The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

red mountain set

rumple9
rumple9
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting a really nice boost. Dks should love this with 12840 flame damage
Edited by rumple9 on July 27, 2020 8:08PM
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before it was better :trollface: now it's in line with the other procs I think.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is still way of the fire set
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    ~13k-8 seconds

8k-2 seconds

10% proc rate as a stam set. at worst your proccing it once every 4 seconds on average. so went from about 2k dps in worst case scenario (imo). to like. 1.6k dps.

theres absolutely no reason to get a proc set that is a stamina set, deals 1.7k dps , when you have better options that benefit from physical penetration and literally do like 2x damage.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe the proc rate will be 100%.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Scavenging Demise+*new Red Mountain gives nearly 30k proc damage on my Vamp stamblade.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    I really dislike that this set is 'just another proc-set'. I really dig the visuals this set has but imo its rather worthles.. And now its perfectly in line with every other proc set what so ever..
    Around 10 sec cooldown? check
    around 13k dmg? check
    Proc condition irrelevant because it will proc on cooldown? check
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was a pretty sizable nerf to the set, TBH.

With CP factored in the set was ~3k+ tooltip DPS (which was actually in the neighborhood of the nerfed Relequen) and now it's somewhere around ~1.5k.

So a cool ~50% nerf if you were interested in using it for damage in a thematic PvE build.

OTOH, it might be of more use now as cheesy PvP proc set #999.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set got nerfed as it was better proccing every 2 seconds rather then once every 8, it's also fire dmg which means it goes against spell resistances and need spell pen to boost, not that I really care for a proc set getting nerfed but that's about the jist of it
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oops-200x133.jpg
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mortiis13 wrote: »
    Before it was better :trollface: now it's in line with the other procs I think.

Red Mountain + Way of Fire... such a good times...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red mountain has a tooltip of 17590 on a warden with 2 animal companion skills, malacath and minor berserk, and that's just no CP.

That's higher than any burst damage ultimate and it can be easily timed with a CC and additional burst damage. To get a regular ultimate to reach this kind of tooltip you would need invest everything into damage, giving up a lot of if not all sustain and defence, yet this set offers you that dmg and more with no investment.

I guess ESO combat is being set up to revolve more around proc sets rather than classes, playstyles and individual ability.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should of been a mag proc set..
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »

I guess ESO combat is being set up to revolve more around proc sets rather than classes, playstyles and individual ability.

Certainly seems so when I look at the upcoming AoE cooldown tests.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »

Certainly seems so when I look at the upcoming AoE cooldown tests.

Yeah we will all just run tanky builds, LA each other and count that procs will do the job for us, because half of our skills will be disabled or nerfed so badly it will be waste of resources to use them. Performance will skyrocket thanks to this (...and the fact that Cyrodiil will ba a ghost town). Fun times ahead of us.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge