Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerers need more than Surge.

• Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbajones wrote: »
    ive got to say sorcerers suck bad for damage I am lvl 1 VR and a lvl 10 just killed me because I can do no damage ? WTF sorcerers are supposed to be killer nukers not just support types

Im disgusted with this I used all of my abilities knockback with fire clench, unstable wall of fire, lightning pool shattering prison and then auto attack im oom and the lvl 10 got up and walked all over me ***

Uses Aoes on a single target fight....

cries that his dmg is ***...
  • taylorwilenskiub17_ESO
    Lol sorcs don't need anything, they are already so friggin powerful.
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    I just read this thread. Critical Surge is literally the strongest self heal ability in the game right besides templar class heals. Just run Inner Light for the 20% more crit chance from spells and boom tons of self healing when you get a crit from a spell.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they really want balance, they'll transform Dark Exchange into a mobile ability. That's the only way to make Sorcs as good of tanks as DKs.

Green Dragons Blood gives an instant heal, more healing over time, and regens your stamina (for a magicka cost.) It cannot be interrupted. It is not a channel.

Change Dark Exchange so it works similar. You spend Stamina instead of Magicka and you get back Health and Magicka (some instantly and more over time.)
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Rahaya
    Rahaya
    Sleepydan wrote: »

Seriously? That's what you got from my my comments? "Not just leather, sorcerers can go tanky light armor too! There is no such thing as build diversity!"

I'll rephrase. The big idea I wanted from you to gain my support was "what other classes can effectively be as tanky as they can possibly be without wearing at least mostly heavy armor?"

(Hint: I *think* dragon knights have enough armor stuff they could soft cap it through abilities as well. Not sure about that being the "best, most efficient way" though for a serious, drawn out high end encounter. Bound armor being forever > temporary and constantly resource draining. And they don't live or die off their crits, since they don't have critical surge)

Not only have you failed to address the only point i choose to actually call you out on, Rahaya pointed out a different sorcerer tank concept that while I admit I haven't tested, succeeds as a proof of concept.

Then there is the whole assburgers thing, and being a general tool to other people, not yet myself who more aggressively disagree with you.

I fail how to see how anything productive is coming from this discussion. Are you trying to troll, or just accidentally being disruptive with your requests for what is essentially a buff to a class that I main as?

Don't get me wrong, buffs wheeee! But as they giveth they taketh away, and I enjoy the slice of gameplay I get as a sorcerer.

You want more straightforward, baseline healing? Play a different class.

I have tested it, while I haven't reach Vet dungeons yet, I just completed the last lvl 50 dungeon in Coldharbour as a tank. It was also the first one I tried sword and board on and will most likely be ditching the sword and board and going back to my Greatsword and keeping Destruction Staff secondary.

It's ridiculous.

From what I've heard from Vet level players, Sorcs are top tier tanks because they have even more crowd control tools than DKs do, noticeable self healing (Absorption Field is my favorite ult. Over 1k of health + area stun, dispel and not counting the 12% health AND magicka I get for each dispel) and survival tools, while being able to do some damage.

If you are doing a crit build, then yes you want something that takes advantage of crit. That's why Bow Sorcs are a thing. If you don't, you will still do fine.

I honestly feel like Sorcs have too many good things going for them. I mean healing for 5% of max hp on ability use is a PASSIVE. DKs have to slot 5 Dragon abilities + 2 passive points to get 20% health regeneration. Heavy armor gets 28% MAX, and has nothing for magicka use. We get it with 2 passive points and any summoning ability, EVEN THE CURSE and don't have to give up jack.

As I said before, we have a lot more options for keeping ourselves alive than self healing. And we STILL have self healing.

We're riding the edge of broken.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Idk about the OP but the spell crit build heals for a ton. 7/7 light armor, everything spell crit currently puts me at 45% crit (+7.5% from exploitation). I use inner light, dark exchange, critical surge and restraining prison on both my bars. Single target bar, I use those spells + crystal fragments and on the AoE bar I use Elemental Ring.

I gotta say, its pretty damn powerful and has plenty of heals. On the single target bar, I usually dont even use Critical Surge. Most of the damage I might take is healed by Dark Exchange.

Edit, to the above poster, we need that CC to be competitive. The critical surge build requires an entire build to make it work, and is only OP when you have a very skilled player that plays it to the fullest. Sorcerers are referred to as the "Master Class". Its the hardest to play, but has the most potential. I feel thats an appropriate tradeoff when you consider the negatives of the class. Just my opinion.
    Edited by SexyVette07 on April 21, 2014 9:32AM