The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can we please get a NB tank mitigation buff somewhere

Playboy_Shrek
Playboy_Shrek
✭✭✭
so that its not trash next patch? like this isn't great honestly I have only one character I play on and its NB tank. can you please give us damage mitigation in the shadow tree?. I think a great suggestion the other day from someone here was to move Blur to the shadow tree (which would make sense) and put veiled strike in the assassination tree. and maybe add the 10% damage mitigation to it and increase duration slightly. or add it somewhere in the passives or just something else all together as long as it can be on both bars.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :looks at minor protection on heal skill:

:Lolz:
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I prefer the idea of taking Minor Maim off of Shade and putting it on Mass Hysteria, then adding 10% mitigation to Shade — but as far as Veiled Strike, (VS) I think it should remain in the Shadow tree for the reason below.

Due to the way other skills in the NB toolkit are treated, I'm fairly certain that VS was placed there in the first place specifically so NBs are rewarded with mitigation for being aggressive. For light & medium armor wearers, Shadow Barrier can be difficult to keep up sometimes— moving VS would make it even more difficult.

Don't get me wrong, when I first looked at the skill trees moving VS to Assassination and Blur to Shadow was one of the first things that popped into my head — but after thinking about it I realized that it would be a huge nerf for anyone using Concealed Weapon/Surprise Attack as their spammable.

Based on what I've learned about how NB skills used to work, it seems like the previous combat team had a very interesting and unique vision for the way they wanted NB skills to interrelate with each other. I think a big part of the reason NB is in such a bad place right now is because the current combat team didn't bother to take the time to understand why the NB toolkit was put together the way that it was, which is unfortunate.
    Edited by Langeston on July 31, 2020 5:25AM
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the need to be aggressive to keep buffs up. I always thought this was part of the class identity with many of the class buffs needing a target to keep them up (old expedition on crippling grasp, major brutality/sorcery on sap, defensive buffs using concealed weapon, shade needing a target until this patch).
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    I think concealed weapon should straight up be in the first tree. and that the Mark Target skill should be entirely removed. or replaced because its one of the worst skills in the game. theres no spammable in the main tree. and that sucks because its the only damage tree for stamina,

imo, make power extraction give everyone in the radius the buffs so its a bit like DK. and then give nightblade maybe not as much damage mitigation. but like 8% damage mitigation somewhere.

ok heres an idea. make the minor protection give it for 20 seconds duration. but, for the duration of the cloak. that is doubled to 16% .
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think concealed weapon should straight up be in the first tree. and that the Mark Target skill should be entirely removed. or replaced because its one of the worst skills in the game. theres no spammable in the main tree. and that sucks because its the only damage tree for stamina,

imo, make power extraction give everyone in the radius the buffs so its a bit like DK. and then give nightblade maybe not as much damage mitigation. but like 8% damage mitigation somewhere.

ok heres an idea. make the minor protection give it for 20 seconds duration. but, for the duration of the cloak. that is doubled to 16% .

Why does it matter to you if there's no stamina spammable in the Assassination tree? There's no mag spammable there either but that's a good thing because if Swallow Swallow was there instead of the Siphoning tree we'd lose 8% magicka, ultimate regen, and 3% healing while only gaining 2% crit rate in return — which is the only benefit you'd get from moving Surprise Attack to the Assassination tree. Is 2% crit worth losing Major Resolve and 3% health? Personally I think that's a terrible trade-off.
    Edited by Langeston on July 31, 2020 7:29PM
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Why does it matter to you if there's no stamina spammable in the Assassination tree? There's no mag spammable there either but that's a good thing because if Swallow Swallow was there instead of the Siphoning tree we'd lose 8% magicka, ultimate regen, and 3% healing while only gaining 2% crit rate in return — which is the only benefit you'd get from moving Surprise Attack to the Assassination tree. Is 2% crit worth losing Major Resolve and 3% health? Personally I think that's a terrible trade-off.

yes but magblade has swallow soul. stamblade has nothing. tbf surprise attack is not a good spammble due to being in the shadow tree. zero usefulness.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes but magblade has swallow soul. stamblade has nothing. tbf surprise attack is not a good spammble due to being in the shadow tree. zero usefulness.

I think Langston's point is that Surprise Attack currently provides significantly more passive benefits being in the Shadow tree than it would if it were in the Assasination tree.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 31, 2020 8:10PM
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

And if it was in the Assassination tree, it still wouldn't become better just for 2% crit. Not with those defensive bonuses, I surely wouldn't want that switch made. And if you opt for another spammable outside of Surprise Attack, then you no longer have even those defensive passives on demand.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

I think Langston's point is that Surprise Attack currently provides significantly more passive benefits being in the Shadow tree than it would in the Assasination tree.

to be frank unless your playing solo that doesn't matter. nobody cares about defensive skills in trials/dungeons or group play. your healers/tanks job is to keep you alive. as long as you meet the bare minimum requirement to survive and do damage thats all that matters

otherwise people wouldn't be running 100% dps greed sets
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this thread about tank buffs? Why would a tank want to trade major resolve and max health for crit chance?
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this thread about tank buffs? Why would a tank want to trade major resolve and max health for crit chance?
    i dont really know what u mean. this is about moving a skill thats bad on tanks from the tank tree to the dps side. and possible getting a skill like Blur that makes sense for tanks on the shadow tree.

but anyway i forgot what are we arguing about. nvm
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Langston's point is that Surprise Attack currently provides significantly more passive benefits being in the Shadow tree than it would in the Assasination tree.

to be frank unless your playing solo that doesn't matter. nobody cares about defensive skills in trials/dungeons or group play. your healers/tanks job is to keep you alive. as long as you meet the bare minimum requirement to survive and do damage thats all that matters

otherwise people wouldn't be running 100% dps greed sets

You: "can we please get a NB tank mitigation buff somewhere ... concealed weapon should straight up be in the first tree."

Me: "I agree with the first part, but you'll lose tankiness if you put SA in the Assassination tree."

You: "nobody cares about defensive skills in trials/dungeons or group play"

Me: I'm just gonna see myself out.
    ElatedHilariousAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

PS: PVP players care about losing Major Resolve.
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭

nobody cares about pvp besides a few dozen people on this forum. its unplayable because the lag on pvp is atrocious and so is hit detection
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody cares about pvp besides a few dozen people on this forum. its unplayable because the lag on pvp is atrocious and so is hit detection
    Nobody cares about PVE besides a few dozen people on this forum. It's boring AF because you fight the exact same fights over and over.

See, I can make completely unfounded & false claims too.

The funny thing about this thread is that I'm a magblade main (formerly stamblade) and I really want to see NB get buffed — so we're on the same team. The only difference is that I've actually put thought into what would make sense and would be beneficial for everyone that plays the class, not just me. Otherwise, I'd be asking to have Swallow Soul put into the Shadow tree.