The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What causes all the crashes in Cyrodiil?

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
Everybody crashes all the time since the game was patched - so there's that.

But are there certain conditions that cause it?

For me, it's usually when I try to transit or when my death recap appears.

Furthermore, in the hours I have played since the patch, I crash everytime I try to transit away from Roebeck.

What are your experiences?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Baphomet on February 26, 2020 11:57AM
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be helpful to note what server you are on and if you have any out of date addons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA
    The new crash: on transit
    The same old crashes: when approaching heavily contested keeps, in the middle of large battles over keeps,
    The return of an old crash: when dead, rezzing up at a keep, still dead

The only real difference is that I used to crash to login and right now ESO is going full CTD.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please get off out of date addon's. Folks are crashing with no addon's at all. The problem is and alwasy has been on ZOS' end. A buggy game with poor game performance.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The developpers worked on memory management. We can easily suppose that the problem might come from a part of the changed code.

- Fixed a common crash that would occur in Cyrodiil.
    - Improved memory management in the physics system, which leads to a lower likelihood of memory-related crashes

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513128/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-3-4-harrowstorm-update-25#latest
    Edited by Xarc on February 26, 2020 4:53PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing you could try is lower you graphic settings.

Years ago I had the same problem crashing near transit area's. It appeared that every time I was near flames and the particles for some reason made my game crash.

I don't know if this is a solution, but you could try it. I think it helped me until they fixed the issue.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    One thing you could try is lower you graphic settings.

Years ago I had the same problem crashing near transit area's. It appeared that every time I was near flames and the particles for some reason made my game crash.

I don't know if this is a solution, but you could try it. I think it helped me until they fixed the issue.

Sure if there is a link between physics system / memory / crashes, reducing the particles might help. We can give it a try.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Kilcosu
    Kilcosu
    ✭✭✭
    I've disconnected a few times nearing different resources, as well as using transit shrine to other keeps.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 3 I experienced before giving up until it was fixed:
    Transiting
    During load screen events (like the load screens when a keep upgrades)
    Riding a horse in the middle of nowhere
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowing Zeni, its probably 1 mistyped line of code thats causing all of this.
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, and others in group, would crash whenever we crossed "mappping zones" overland in cyrodiil.

I, and another healer, would crash using restoration skills. It happened each times we're clearing the front door while engaged to clear the guards.

I, and others, would have a chance for disconnects while engaged with other players, as the graphic special effect loads increases due to population. Similar to lag spikes in trials but lags hard and drops the user.

I, and others, get dysnced from the game server moving into a populated area, leading to a connection loss, as you dont realize the disconnect until your trying to use skills.

The list goes on. The update, new client, didnt seem to help the client/server performance.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember crashes like this a few years back. They fixed it eventually. I wonder if those fixes are some of the code they removed.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running Dolmens, summoning Ezabi, and logging out of the game. 3 crashes in 2 hours. No rhyme or reason.
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    Everybody crashes all the time since the game was patched - so there's that.

But are there certain conditions that cause it?

For me, it's usually when I try to transit or when my death recap appears.

Furthermore, in the hours I have played since the patch, I crash everytime I try to transit away from Roebeck.

What are your experiences?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Bad coding.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    everything. Dont Matter. I have crashed riding a horse nowhere, in the base, or in combat. With and without addons but is true that It crashed less without addons
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they knew it would have been fixed by now.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

sure, like Snipe desynchs, running-over-the-horse, pirate skeleton locked bar, and 1000 more....
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

sure, like Snipe desynchs, running-over-the-horse, pirate skeleton locked bar, and 1000 more....

Your post doesn't say a thing. Those are known bugs, not the cause of crashes...
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 29, 2020 6:44PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The downgrade/ upgrade animations on keeps are still causing loading screens. It's so much of a feature for so long that a group/person on another alliance will take a resource while an enemy keep is under attack so half of the defenders are in a loading screen when the door comes down.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I crash everytime I get a defensive AP tick, or try to use transit since the last patch.
    Edited by Hexquisite on March 1, 2020 6:37AM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive had so many crashes since the update. Addons updated. Low graphic settings in cyrodil. I have never crashed frequently like this. It makes me log out.

Tonight i noticed it was more often than not when i transited. I would click on the keep and crash. When i log back in i would always be at the keep i crashed trying to port to.

Last night i had one jumping on my horse towards a resource. A second jumping down out of a keep. One fightning npcs on a resource flag.

The most common for me is transiting but a bunch of other randoms aswel.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most common crash is while moving from one "zone" to another. Zone as in Keeps etc.
    If you stay around one Keep and its rss you are less likely to crash.

Everytime we move between Keeps (Doesnt matter if riding, transitioning or running) we lose a bunch of the group.
  • grimscalrwb17_ESO
    When you hear the Zos Say they have optimised and recoded the game to remove bugs, one can be forgiven for expecting the game to run better. Instead The same crashes are still happening. for me its pvp crash on zone change into a heavily contested area, or when the state of the keep changes. usualy just before a defensive/offensive tic.

this does not happen every time, but its a gamble just enter into combat in a contested zone.

Its bad enough that during march madness, pvp tends to be so lagged its unplayable.
    But with the crashing on top of that, wich the growding in pvp during the event makes worse, its the lose of AP
    AP that I should have gotten from keep takes, defence and resorce takes. Over the last 2 year I would estimate iv lost over 10 million AP to this. While that is not much for leader board players, it is for me. I dont play the same character all the time. I rotate each one I have till it erns 100k AP, then move on.

Addons dont matter, it crashed with or with out them. I understand that some out of date addons can cause problems. But I tried running the game totally with out them and still get crashes entering congested combat areas.

Looking back this problem appears to be getting worse, not better.
    Also its beginning to look like they have no Idea what the problem is, and simply lack the coding capability to find and fix it.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Terrible code, code that seems to run parallel with zero checks or safety, hardware acceleration in browsers causing crashing (Windows 10 bug), etc.

You have to remember that a program crashing is not always a bad thing, and is the proper action an a program should take when it runs into an exception...

Only problem is that there are so many issues in ESO that it's often, especially with things like graphics models of keeps not loading properly or being removed from memory too early/referenced wrong (what seems to cause loading issue and crash around areas that frequently have it happen like around Farra-Kings-Arrius area).

But only the devs could know...
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make sure you have an active internet connection.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    Please make sure you have an active internet connection.

LMAO, great i spit out my tea reading this
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk what causes the crashes ever since the last performance patch but it happens daily sometimes multiple times a day in cyro the game just freezes. Its extra annoying on stadia to restart the game and not be able to log back in due the the other stadia bug that kicks you out on login if you are in a group. For months players have had to endure these hardships and for months I've not renewed my ESO subscription.

Edited by Ahtu on July 30, 2020 9:48AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have crashed to desktop twice now in Cyrodiil No CP since Mondays drawn out maintenance. Also the dreaded combat bug is back. PC NA server.