The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag DK is absurd this update

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
Its actually insane how many magDKs there are in battlegrounds this patch I would say there are anywhere from 4-10 in the average game for me now, the class is absolutely beyond broken with proc damage sets and malacaths. In no CP, regen is always a huge issue but when you generate resources from the burning status that can be applied by a proc damage set, its just absurd just how much regen this stacking of damage sets can equate to. DOTs are also incredibly overperforming in BGs with the healing nerf, you can barely outheal a DKs DOTs as is, then you are hit with the strongest and buggiest CC in the game encase, leap and you are a free kill, after which DK generates more resources back for ult spent. Leap is severely over performing, it does too much damage for how easy it is to use and how hard it is to counter, especially at range. Leap also adds a ridiculous unlisted and uncleansable snare from when the ability is activated to when you are actually hit that needs to be removed. The passive that gives resources from poisoned and burning application needs a cooldown (ZOS actually nerfed the asylum destro instead of this passive), damage sets should not apply status effects and should not be buffed by malacath. I dread what next patch will look like based on how things look now prior to an enormous buff to proc damage sets. I don’t know why ZOS doesn’t look at in game stats to balance and think, magdk and magsorc make up 60% of battlegrounds characters and on average have the highest damage done maybe there is something to it?
  • Katechonn
    Katechonn
    ✭✭
    Its a combination of couple things: malacath + healing nerf makes magdks running grothdar + elf bane very effective. Class itself is far from being too strong. Its a matter of current meta. Nerfing class passives and skills its worst solution possible.
    Without combustion it will be impossible to sustain on magdk.
    Mag morph for leap is op? Dont make me laugh. This skill is so bugged and unreliable that the biggest success is actually to land it on someone. Damagewise its worse than stam morph.

Yes, there is increasing numbers of magdks in bgs these days, but also magwardens (which are the true scourge in this meta, imo) and of course magsorcs.
    Edited by Katechonn on July 24, 2020 10:28AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can say the same of any class using procs and defile on live. It has nothing to do with class and everything to do with procs and mythics.

So... anyone still think 1-piece sets with more power than 5-pieces, that you can then stack with 5-piece sets, were a good idea? The outcome seemed pretty predictable to me...

Also, don't know why they are even using mag DK when mag warden is superior for proc + defile builds in every way
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    You can say the same of any class using procs and defile on live. It has nothing to do with class and everything to do with procs and mythics.

So... anyone still think 1-piece sets with more power than 5-pieces, that you can then stack with 5-piece sets, were a good idea? The outcome seemed pretty predictable to me...

Also, don't know why they are even using mag DK when mag warden is superior for proc + defile builds in every way

Magden does more damage and has better buffs however nearly their entire toolkit can be blocked but magDK has better sustain, an incredibly powerful CC, you can’t block dots and leap is both a good ult when used in combination with someone else or to steal kills at range, Double or triple leaping to third party is easy free clean up kills
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    Leap is really iseasy to block. Only way to use properly is after fosilise.
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Katechonn wrote: »
    Its a combination of couple things: malacath + healing nerf makes magdks running grothdar + elf bane very effective. Class itself is far from being too strong. Its a matter of current meta. Nerfing class passives and skills its worst solution possible.
    Without combustion it will be impossible to sustain on magdk.
    Mag morph for leap is op? Dont make me laugh. This skill is so bugged and unreliable that the biggest success is actually to land it on someone. Damagewise its worse than stam morph.

Yes, there is increasing numbers of magdks in bgs these days, but also magwardens (which are the true scourge in this meta, imo) and of course magsorcs.

Magwarden? Any of u played as magden?..

I play as a magden, tell me - what tools i have to stop like stamnecro in 1 on 1? Or magsorc?.

• precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the meta and some of the spells that magDK has to rely on I think it is more likely the player you encountered that made you post this was the OP factor, we are in a ranged poison dot apocalypse and magDK is a melee caster with no purge. Fossil is hard to contend with if they bait you around a corner though :)
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are so many cheezy builds right now it is stupid. But if I never die to another stupid templar knockdown jab spam again I would die a happy man. Nothing cheezier in this game than that dumbed down crap.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanagrand wrote: »
    Leap is really iseasy to block. Only way to use properly is after fosilise.

You have to know it is coming to block it. I get hit with this stupid skill like 10 times per battleground, they need to raise the ult cost imo.