Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix for Proposed AoE Changes

kadochka
kadochka
✭✭✭✭✭
From my friend:
Cut the population in half by making separate servers. Let players choose, do they want to play Server One or Server Two? That way you don't have to change anything else, and it works much better as a solution instead of completely gutting the combat mechanics.

i.e., take PC-NA and split it into PC-NA #1 and PC-NA #2, then PC-EU #1 and PC-EU #2. Same with Consoles.

Other idea: Split PvP off of the servers. Give it it's own area. Also a good fix.

NOTE: This obviously is instead of the proposed AoE changes. : )
Please consider. <3
(Do not post hateful comments. Constructive criticism only, please!)
Edited by kadochka on July 28, 2020 10:36PM
if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was done multiple times already
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    From my friend:
    Cut the population in half by making separate servers. Let players choose, do they want to play Server One or Server Two? That way you don't have to change anything else, and it works much better as a solution instead of completely gutting the combat mechanics.

i.e., take PC-NA and split it into PC-NA #1 and PC-NA #2, then PC-EU #1 and PC-EU #2. Same with Consoles.

Other idea: Split PvP off of the servers. Give it it's own area. Also a good fix.

NOTE: This obviously is instead of the proposed AoE changes. : )
    Please consider. <3
    (Do not post hateful comments. Constructive criticism only, please!)

This not enough.
    It needs to be sorted by Leagues. That way, players who insist on extreme builds (solo or group) will naturally get moved to fight with themselves in a league (server / campaign / whatever). Those who are more casual and not intent on builds to exceed what the game was originally intended to support will be in a different League.
    Then, see which side is having issues and decide whether a global fix or local adjustment needs to be made.

Without this mandatory segregation, the extreme builds that ZOS thinks is causing performance issues will just move back and forth and spread the performance problems around.

Because -- and Rich Lambert basically said this is the foundation of their suspicions -- builds that are way out of bounds of what they intended combat to be like, that completely bypass the intended checks and balances, are causing these performance issues.
    People who aren't doing any of that are not contributing to the problem. They are just victims of it.
    They don't deserve a nuclear bomb "fix" they don't need, and that's going to affect everyone, even people who don't touch Cyrodiil at all.

http://gq-game-mods.blogspot.com/2020/07/what-everyone-already-knew-exploiting-destroys-the-game-for-everyone.html
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 29, 2020 3:13PM