The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

My thought about the upcoming change

Grimm_Cortex
Grimm_Cortex
✭✭✭
First a rapid intro, I play on an xbox one X connected by ADSL at 10 meg. I'm an average player with no real focus on anything, I play on every compartment of the game but mainly PVE.

I would like to implore the dev to play the game insteed of looking at the logs and reading the post on the forum (yeah I wrote a post .. But hey, did I have a choice to raise my opinion to them ?)
Most of the post here are complaint from PVP fan boys, that not even able to play correctly, so when they loose, they post : Nerf this ! Change that ! Blablabla, but the silent majority are tired of the not understandable change you make and plane, I will take 3 examples :

Maelstorm arena perfected weapons : the only one useful actualy is the bow. The destruction staff bonus is useless (we are already at penetration cap on our front bar, more penetration on back bar is not usefull at all). The restauration staff is only used by a minority of pvp player, and the other weapons are use by an even more minority of player because we have better options ....
So why put a perfected version if that not usefull to player ?

Perfected false god, you justified your upcoming change by stam version of the set, but ophidian is a 5 years olds set that we used only on solo content and we can farm the ophidian in normal trial ... The perfected version must be farm in VETERAN and we had to buy an extension to be able to do so why ?
Because the stam complaint ? Not sure of that because every stam I know use relequen in normal of perfected version never the ophidian in group .... So you want to balance the game between something that have 5 years over a new one. Not an answers too.

Finally the mythic item, you start to nerf also the brand new stuff we have to farm like hell because of the antiquities system (level up the abilities and farm to find the lead), and a month after that you finally change your mind because many people use it ?
In situation it's already extremly risky to use it, but we the change on the thrassian it will not possible to use it anymore in trial because 12k in health is not a solution !
And also you post "we can more safely allow the set to exist in content, even when smart players find clever ways to bypass the curse involved" : so before this is wasn't safe to have this set on live server but we had to use it until now ... And because it seam that we are not all smart I would say the only way to mitigate the malus is to had some health on our character, but doing so we will loose offensive stat and this loos will not be balanced by the bonus of the gauntlet ... So Useless.

I also understand why you change so many proc set in order to avoid trafic in the server and erase some of the lags, so for that thank you.

I implore you to play the game at every level before making any change.
  • Ishtharo
    Ishtharo
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone knows ZOS doesn't play their own game, at least no more than casually.
    Tsarra Venus Sylphyra - Stamplar PvP Bosmer Harrier
    VenusFállen - Magden PvP Nord Healer
    VenusFallen - Stamcro PvP Nord Brawler
    VenusFallèn - MagBlade PvP Dark Elf Ganker
    VeñusFallen - StamSorc PvP Bosmer Harrier