The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stamplar in desperate need for healing (pvp)

Appo
Appo
✭✭✭
Its already struggling in pvp for healing on live, ritual is now a static HoT (weak) or DoT and we cant have as hybrid so its loss to dmg or rely on vigor and rally, we have no class mobility, the only thing stamplar has now is jabs, its in dire state on pts, a burst heal is a must or this class will be shelved!
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Buff My Class" threads should be in Combat & Character Mechanics forums, @Appo.

PTS forums is for testing, evaluation, and feedback of ACTUAL changes proposed by ZOS in the upcoming patch.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 25, 2020 5:33AM
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    "Buff My Class" threads should be in Combat & Character Mechanics forums, @Appo.

PTS forums is for testing, evaluation, and feedback of ACTUAL changes proposed by ZOS in the upcoming patch.

This is directly regarding stamplars current state on pts and how inexplicably poor it is post several hours of testing.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 25, 2020 1:13PM
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting and Rude Comments. Please ensure when engaging in a discussion to keep it civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post you believe is in violation of the rules report it so the moderators can review it.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭

The PTS change to Ritual of Retribution is the last in a quite a list of Stamplar healing nerfs, and it really hits Stamplar healing (pretty much finishing it off, basically), mobility and utility.

As this change is currently on PTS I can't see why we "cannot" discuss this here (as this is THE place to discuss such changes and bring up issues with said changes) and if we cannot then I'm sure the mods themselves would say so (and the one in this thread has not).

If this change goes ahead as is, they need to take a long look at Stamplars (as they aren't remotely the same as Magplars), especially in solo and PvP contexts are they are pretty much bottom of the barrel in those contexts once the new Ritual of Retribution goes live.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting and Rude Comments. Please ensure when engaging in a discussion to keep it civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post you believe is in violation of the rules report it so the moderators can review it.

If some are removed for baiting; why not start with the players trying to act like forum mods to tell them where they should post stuff. Obviously that is not their position to say and only inflames the OP and others from the get go.

Of course my own comment here is hypocritical but theres my point.
  • Android_Archer
    Android_Archer
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if ZOS hadn't destroyed the healing ability of Oblivion's Edge with the next patch, you could heal really well from that. Oh well, ZOS strikes again.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar has good healing. Is working as intended.
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭

It has vigor and rally. Unlike every other Stam spec it has no real access to any reliable class based healing other than Extend Rit (which is now really the only option - not sure who will ever take Rit of Ret now), which isn't as useful a Rit Retribution was in this context.

They had good healing before ZOS started their list of Templar healing nerfs I agree, but that was a long time ago now.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repentance works well in BGs where there are usually bodies around.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorreck wrote: »

It has vigor and rally. Unlike every other Stam spec it has no real access to any reliable class based healing other than Extend Rit (which is now really the only option - not sure who will ever take Rit of Ret now), which isn't as useful a Rit Retribution was in this context.

They had good healing before ZOS started their list of Templar healing nerfs I agree, but that was a long time ago now.

You have access to minor mending and a purify that’s removed 5 negative effects and a time that beefs you up. I don’t know a single top tier stamplar who used other morph of ritual
    Edited by ItsJustHashtag on July 25, 2020 3:49PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not just the nerfs, by now stamplar also simply lacks a unique flavor that makes it worth playing vs other classes and especially vs magplar that does everything better...

it needs some special sauce to it
  • Gorreck
    Gorreck
    ✭✭✭
    You have access to minor mending and a purify that’s removed 5 negative effects and a time that beefs you up. I don’t know a single top tier stamplar who used other morph of ritual

Plenty did use it, it was very useful for several styles of play in PvP and solo PvE, however once this change goes live I don't think you'll see any Templar use Rit of Retribution ever.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not just the nerfs, by now stamplar also simply lacks a unique flavor that makes it worth playing vs other classes and especially vs magplar that does everything better...

it needs some special sauce to it

Stamplar has more burst than magplar due to access to more responsive executes and the nature of stam in general. Will be more important with the PL/POTL nerf/fix that reduces the burst from that. The combo of it, jabs, burning light, and execute on stam made them a top burst class to where I could see justification for where they were at. Now jabs are slower, POTL hits for less, burning light proc will be harder to get on a moving target.

That said; stam does not have the ability to keep ER up as they move as it's too expensive for them. Cant rely on having the extra healing for it as you need it to remove extremely suppressive defiles now. They do not have the option of living dark or eclipse because it's too expensive and doesnt scale. They cannot use toppling charge as both gap closer and CC as often because cost. Healing is not supplemented by jabs.

In short; all templar takes a hit with last patch healing reduction every class had, and upcoming damage loss, but where magplar has supplemental healing and defense otherwise; stamplar eggs were in 1 basket and will be harder hit. Still more burst than magplar but not enough IMO to give up the defenses and other utility of magplar.

None of this has anything to do with ritual of retribution though, but I look at it from a PVP perspective. If you were trying to use RR in PVP for anything more than proc from DOTs, they're probably doing you a favor by forcing you off it.
    Edited by technohic on July 25, 2020 4:46PM
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Gorreck wrote: »

It's not only about PvP...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Greetings all,

If some are removed for baiting; why not start with the players trying to act like forum mods to tell them where they should post stuff. Obviously that is not their position to say and only inflames the OP and others from the get go.

There was absolutely no mention of any of the specific PTS changes in the OP, @technohic.

It's not about "acting like a forum mod".

It is about trying to sift through non-PTS related posts in a PTS forum.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 25, 2020 6:37PM
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Greetings all,

There was absolutely no mention of any of the specific PTS changes in the OP, @technohic.

It's not about "acting like a forum mod".

It is about trying to sift through non-PTS related posts in a PTS forum.

Any1 who knows the changes on pts understands the chages explained in the OP it also mentions PTS on line......6 i think it is, [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 27, 2020 10:53AM
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    issue with healing on a stamplar is not just for pvp, pve also needs some loves...
    ritual of retribution in our healing line don't heal anymore

u have to rely on rally - 2h skills or vigor (pvp)

i will never pvp
    so my stamplar gonna retired in the current state
    or i will have to equip winter respite ;P
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Repentance works well in BGs where there are usually bodies around.

Not really.

Stamplar (and templar) need a heal base on max health.... definitly. and Options for both gameplay (PvP, PvE, Mag and Stam). Not only a shield scaled on HP and without Stam Morph...
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    issue with healing on a stamplar is not just for pvp, pve also needs some loves...
    ritual of retribution in our healing line don't heal anymore

u have to rely on rally - 2h skills or vigor (pvp)

i will never pvp
    so my stamplar gonna retired in the current state
    or i will have to equip winter respite ;P

Yeh agree, mine is already benched to just crafter this patch but next patch is gonna be even worse 😂😂