budget for a single monster set to have both bonuses. While it would be only "ok" for lower difficulty content like normal trials, normal dungeons, overland pve, it has the capability of being very strong for PVP where having both bonuses is harder to come by.

A more realistic scenario is having two separate monster sets with the 2 piece bonuses being a Major Crit or Major Weapon/Spell damage. That way it requires a person to also get the shoulder piece instead of just farming for the head and getting a Major type of buff.

I don't know where I stand on this...

You say it would be over power budget but these buffs are easily accessible enough and some ways to grant them are pretty strong already.

Take Camo hunter for instance. You get major savagery and a pretty easy to proc minor berserk for 5 secs (especially if you're a NB). Now if the detection part of the active skill actually worked now that skill would be absolutely god tier. As it is, the detection part is absolutely useless and absolutely doesn't work so it's just almost OP.

You can get major prophecy AND 7% extra max mag with slotting Inner Light. The same argument for detection applies here and minor berserk >>>>>> 7% max mag any day but still decent.

Stam have easy acces to brutality in PvP and that skill comes coupled with minor endurance and a phat heal by any standard. I'll admit that the magicka version is less beneficial but it's a decent dot with 20 seconds major sorcery per cast that can be back barred or will give 2% max mag when front bar. I honestly backbar it.

So yeah, yes you'd free diff skill slots if you did have that monster helm granting both major crit + wd/SD but you sometimes don't have the GCD to cast an extra skill during a fight anyways so yeah.

I'm definitely open to seeing your point of view on how it can be overpowered though.

• Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I voted yes, but only because I agree with the idea of putting some of the major buffs on a monster set. Maybe two at most.

ie:

1 piece: Adds 129 weapon and spell damage
    2 pieces: Provides the Major Brutality and Major Sorcery buffs at all times.

1 piece: Adds 833 weapon and spell crit
    2 pieces: Provides the Major Savagery and Major Prophecy buffs at all times.

I think one monster set providing all 4 buffs would be too much. But I always liked Mighty Chudan for providing a major buff at all times (Major Resolve) along with a bunch of health and armour, so I'd love to see other monster sets fill in some other buffs like this. More options are good.
    Edited by Darkstorne on August 8, 2020 2:02PM
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    I voted yes, but only because I agree with the idea of putting some of the major buffs on a monster set. Maybe two at most.

ie:

1 piece: Adds 129 weapon and spell damage
    2 pieces: Provides the Major Brutality and Major Sorcery buffs at all times.

1 piece: Adds 833 weapon and spell crit
    2 pieces: Provides the Major Savagery and Major Prophecy buffs at all times.

I think one monster set providing all 4 buffs would be too much. But I always liked Mighty Chudan for providing a major buff at all times (Major Resolve) along with a bunch of health and armour, so I'd love to see other monster sets fill in some other buffs like this. More options are good.

I think 100% uptime sets are boring. A set can give all these buffs with a proc and a down time. But what you suggest may be better for PvE.