The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Blighted Blastbones randomly failing

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As you can see from the pic, Blastbones is blacked out an unable to execute standing right in front of the trial dummy. This happens frequently during a parse. Usually bar swapping will fix it. Sometimes not.

bb.png
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Necromancer. This happens all the time with both morphs of Blastbones. We’ve been reporting it for over a year now, no word on a fix.
  • mzprx
    mzprx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm getting that during actual fights, never on a dummy. BB icon goes black and the skill won't fire until you swap bars, sometimes even after that. funny, a skill 100% locked behind a paywall, it's not working and nobody at @ZOS cares.

1sZbqqz.jpg
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a Necromancer thing since release, it's like BBs hitbox is shifted. Often I have to aim higher than with other abilities for it to light up.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get this randomly in any kind of combat. While relatively new to the Necromancer, I was aware of the issue. Figured the PTS was a good place to bring the subject up again. Can't be a hit box issue when it's just you and that big trial dummy. My guess it has to do with client/server communication. Given the random nature of it, it's probably hard to reproduce, and thereby fix. Would likely be helpful if someone could reproduce the issue consistently with a given set up steps, other than just playing the class.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is more noticeable on my necro because I cast BB every 3 seconds, but I see this happen with other skills on my other classes as well.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    This is a Necromancer thing since release, it's like BBs hitbox is shifted. Often I have to aim higher than with other abilities for it to light up.

This man knows. You have to "look up" or "aim higher". That fixes it 99% of the times for me.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been having this bug since greymoor launched for me.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed lately that Blastbones is very sensitive to problematic animation cancelling and not in the good way -

If I do "something else" too quickly, it doesn't fire off at all.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I noticed lately that Blastbones is very sensitive to problematic animation cancelling and not in the good way -

If I do "something else" too quickly, it doesn't fire off at all.

same.....tis frustrating
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah with BB, two things are turning out to be important

1-watch that (skill) box, don't bother firing unless/until it "lights up"

2-Until I actually SEE the swirl of "it's starting" DON'T do anything else

That being said, it's hilarious fun in Battlegrounds when I'm defending a relic
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis