Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

clearing obsolete data

Ekoe1954
Ekoe1954
✭✭✭
The tool tip, when highlighting for example a weapon stored in my bank, gives me detailed info on what characters can research this item. Unfortunatley it's is a long list containing characters deleted ages ago.
I have tried deleted all my add ons associated with character info such as Mobile Bank extended, AI research grid, Research assistant. It didn't help. I cannot get rid of this useless info.
Anyone know what I can do to eliminated old character info for long departed characters?
Edited by Ekoe1954 on April 22, 2017 4:34PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No idea why info would still be there unless some files from the addon(s) were still playing peekaboo in your ESO files. If you use an addon manager then it should take care of adding and removing them I believe; but either way, I'd suggest looking around in your files, starting in your Documents, and see if there is anything that you missed.

If all else fails, I did find one person who said that when having issues such as this, deleting the ESO folder in your Documents (not your main eso game files of course) could help. After deleting it, the game should re-download "fresh" ones in the launcher.

*Warning: I am not a certified professional; following my directions may lead to confusion, loss of files, and even death. If you or a loved one experience any of these issues, please call the Stovah hotline for guidance*
    Edited by Stovahkiin on April 27, 2017 5:28AM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that deleting the .lua file helps. It is in SavedVariables folder. From there, remove the "AIResearchGrid.lua" - either by deleting completely OR moving it somewhere else - and start the game.

And yes, I know this can be considered necro-posting, but by now we have necromancers <3
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is nearly three years old the discussion is being closed. If the suggestions posted by other players do not help, you can start a new thread on this issue if none currently exist.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.