The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Pariah nerf

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know its not a giant nerf but still 10%; was anyone ever complaining about this set? It was a nice niche set, never heard it being overpowered or people complaining...
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    After many defensive sets got nerfed this set became less niche and more popuplar. Although i dont think it should have been nerfed because of that.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My theory is that while adjusting the "Trial by Fire" set, they used "Pariah" as a baseline to determine the desired armor bonus. During this process they figured that "Pariah" is mathematically just a tiny bit, over performing.

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since it obly jumps into effect the lower your health is I feel it should perform a bit better...I would say I trust their power balance calculation but then again it doesnt seem very reliable so far...
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since it obly jumps into effect the lower your health is I feel it should perform a bit better...I would say I trust their power balance calculation but then again it doesnt seem very reliable so far...

You could always change from "Pariah" to "Trial by Fire", if you think it will perform better.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been overperforming ever since it was released with orsinium, if anything this set needs a further nerfs.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It's been overperforming ever since it was released with orsinium, if anything this set needs a further nerfs.

i guess thats why everyone is using it...oh yeah right, its so overpowered everyone is too scared to use it ^^

its so overpowered the new juggernaut looks like weak sauce next to it ^^
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i guess thats why everyone is using it...oh yeah right, its so overpowered everyone is too scared to use it ^^

If you don't think people been running pariah for ages idk what to tell you. Once you drop below ~68% HP no other set in the game offers as much damage mitigation as pariah on live.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't think people been running pariah for ages idk what to tell you. Once you drop below ~68% HP no other set in the game offers as much damage mitigation as pariah on live.

Pariah was very popular while resistances considered the most superior defense mechanism in PVP. pre-nerf Protective jewelry, pre- nerf Blood spawn etc... Pariah also had good synergy with vamp undead passive. For some reason, Pariah was one the only popular resistance sets that did not see any change while most other popular resistance sources got nerfed hard. Also, many players don't know that Pariah gives like 2k resistances while player is at full HP. From the description many believe that it give "o" resistances at full HP.

However, on live ATM I'm not sure how good Pariah is now that resistances are harder to stack, Undead passive comes with a great cost and healing is bad. Many will prefer a set like "Orgnum's Scales" or Eternal vigor" as a value defensive set.
    Edited by Lughlongarm on July 26, 2020 12:38PM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I listed a pair of Impen Pariah greaves for 200k and they sold in a matter of hours. If Pariah was as unpopular as you say it is, I never would have been able to do that. The market doesn't lie — people are using Pariah.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pariah is definitely not niche.

I was using it a few patches ago and I was in the minority then for sure.

A lot of people use it now. It flies out of guild stores at pretty high price for a set this old.
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 26, 2020 1:24PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After they nerfed all the other defensive sets, you should have seen this one coming. Once something starts outperforming everything else across the board in one way or another, you should expect them to nerf it...
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

A lot of people use it now. It flies out of guild stores at pretty high price for a set this old.

And that's why it got nerfed. Because it became popular. Same with NMA. ZOS constantly nerfs what ever is most popular.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well at least i already quickly bought a full juggernaut set...looks very juicy, like an additional vamp/necro ult....

Edited by Nemesis7884 on July 26, 2020 3:02PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote: »

And that's why it got nerfed. Because it became popular. Same with NMA. ZOS constantly nerfs what ever is most popular.

That is what they have been doing since launch... remember when they mentioned in ESO live a long time ago that they were looking at "The Lady" mundus because so many players were using it? The didn't because they figured out that it was just because it is the first one that players came across and they weren't bothering to change it to a better mundus.

So I imagine the Combat Team analysis goes something like this:

- Search for all the sets that are equipped and see which ones are on the most characters.
    - Compare that set to the "Power Standard" spreadsheet.
    - Nerf its power to below average.
    - Repeat the same thing next patch.

Whats funny to me is how long Mother's Sorrow has been meta. I would say it is because it isn't used in PvP, but they nerfed False God's and Siroria this time around, so who knows why Mother's Sorrow keeps flying under the nerf radar.
    Edited by kojou on July 26, 2020 3:36PM
    Playing since beta...
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pariah is the strongest defensive set in the game since its inception. It is definitely not niche. While it was not popularized like sets like Transmutation etc, it is a quite common defense set by many 1vXers and duelists, even before the nerfs to other defense sets. Especially during the bleedblade meta, tons of stamblades paired it with Troll King while Master DW took care of damage.