The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS 3 sec CD Magnecro...

Revokus
Revokus
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/gLVL2FkV5fQ

WOW ! Good luck to all Magnecro in Cyrodiil lmao.
Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks fun, just like old classic MMOs with cool downs on skills so refreshing!

/s
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    I mean if the other classes end up having the same skill cd won't it balance out in some retrospec.. if not then bad things are going to happen.
    But as someone stated in another thread "It's not a change, but a data gathering exercise"....yet that could change.
    Edited by Wolf81 on July 29, 2020 8:02AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf81 wrote: »
    I mean if the other classes end up having the same skill cd won't it balance out in some retrospec.. if not then bad things are going to happen.
    But as someone stated in another thread "It's not a change, but a data gathering exercise"....yet that could change.

If this is data gathering test, then why test many options of the same? They want to test the best way of implementing this stuff into the game.

...and about all other classes. It's typical knee jerk ZOS, their standards taken out of context. On paper it looks fair, in reallity there are builds and classes that are hurt more than others.

I am magblade main and as far I am in a pretty good spot (but not as good as stamblades which can use 100% of single target skills including healing - resolving vigor, rally) templars and necros are pretty screwed by those changes - this is not the way performance issues should be solved.

As a someone who will not be affected by those changes much, or even I can consider it as a buff (less AoE spam, easier to cloak) I stand against such changes, sometimes we need to unite no matter the class we play

Edit:Typos
    Edited by Mayrael on July 29, 2020 8:28AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf81 wrote: »

Actually, the end result is that it will make my templar healer with 11k hps minimum invincible since I also have enough stam to block and roll, vs. a ball group. Looking forward to double AP and dropping a 30k meteors, even with CD it won't matter if you get one-shot ...
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oh boo hoo, you can't use an aoe

on the pts with this test setup the cooldowns effect the templars spamable....along with about...80% of their skills.

meaning templars in pvp are basically dead if this goes through to live.
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes this game needs more effective/better single target rather just aoe spam.

Put CD on everything. If you want to spam, then you now need multiple spammables rather a single-weave-spammable and loading dots on your target.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Looks fun, just like old classic MMOs with cool downs on skills so refreshing!

/s

Seeing those icons do the cooldown takes me back to old games for sure!
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mayrael I wish other NB mains could stop being less blind and stop celebrating these tests. As a stamblade main, this does not affect any traditional class build I use. But it ruins PvP for pretty much everyone else and removes the very thing that kept me invested in the game.

Also the implications of these tests scare me for the future of the game. Should the tests be considered a success, either the game will have restricted combat for every class or every class will get turned into single-target classes robbing NB of its niche. The initial possibility of seeing the active combat ruined for whatever class will see me finally drop the game for good.
    Edited by susmitds on July 29, 2020 4:18PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    @Mayrael I wish other NB mains could stop being less blind and stop celebrating these tests. As a stamblade main, this does not affect any traditional class build I use. But it ruins PvP for pretty much everyone else and removes the very thing that kept me invested in the game.

Also the implications of these tests scare me for the future of the game. Should the tests be considered a success, either the game will have restricted combat for every class
    or every class will get turned into single-target classes robbing NB of its niche. The initial possibility of seeing the active combat ruined for whatever class will see me finally drop the game for good.

Exactly, freedom of building and freedom of fighting is what we all fell in love with ESO. Now both aspects are endangered... And without people, players, who play this game, there won't be so much fun, that's why we all need to stand against such changes, no matter what play style we represent.

If this is only test, fine! But if they plan to introduce on live one of tested methods, it will kill community, and judging by the way they prepared those tests I'm afraid they have in mind implementation of one of those methods.

@ZOS_GinaBruno It would really help to calm us all if we could get some information about this situation, is there a plan on AoEs changes already? Is ZOS planning to introduce cool downs? Is this only a test and nothing will change from endpoint user perspective?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    oh boo hoo, you can't use an aoe

on the pts with this test setup the cooldowns effect the templars spamable....along with about...80% of their skills.

meaning templars in pvp are basically dead if this goes through to live.

I feel for you templars as well. Both classes are in the same boat almost all of their skills are AOE.

Same thing with the burst heal Resistant Flesh/Honor The Dead will be on CD just like templar.
    We have Ricochet Skull single target and you guys have Dark Flare but with a cast time. Dark Flare might even be considered AOE since the debuff is AOE but damage is single target I have not tested.

