Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The new 'improved' stranglers

pklemming
pklemming
✭✭✭✭✭
Mythic Items
Thrassian Stranglers:
Reduced the Weapon and Spell Damage per stack to 17, down from 40.
This set no longer causes you to take 1% more damage per stack, or decreases your healing taken by 1% per stack.
This set now causes you to lose 120 Maximum Health for every stack you have. The maximum stack count stays at 50, resulting in the final stats to be 850 Weapon and Spell Damage, -6000 Health, and -50% shield efficacy.
Increased the duration of the stacks to 1 hour, up from 10 minutes, to better cement the quasi-permanent permanency.

How utterly useless. I can't really think of anything else to say...
  • Kaenos
    Kaenos
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm.... 850 SP/WP for 6000 health? Doesn't sound very mythic to me. Yet another item to collect dust in a coffer somewhere.
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    How about just delete this useless piece of Item?
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it can stealth it could be useful for making a glass cannon in cyrodiil.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand.. they said they didn't want everyone in a trial using it. So they made it 10 minutes and 50 stacks.. okay that makes sense, unless you have each member, out in the zone killing mobs to keep the stacks and then port in, the odds of all DPS doing this would be slim and it would result in only a couple if any DPS wanting to use it in the actual trial since they could pretty easily lose them all if they got no kill.

Now.. 1h long, but still 50 stacks.. why? There isn't really anything stopping a whole trial from using it again.

What a confusing mess.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that 6k health before or after CP and buffs?
  • Eleguak
    Eleguak
    ✭✭
    Basically, yeah. I can't think of a single way to work this set into any build with this.

Just to run it you'd haveta give up the classic 5/5/2 item set ratio from before mythic items (not including a backbared weapon set), and even at max stacks it's... not worth running for that...? I mean, you can't even allocate your stat points into health to lowkey make up the cost so you won't be one shot as a dps (I know some dps really skirt the line of min health even after food buffs).

So is this just a tanking set now, so tanks can do some more damage, after speccing mostly into health/armor? Or... what?

I mean the health thing MIGHT work with a bigger weapon/spell damage pay out, but as it is, this isn't worth anything to even use. Just run a full item set instead of using a mythic item set that I thought were supposed to mix up build variety.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    De-con candidate now.

I wonder what you get if you decon an orange item?
    Edited by katorga on July 27, 2020 7:56PM
  • AMapOfTheStars
    I’m super disappointed in these changes. At least before the cap was 2000, but 850?

Not only do you have to encounter 50 enemies to kill, but compete with your group members to land the killing blow on them, for a measly 850 damage? It’s not realistic or even achievable for certain trials like Kyne’s Aegis that don’t even have 50 adds available to kill, especially not when you’re dividing that up between 8 different damage dealers.

And then we get to the penalty, losing 6000 health. The original mythic items from Greymoor release boasted that they held the power of a full 5 piece set. Well, now it does. 850 spell/weapon damage is pretty average for a 5 piece set, on the condition that you kill 50 enemies. But it still has a crazy drawback?! That makes absolutely no sense. Other than Malacath’s Band of Brutality, the other mythic items don’t come with any extreme drawbacks that don’t already come with losing a slot. I would say that killing 50 adds for a weak buff is torture enough, especially when stacks still have an expiration time.
  • TheKingofSass
    TheKingofSass
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I am, thinking they couldn't worsen this set by each update. OH HOWDY, HOW WRONG I WAS..

Allow me to display how I feel about this overal

[Snip]

[Edited for inappropriate image]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 28, 2020 4:02PM
    "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
    Alyäia Morningstar
    500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
    Poison Avy
    500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
    Tronto Ebur
    500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
    Azaerani
    500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took one look at this and said "Oh dip!" because the second I saw the 850 I knew it's now junk...there is zero reason to keep this outside of some funky pug tank builds.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is making it more and more apparent that thrassians were a chapter seller and now they don't care. Onto selling the next one with an outrageously good set that everyone said day one needs to be nerfed..
  • Pyvos
    Pyvos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, all they have to do is nerf the damage bonus you get. That's it. Job done.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand.. they said they didn't want everyone in a trial using it. So they made it 10 minutes and 50 stacks.. okay that makes sense, unless you have each member, out in the zone killing mobs to keep the stacks and then port in, the odds of all DPS doing this would be slim and it would result in only a couple if any DPS wanting to use it in the actual trial since they could pretty easily lose them all if they got no kill.

