The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Great Work Zenimax Keep It Up!

ItsNotLiving
ItsNotLiving
✭✭✭✭
I was understanding when the test was simply about AoEs, I mean sure cross healing and damaging 24 people with all different champion points would make the game lag a bit. But here’s my issue WHY IN THE WORLD IS HARDENED WARD ON A COOLDOWN is it because of the pets that no one wants to use but you forced us to use? I suddenly feel bad for the Templars in this game sheesh. This is stupid because you gutted shields and capped them so now they can be broken with 1 gcd on most stam buildsand I’ll have 2 seconds of being naked which is more than enough time for a Stamcro to kill you. Good job ZoS you really are doing great work.
  • Merciful17
    Merciful17
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because magsorcs Hardend ward also applied the shield to their summons. Im not sure about the morphs on that shield but if you need another one you should try dampen magicka or harness magicka. They shouldn't have a cooldown
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is just stupid. It's not like sorcs got a choice like Breath of Life vs Honor the Dead.

Cooldowns on Shields are a bad idea ... we have been through this under Eric Wrobel!
    Nobody thought it was a good idea back then. And it is still a bad idea today!
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember these are not balance decisions, just performance ones. They want to test all how much performance changes when all abilities that have instant AoE checks in their coding are cooldown / sustain locked. After judging the performance, hopefully they will look at how some or all these changes can be balanced to not affect the class power levels.

So no one is looking at Hardened Ward as needing a nerf, simply that in its cast it does tax the sever with an AoE check. And you can still stack Hardened with Dampen without issue, it's not like you're being completely locked out like Templar.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While some of the abilities that are affected by AOE tests are odd I am okay with it for now just because they are just testing and it does not mean any of these will ever be implemented permanently.

Does anyone know if this is the last week of PTS? They usually only have 4 weeks but if I am not mistaken Stonethorn hits live on Aug 24th and this is week 4 of PTS.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing great for their work. First you compare pve sets like Perfect False to 4 year old craglorn set that you can get on normal with loot boxes.

Than you nerf crafted set like new moon to ground and same time you blame game performance on issue that people can spam skills. LOL, that set has increased cost on all ablities.

What are you doing? Give some reasonable explanation to this nonsense?

Now your "cyrodill aoe" test include SHIELDS... just lol.

Do you play your own game? Apparently not.

All these show that the game is turning into ESO housing simulator so why bother with anything else.

Are these changes visioned by "mr excel" who makes wrobel look like genius.

"Great work" indeedd and yes 1000% irony to that comments.

Btw your game runs like powerpoint slideshow with too big pictures on it. Just in case you have not noticed.

Oh.. been at this game 5 years and have to say appaling what the game is turning into.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    ffs people...

This is a data gathering test. It's FAR too early to be freaking out like this.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If hardening ward needs an aoe check then some developer f*ed up very badly the coding.

A sorc have a limited number of pets each are belongs directly to them all the times and should not need any area calculation to know where they are exactly at any given moment. It's not like random mob or characters getting close or going away from the sorc and randomly getting inside or outside of some area effect, pets are always around the sorc within distance, and putting a shield on them when it goes up on the sorc should not require any aoe mehcanics. As I said in the beginning if this coding somehow involves aoe checks then someone should be fired as fully incompetent developer (and as incompetent game designer as well, since they clearly have no clue how it should work)

Edit: all of the 3 shield Empowered Ward has a aoe side effect which can be subject of aoe test the other 2 versions are free of any aoe effect. But much more reasonable just dropping that minor side effect from that morph...
    Edited by vgabor on August 3, 2020 5:43PM
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    e8vb5v2owjk2.jpeg
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously... I just looked at the patch notes and whoever made that list about skills added to the test has absolutely no clue how some of them work.

The warden skills Lotus Flower / Green Lotus / Lotus Blossom have an aoe check as they cause that your light and heavy attack restore health to you or nearby allies, which happening not at casting time but during the 20 second buff lifetime on every light/heavy attack. Restricting cast times on a 20 second buff with continuous aoe checks during buff time will have absolutely no effect on the performance whatsoever, it will be 20 aoe check in each way (assuming 1 light attack in each seconds) with the ability recasted in 20 seconds, regardless of with or without the restriction...

Have someone just made a search all for the phrases 'to you or nearby allies' without actually understanding anything about how these abilities actually work???
    Edited by vgabor on August 3, 2020 6:06PM