Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lets face it ZOS, we need more housing furniture slots

PrimusNephilim
PrimusNephilim
✭✭✭✭✭
With the Antiquities, the ever expanding list of zone achievements we are acquiring, music boxes, statuettes and crown goodies, our homes are filled up to the max and and I mean to the max! And now we're going to be adding roaming NPC's (which is totally off the hook cool!) and that means something in the house has to go....total bummer man....so you're not fooling anyone ZOS, we have a couple non-combat pets that have expanded our character inventory by 5 (each pet) so bust a move and come up with something crafty that gives us home owners something to use (or buy) that adds additional home slots.

Make it a quest achievement, you have to do X,Y & Z to get "this item" and it will allow you additional 100 slots (or whatever) for your house or just put it in the crown store.

Cheers!
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gave their official statement on this in February and I highly doubt it's changed. Beating a dead horse does not in fact make it move. Soul gems don't seem effective either.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gave their official statement on this in February and I highly doubt it's changed. Beating a dead horse does not in fact make it move. Soul gems don't seem effective either.

haha...I didn't hear their statement on this but I'll beat a dead horse till the cows come home :)
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do need more furnishing slots, but it's the player cap that really hinders housing for me. I find it impossible to believe there's no way for them to allow more slots. Even just making the existing houses able to hold 24 (some of the 12 people ones are HUGE) would help so much.

Just because they gave their statement once doesn't mean nothing will ever change. They need to know how dissatisfied the housing community is with the player and furnishing slots.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I would agree that some of the larger houses do need a bump up in furniture slots. I doubt we will ever see one, but one can dream. I do like you idea of making it a quest reward or achievement, so we can earn more spaces. The difficulty will be in calculating how many extra spaces to give. My snugpod has no more room for junk, but my Psijic Manor has plenty. Maybe it can be a you are rewarded an X% more slots than the house default amount.
    Edited by MoonlightShadow on July 24, 2020 6:51PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could the devs possibly enable some variability in the allocation of things like slots versus number of players, or let us shift from one category of furnishings to another?

I’m the only one ever in my house, so I could live with much lower player limits on notable houses in order to raise the number of other furnishings, for example. I don’t put a menagerie of animals in either so that might be another option.

I don’t recall them addressing this specifically, but I might have missed it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said for ages they need to eliminate the collectibles category (undaunted busts, 110 slots in a notable home) and simply combine it with the traditional furnishings. That lets us put more than 110 of the collectibles in (it is no longer possible to place every undaunted trophy and bust in a house, or it won't be come the next dungeon pack) and for homes where the undaunted stuff isn't used, we get a slot boost. At least it's something.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes we need more slots, definitely.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their statement said 700 was the performance cap for a housing instance, they havent responded to the question as to why classic homes cant have the cap increased to 700.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Their statement said 700 was the performance cap for a housing instance, they havent responded to the question as to why classic homes cant have the cap increased to 700.

In one other game I ran into issues when placing several objects very close together that it caused problems with those objects being rendered properly, meaning some of them did not get rendered and were there but invisible. I had to get creative with methods to remove those objects. I don’t know if something similar would happen in this game.

I can imagine that there might be problems with the ray tracing when several objects are close together as well.

It would be nice if the PTS were able to let players play around with the allotment of housing slots and see what other combination of housing slot types might be viable, or if increasing slots in smaller houses is an option as well. It could be a test bed for gathering more data on this.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They know
  • TigerDRena
    TigerDRena
    ✭✭
    I really hope the furniture slots can be increased, the current limits even with eso+ greatly affect the creativity of creating unique houses.

Currently I only own classic homes and their limit feels so little, if you want to properly decorate the garden and inside the house.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have not, as far as I am aware, answered the suggestion that the inside & outside of big houses could be considered separate instances, and thus separate limits.

I would be very happy to put up with a longer loading screen between inside & out if it enabled an increase.
  • TigerDRena
    TigerDRena
    ✭✭
    I mean, the outside and inside of the house seem to be separate instances, but can't tell for sure.
    I had tried with multiple huge furniture outside that were going through the house, but once inside, that furniture is not even there or visible.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inside and outside as one instance but separate cells. When you walk through a door you are effectively teleported to a different area of the map, usually below the outside area.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    They have not, as far as I am aware, answered the suggestion that the inside & outside of big houses could be considered separate instances, and thus separate limits.

I would be very happy to put up with a longer loading screen between inside & out if it enabled an increase.

You might be happy with it, but not everyone.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    That excuse they gave on "performance" inhibiting the number of slots is a complete lie, there's no reason why they can't increase the furnishing slots. The performance will not go down if the furnishing slots was increased.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That excuse they gave on "performance" inhibiting the number of slots is a complete lie, there's no reason why they can't increase the furnishing slots. The performance will not go down if the furnishing slots was increased.

It is very much a reason they can't.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!