Now.. 1h long, but still 50 stacks.. why? There isn't really anything stopping a whole trial from using it again.

What a confusing mess.

Honestly I think it'll only be used in trials now. :D
    It's not useful at all for BG/Cyrodiil/Overland if this goes through.

Edited by Red_Feather on July 27, 2020 7:45PM
  • IonicKai
    IonicKai
    ✭✭✭✭
    50 stacks alone was enough to mostly kill off this set so long as it kept the killing blow requirement. Now that the damage was gimped and you lose approx a third of your health (assuming you are near meta health for a DPS), it's just garbage. It is completely worthless and is all penalty no reward. There are too many hoops to jump through for such a small gain that you are better off betting on more consistent performance from other sets.
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    But wait? Shouldn't a mythical item be strong? i really dont get it.
    Wake up Zos. This isnt a craftable or overland dropped piece of gear.
    ITS MYTHIC!!!!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is this so difficult??? IT is SUPPOSED TO BE M Y T H I C!

it was mythic when u first made it since then it is trash. either delete the set or reinstate it to its former glory.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it’s not even 850 Spell Damage gain at max stacks, you have to give up a 5pc set bonus to use it. So for example with Spell Strategist you could have 460 Spell Damage, so Thrassian at 50 stacks is a gain of 390 Spell Damage (about 6% DPS), not that you’ll ever get 50 killing blows outside of Maelstrom Arena.

This new version might be appropriate power for a mythic item with no downsides, but it’s still accompanied by a massive reduction in survivability. Anyone who has switched between bi-stat health and max resource food and tri-stat recovery food knows how impactful that 2k health difference is, now Thrassian has 3 times that effect with its 6K health reduction. Also shields scale with max health, while gaining no boost from Spell Damage, so reducing their size on top of the health reduction seems overkill.

This set is really disappointing. Seems to be following the path of RO. Started as an interesting idea, but poorly implemented, and has now been changed several more times, with each iteration worse than the previous. It’s dead already, stop hitting it.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raikiki wrote: »

Lets make a statement by everone deleting your thrassian stragnlers once the update goes live. :D
  • StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol. These devs here. Bless their heart.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tested the health debuff on pts in overland. It affects base health, not buffed health. I'm losing 158 health per stack which would be a loss of 7900 health at 50 stacks.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raikiki wrote: »

Lets make a statement by everone deleting your thrassian stragnlers once the update goes live. :D

That would break me. I fished for so many many hours for leads.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I only farmed one set.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically a “thank you for buying Greymoor for OP Mythics and now it’s time to nerf them into uselessness“ sort of thing. What’s funny is how drastic the values are... you’d think people who spend their days playing on a spreadsheet would know better.

Thrassians have been ZOSed. Started at one extreme (blatantly OP) and have gone to the opposite extreme (total trash). No middle ground apparently. Rip.

• StamPlar_1976
    StamPlar_1976
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad I only farmed one set.

Glad I didn't farm it at all lol. I hope they keep their grubby hands off my malacath's.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is so bad. Put this in perspective. We have 5pc sets that have a ton of stats and still give 450-600 spell power and they don't reduce your health by 6k. This is so pathetically bad lol.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The change is only worth it if they remove killing blows as a requirement to gain stacks.
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    I just tested the health debuff on pts in overland. It affects base health, not buffed health. I'm losing 158 health per stack which would be a loss of 7900 health at 50 stacks.

Correction, I lost a total of 8,299 health at 50 stacks.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is this the last round of PTS testing.
    I get the feeling that a change on last round sticks regardless of how unpopular it was.
  • MellowMagic
    MellowMagic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm losing alot more then 6500hp too, it's around 8k at max stacks.
    PC / NA @MellowMagic
    Imperial named with some sort of variation of "Deo"
    By the Divines...
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is making it more and more apparent that thrassians were a chapter seller

That is a.....sadly possibly insightful thought.

I wish you were wrong.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis