The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lower Cost of Crown Crates

Rampeal
Rampeal
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a suggestion

1 Crown Crate - 300 crowns
4 Crown Crates - 1000
20 Crown Crates - 4000

This seems more fair in my opinion.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's considered "fair" is far too subjective to the single individual, and varies depending on their own circumstances. Therefor it's left to the companies to decide what's "fair" or "right", which is decided based upon if people are willing to pay for it or not. Evidently (since the prices aren't being lowered), it's a "good enough" price since people keep paying for it.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    What's considered "fair" is far too subjective to the single individual, and varies depending on their own circumstances. Therefor it's left to the companies to decide what's "fair" or "right", which is decided based upon if people are willing to pay for it or not. Evidently (since the prices aren't being lowered), it's a "good enough" price since people keep paying for it.

Agreed, @Thoragaal.

ZOS sets the price of Crown Crates based on their purchase data and demand ... not what players feel like is "fair".

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 23, 2020 4:05PM
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to this ZOS has attempted in the past to offer discounts on crown crates towards the end of their seasons to (I assume) check data on if it would improve their sales. While I agree that most of this data was poorly gathered since the deals themselves were usually only on the batch of 15 crates nonetheless it clearly still wasn't enough to merit them lowering the overall price.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thoragaal is correct. If the price is holding steady, or even increases, that says people are buying enough crates to justify the current price.

Besides, everyone gets a discount of ~40% iirc if they plan ahead and buy their crowns on sale.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    @Thoragaal is correct. If the price is holding steady, or even increases, that says people are buying enough crates to justify the current price.

Besides, everyone gets a discount of ~40% iirc if they plan ahead and buy their crowns on sale.

Just wish I knew when the next crown sale would be =)