The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG] Update 27 - Witches Festival - Event ticket Witches Bag disappears on use w/o reward

NoTimeToWait
NoTimeToWait
✭✭✭✭✭
If you buy multiple Witches Grab Bags from the Impressario, some of them will disappear on use without rewarding you anything.

It seems, there is a mechanic to prevent user from receiving the reward from the bag he already owns. So, I assume, if you bought two bags with two similar rewards, the second one would be nullified after you received the reward and the bag would just disappear on use.

P.S. Couldn't find a dedicated topic on Witches Festival bugs, so I am not sure whether I should create this topic or a bug ticket.
Edited by NoTimeToWait on August 4, 2020 6:38PM
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I wasn't able to get any Hollowjack motif pages. I assume, if at least one of your characters has fully completed Hollowjack motif, you won't receive any. Which might be problematic, if you still have to learn motif on different characters to be able to craft items with this style
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on August 4, 2020 6:41PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, I wasn't able to get any Hollowjack motif pages. I assume, if at least one of your characters has fully completed Hollowjack motif, you won't receive any. Which might be problematic, if you still have to learn motif on different characters to be able to craft items with this style

Have you tried using an alt that doesn't know the HJ motif? Since the bags won't drop what you already have in your collections or know on your character, I would assume you wouldn't see them unless buying/opening them on a character who doesn't know the motif.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Have you tried using an alt that doesn't know the HJ motif? Since the bags won't drop what you already have in your collections or know on your character, I would assume you wouldn't see them unless buying/opening them on a character who doesn't know the motif.

Yeah, you are right. Hollowjack pages do drop. I made a mistake when I tested this on multiple characters, those other characters actually knew Hollowjack motif too and I thought they didn't
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on August 5, 2020 1:49AM
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also getting this bug opening the unlimited transmutation geode. It disappears in my inventory after trying to open it a second time.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also found the grab bags to be very buggy. I opened 18 of them; 3 batches of 6. Pretty certain I was on my crafter who knows all the Hollowjack, in case that makes a difference, but the results were:

5 skeletal marionette parts, 1 empty
    3 skeletal marionette parts, 3 empty
    3 skeletal marionette parts, 3 Impresario group repair kits

They shouldn't even have Impresario group repair kits in them! They're supposed to contain items that were
    1. Discontinued, and
    2. from previous Witches Festivals.

Impresario Group Repair kits count as neither, obviously. They are available for 2 event tickets, the same cost as a grab bag.
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!