The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PLEASE STOP BUFFING PROC SETS, OR..

Canned_Apples
Canned_Apples
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

Or at least add another one of those pay2win rings that reduces incoming proc damage by 1000000000000%!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES KEEP BUFFING PROC SETS

finally we have a break in the meta and more diverse options to use then the same old same old trial sets forever
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting PTSD from back in 2016 when one could run Viper + Knight Errant + Tremorscale, and tank up with 30k+ health while still doing tons of damage and heal thanks to procs.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as it was back then. Hopefully...
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    non proc sets are all the same thing. stats,

proc sets add a lot of other elements to the build and gameplay.
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    non proc sets are all the same thing. stats,

proc sets add a lot of other elements to the build and gameplay.

In theory I agree with you. But the problem is how proc sets damage is static regardless of your stats and the fact that they are balanced around not critting.

This means you can be a heavy armor build with 30k+ health and no crit chance, and deal nearly as much damage as a medium armor build without any of the risk or difficulty that comes from playing a squishy build.

• Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont find the changes to the proc set too bad. I've played with the Malcath ring and while it flat-lines your damage; you do notice the nom-crit damage burst. The proc sets work well with the ring yet at the same time you could push your critical damge up past +90% with reasonable frequency.

In PVP, you can play against high critical.. play against high resistant targets... play against high mobile/LOS targets.. and the list goes on. The changes to proc sets adds another situation scenario with limited counters; however, its a counter against very hard targets to apply more pressure through these sets.

The proc set changes seems to be the by product that comes ahead to open options for players. A new player who isn't use to LOS/fast targets have small windows to land damage, so proc sets help those players add to their attacks; same is true to hard targets that have exceptional resustances and burst healing. The proc sets without the fight could add additional pressure or counter some of the burst healing.

I also see why it puts current comfortable builds into disarray since proc sets often don't have a telegraph except a few. So its harder to play against these sets. Yet it doesn't ruin the PVP. It pushes the expert to a higher level of situation awareness and response/reactions. I don't see that as bad even if that means I take a dirt nap being pummeled by a proc set.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »
    I dont find the changes to the proc set too bad. I've played with the Malcath ring and while it flat-lines your damage; you do notice the nom-crit damage burst. The proc sets work well with the ring yet at the same time you could push your critical damge up past +90% with reasonable frequency.

In PVP, you can play against high critical.. play against high resistant targets... play against high mobile/LOS targets.. and the list goes on. The changes to proc sets adds another situation scenario with limited counters; however, its a counter against very hard targets to apply more pressure through these sets.

The proc set changes seems to be the by product that comes ahead to open options for players. A new player who isn't use to LOS/fast targets have small windows to land damage, so proc sets help those players add to their attacks; same is true to hard targets that have exceptional resustances and burst healing. The proc sets without the fight could add additional pressure or counter some of the burst healing.

I also see why it puts current comfortable builds into disarray since proc sets often don't have a telegraph except a few. So its harder to play against these sets. Yet it doesn't ruin the PVP. It pushes the expert to a higher level of situation awareness and response/reactions. I don't see that as bad even if that means I take a dirt nap being pummeled by a proc set.

The thing is that they keep buffing proc set damage and decreasing the reaction window.
    Right now, there are only a few people running proc sets, mostly magblades, but once these buffed up sets go live, everyone will be running cheese builds