Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

[Request] Housing 'kits' and furniture 'paints/stains"

Chuck_Finley
Chuck_Finley
✭✭✭
I was thinking about all the trouble ESO says they have with performance when too many items are placed in an area and thus the need for hard and fast furniture slot limits. But what if there were available "kits" for things people want?

Request 1: Furniture Kits

Imagine you are building your own custom built pirate ship, you could easily end up using 200-300 individual items to make a good looking custom pirate ship. That takes a huge chunk out of your available limit for decorating the rest of your home. But what if ESO released a Sail Ship Kit, the existing models we already see ingame, just in say 20-30 individual chunks.

Now you, as a home builder, have hundreds of extra slots to play with since your ship is made up of significantly fewer pieces and broken up into pieces still allows your ship to look unique to your home if lets say you want to just use parts of it and end up with an air ship, or a ship run aground, or even a whole shipyard in the middle of constructing a new fleet.

44vcrie3clhz.jpg

Or lets say you want a field of flowers, you could use 150-300 flowers to create your field but if there was a "enchanted forest kit" again, 20-30 chunks.

Just an idea, I know wont work for everything.

Request 2: Furniture Paints/Stains.

The same way the outfit system lets you customize your characters look, what if we could change the paint job on certain home furnishings? What if you really like the Alinor Pergola, Blue Wisteria Peaked, but wish it was painted a different color to match the rest of your house?

1feghmy7dfac.jpg
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are many times I would want groups of flowers instead of buying each individually, but I don’t think you would be able to control the spacing of individual items within the group, that would be the only drawback.

For the furniture painting and dyeing, are you suggesting that feature be added to outfit stations or some other way?

I like the ideas and hope this starts some more discussion about improvements.

EDIT: clarification
    EDIT2: Actually, it would be optimal to be able to include the paint/dye function into the housing editor somehow
    Edited by katanagirl1 on July 30, 2020 5:52AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love both of these ideas so much. They are getting better with having items come in bigger chunks (like filled bookshelves, plates with food on them, some plant/flower clumps) but it would be fantastic to have even more.

As for dying items, omg yes please! I'd love to be able to paint walls instead of using carpets as wall paper, or to change the color of blankets on beds, I wouldn't even mind if it was a limited feature, but it would be a huge QoL improvement.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. I wish there were more "cluster" options. Clusters of flowers, trees, bushes, etc.

Also with they had furniture arrangements too. Like a single table and two chairs, but as one unit, instead of 3. They could provide various "scenes" like some barrels and crates in a group, or a desk with chair and writing supplies.

Either that, or lets just raise the item limit please :astonished:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people have requested this kind of thing before.

Things have got better, in terms of more things coming in groups.

Filled wineracks, meals, bowls of onions etc.

I agree that the more the better, though.

The downside, as someone pointed out, is that you then don't get to arrange things exactly how you would like, but on the whole that is hugely outweighed by the convenience and slot saving advantages.

Especially if the items are also available separately, so you can still do it all by hand, if preferred.

Which some have been and some haven't been, so far.