Everything else is AOE in the magicka necromancer class kit. Non-Class Dots and proc sets meta I guess ? At least templar has Sun Fire lol Necro has no single target Dot even tough we have a passive increasing Dots by 15 % :D

Magblade/Magsorc/MagDK will have less trouble with those changes while being on the offensive.
    Edited by Revokus on July 29, 2020 5:40PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Is it that bad on magcro from the list I seen of skills affected looks like u could work around them but eitherway it sucks for this possible change
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole cool-down "solution" sucks. I have tried to play Werewolf on PTS...

Brutal Pounce... and 3 second cooldown.... ok, now Deafening Roar... oh no, 3 second wait time again... ok, now.. Claws of Anguish !... and 3 second cool-down... :/:'(

Pulling this combo on live server works great... on PTS ? It is impossible to do... (not to mention you lose WW timer).

Tbh. If Ball groups are causing this problem, I would rather see ZOS reducing groups size in Cyro to 8 or even 4 or maybe even disable grouping in Cyro at all, instead of forcing this terrible cool-down idea into every part of the game (yes, it will 100% in pve too).
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are magcros in Cyrodiil?
  • TPishek
    TPishek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow this will be terrible for the like 3 days they do a test
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    They are not testing to see if adding cooldowns will balance the combat, they are adding the cooldowns to see if AOE's are the cause of the lag, this isn't a balance patch. Yes, if it turns out aoe is the problem they may change stuff, we will have to see.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    drakthir wrote: »
    They are not testing to see if adding cooldowns will balance the combat, they are adding the cooldowns to see if AOE's are the cause of the lag, this isn't a balance patch. Yes, if it turns out aoe is the problem they may change stuff, we will have to see.

We all can tell you already that performance will be better, and that's why we all are concerned, how ZOS plans to use this knowledge. Usually it would be something like adjusting some skills that are biggest offenders, upgrading hardware, improving calculations algorithms etc. etc. but with ZOS? Most probably it will be carpet bombing destroying most AoE skills and in the process some classes - ADD COOL DOWNS, BRILLIANT!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really are hitting a lot of classes with this, it isn't just Templar or Just Necro. From the info I've found and my own testing here are the current totals on effected skills for each class. (percent of non-ultimate skills in parenthesize after)

Templar -28/54 (62%)
    Necro -27/54 (60%)
    Warden- 25/54 (55%)
    Dragonnight- 19/54 (42%)
    Sorcerer- 15/54 (33%)
    Nightblade- 12/54 (26%)

Every single class would have at least 25% of their skills changed, That's pretty much unheard of in this game, especially with the balance issues they've had just tweaking one or two skills at a time. It's not that I don't think we need some changes, or that I'm against testing, it's that I don't trust ZOS to not break the game while making these changes (and RIP healers)

The above data comes from this document that that compiles the testing from a bunch of different people, it's open for edits if anyone notices any issues or something that needs updated. It currently has all class skills and morphs, as well as weapon skills, guild skills will be added soon.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iatvMmeYa1Q174xBPE3apkJqRGCa65Wq8zE_7YrlDpE/edit?usp=sharing
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We cannot be *** to invest into the game so we are just gonna nerf and nerf and nerf again and again ang again.

Say all you want about wow, but at least they don't limit players aoes because they just cannot be *** to actually invest into the game.

if this also applies to pve, then i'm just done, for real this time. I just do not see the game getting better if they make changes like this.
    Edited by JinMori on July 30, 2020 10:12PM
  • Grymmoire
    Grymmoire
    ✭✭✭✭
    drakthir wrote: »

Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought quite awhile ago Aoe's had an unrestricted amount of players that could be affected; the Aoe's were reduced in area or amount of players affected, but due to player outcry, that was switched back to unrestricted again moderated of course by the radius\cone etc. of the Aoe.

If I am correct, and the present state of Aoe's is unrestricted, would it not have made more sense to first start with a test of reducing the area and amount of players affected by Aoe's and evaluate any reduction in lag?

Ball groups also need examination as to their role in contributing to lag along with certain skills that introduce dyscnc into play, which Zos has not stated they even have a solution or acknowledge contribute to lag and poor performance in PvP.

It seems to me, if any cool-downs are implemented in the future, the only fair way would be an implementation across all classes of a global cool down like 1-2 secs, on all skills that would surely reduce game-play speed and reduce lag. An unpopular proposal, I am aware before the flames start, but ask yourselves which would you prefer, the above or a possible 3 sec cool down with a massive rework of certain classes and many skills if it comes to this?

Edited by Grymmoire on July 31, 2020 1:51AM