The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eternal Newbie Trying Again

Ostadan
Ostadan
Soul Shriven
I have played ESO a bit, but have not even hit level 20. I stopped for a while and now find I cannot remember how to do _anything_ - I don't remember any of the story lines in my journal, have little idea of how my character's abilities work (and am bewildered anew by the skill system), and seem to have a bunch of raw materials cluttering my inventory and bank that I don't know what to do with.
Can anyone recommend how to proceed? Are there patient newbie-friendly guilds on PC/NA that can help? I am… of a certain age, and my ability to learn quickly is not what it was.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To your questions:

1-Yes, there are patient and friendly guilds on PC NA. Here is a link to one of them (forum posts)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6800001

2-I would encourage you to start another character. If you are re-learning, then start from the bottom, and let yourself re-explore things.

3-If you are having trouble with raw materials, then I would encourage you to join a guild and sell them (or sell them to a guild vendor), or give yourself a month of ESO so they can accumulate in your crafting bag and not in your bank.

4-Ask in zone. There are an astonishing amount of very nice folks out there.

CRap...edited because I can't seem to link to the beginning of the thread....oh well

Edited by newtinmpls on July 25, 2020 1:46AM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just start a new character. You can keep that one and come back to it later if you want.

I did the same same thing when I started playing, played for a bit but didn't stay. I came back prolly close to a year later to a level 12 nightblade that just felt unfamiliar to me. So I made a mag sorcerer, played him for while, and when had a better feel for the game I ended up playing the Nightblade again also.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Send a tell to me (@Kwik1) and I will happily make you a nice set of training gear and get you into a nice starter guild where you can get help and start joining starter trials.

I play most evenings Pacific Standard Time.