The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

can "Magicka Flood" be hybrid?

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
can it please either give both 8% max magicka and stamina or give whichever one is higher? Stamblade is quite a bit behind magblade and next patch it will probably only get worse. while both of them are getting buffed Merciless resolve does more damage and heals more for magicka, NB also has an access to better sustain from siphoning tree and a ranged execute and other option for a spammable such as swallow soul.

the different in the assassination tree is that stamblade has advantage of minor savagery, which isn't a big deal in groups magblade will be getting the magicka version of that from a magsorc in the group. meanwhile magblade has advantage with higher damage/heal from merciless resolve.

from the siphoning tree, stamblade gets almost nothing, magblade gets an option of a spammable and 8% max magicka which translates to probably like ~4% more damage overall.

from the shadow tree Magblade has access to one of the highest DoTs in the game in twisting path, stamblade from this tree doesn't have much, surprise attack is not as good as a weapon spammable. magblade also has access to shade which scales better with spell penetration even tho it works for both magblade and stamblade

if magblade gonna have superiority in the siphoning tree can stamblade have superiority in the assassination tree? gib us more damage on Relentless Focus or a DoT attached to it or something

stamblade is just harder and poor compared to magblade.
Edited by Playboy_Shrek on August 5, 2020 4:31PM
  • Merciful17
    Merciful17
    ✭✭✭
    can it please either give both 8% max magicka and stamina or give whichever one is higher? Stamblade is quite a bit behind magblade and next patch it will probably only get worse. while both of them are getting buffed Merciless resolve does more damage and heals more for magicka, NB also has an access to better sustain from siphoning tree and a ranged execute and other option for a spammable such as swallow soul.

the different in the assassination tree is that stamblade has advantage of minor savagery, which isn't a big deal in groups magblade will be getting the magicka version of that from a magsorc in the group. meanwhile magblade has advantage with higher damage/heal from merciless resolve.

from the siphoning tree, stamblade gets almost nothing, magblade gets an option of a spammable and 8% max magicka which translates to probably like ~4% more damage overall.

from the shadow tree Magblade has access to one of the highest DoTs in the game in twisting path, stamblade from this tree doesn't have much, surprise attack is not as good as a weapon spammable. magblade also has access to shade which scales better with spell penetration even tho it works for both magblade and stamblade

if magblade gonna have superiority in the siphoning tree can stamblade have superiority in the assassination tree? gib us more damage on Relentless Focus or a DoT attached to it or something

stamblade is just harder and poor compared to magblade.

Uhh have you ever tried PvP?
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Merciful17 wrote: »

why is that relevant to the discussion. I don't play pvp.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's relevant because most people consider magblades to be significantly weaker than stamblades in PvP.

In general, most classes have passives that benefit Stam more than mag, or vice versa, and giving Magicka Flood 8% of both Mag and Stam would easily make it the most powerful passive in the entire game.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on August 5, 2020 6:04PM
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

It's relevant because most people consider magblades to be significantly weaker than stamblades in PvP.

In general, most classes have passives that benefit Stam more than mag, or vice versa, and giving Magicka Flood 8% of both Mag and Stam would easily make it the most powerful passive in the entire game.

i mean okay just make it give which is higher then. stamblade quite frank from my experience sucks in PVE. for the reasons I stated. its far worse than magblade in every way. sustain, damage, you name it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Playboy_Shrek, player ideas should really be posted in Combat & Character Mechanics forums.

There are no Magicka Flood changes for this PTS patch proposed by ZOS.

My comments are not a judgment on your idea ... it's just in the wrong venue and won't get as much positive discussion because of that.
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Stamblade in pve needs no buff. It's one of the stronger stam specs. 90k+ on the atro And I hate to break it to you but increasing max resources is one of the weakest ways to try to increase dps. Crit chance, crit damage and weapon damage modifiers all scale better in raid.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit chance, crit damage and weapon damage modifiers all scale better in raid.

And conveniently, stamblades get all three of those from passives in the Assassination tree.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on August 5, 2020 7:08PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to stop and go outside when I read stamblade is quite a bit behind magblade.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    I had to stop and go outside when I read stamblade is quite a bit behind magblade.

in PVE, very much so, most people do not play pvp.
  • Merciful17
    Merciful17
    ✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »

in PVE, very much so, most people do not play pvp.

Stamblade really doesn't need any more buffs, Especially since there are classes that are weak in both PvP and PvE (magcro, for instance). Stamblade is one of the strongest classes in PvP and they work well in PvE too. If ZOS buffs stamblades even more then that's all you'll see in PvP, and there's already a lot of stamblades in PvP.