Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

*updated* Compilation of damage dealing proc sets [6.1.2]

Gallen94
Gallen94
Soul Shriven
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGmMU3l2B4HDRF3ypB14hkDf51Q92vQPfiBU6nTT1H0/edit?usp=sharing
Using @Somewhere 's sheet and adding in pvp sets and some missed monster sets. Updated for the most recent pts notes.
Credit goes to Somewhere this is just updating the list and reviving the thread.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noob Bible - NIV
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gallen94 wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGmMU3l2B4HDRF3ypB14hkDf51Q92vQPfiBU6nTT1H0/edit?usp=sharing
    Using @Somewhere 's sheet and adding in pvp sets and some missed monster sets. Updated for the most recent pts notes.
    Credit goes to Somewhere this is just updating the list and reviving the thread.

Wait. I always assumed cooldowns started from the end of the effect, but that sheet assumes they start from the beginning?

Do they? If so, proc sets are stronger than I realized.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wait. I always assumed cooldowns started from the end of the effect, but that sheet assumes they start from the beginning?

Yes cooldowns start from the moment an effect starts. That's why when something lasts 10 secs and has a cooldown of 10 secs, people say it procs on cooldown. It essentially means it doesn't have a cooldown at all. These are mostly per target too...

This is why many don't like proc sets and say they are better than skills, because they are. Twice as good in a lot of cases.

I think proc sets are a good way to close the gap, but shouldn't out perform any other alternative.

After reading the most recent post on performance by @ZOS_RichLambert. Part of me thinks it may be a way to dictate the meta away from skill spamming. The benefit being that procs have cooldowns and the number of calculations as a result are controlled by what is optimal to run. Also with the amount of easy damage in the next patch everyone will die faster, taking more out of the fight.
  • Ylikollikas
    Ylikollikas
    ✭✭✭
    From my own testing Morkuldin hits on average every two seconds. I get 7-8 hits on stationary target over the duration, however the cooldown between attacks is inconsistent.
  • Gallen94
    Gallen94
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah Morkuldin is really not super consistent. But it probably would help the floor a lot to run it.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should add in heavy attack sets here that are procs. Like seargents and knights slayer. They are a burst damage proc on heavy attacks, some of the few in demand burst proc sets still in the game that weren’t moved into dot damage
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • dewpiece
    dewpiece
    Soul Shriven
    Great work thx. I think u overlooked that mad tinkerer doesnt have a proc chance anymore.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes cooldowns start from the moment an effect starts. That's why when something lasts 10 secs and has a cooldown of 10 secs, people say it procs on cooldown. It essentially means it doesn't have a cooldown at all. These are mostly per target too...

Ack. Stupid of me. I've always had the correct belief about some sets, so I don't know why I was so wrong about others. :(
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am so non meta using Baharas in pvp lol omg its bad but it feels nercomancery ugh wish it was comparable to others.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update further?