The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thrassian Stranglers 6.1.1 - What is the goal for this set?

• Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    1) Get rid of the killing blow feature. It makes the set weird in groups and makes it feel like it was intended for solo play.
    2) Limit stacks to 20.
    3) Keep the 1:1% ratio for buff/debuff.
    4) Reduce resistances by 1% each stack.
    5) All self-healing converts to damage equal to 1% of the healing per stack.

This prevents you from self-healing and makes you more vulnerable to damage while giving more dps.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is the goal for this set?

To make you go fishing and then feel sorry.

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Get rid of the killing blow feature. It makes the set weird in groups and makes it feel like it was intended for solo play.
    2) Limit stacks to 20.

This prevents you from self-healing and makes you more vulnerable to damage while giving more dps.

The bold part is how I understood the dev's note.

• Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    2) Limit stacks to 20.

The bold part is how I understood the dev's note.

That or they only expected one person to slot it in group play, which is still a silly thought process.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion is to:

1) get rid of the KB requirement
    2) keep stacks at 20
    3) keep 2% damage taken per stack
    4) reduce to 30 spell damage per stack (600 total)

The primary issue is that it's WAY TOO STRONG for the penalty. My raid team is doing no death trifecta achievements with full stacks. That's absurd. And the KB requirement means you spend the first half of the raid fighting with your teammates for KBs. That's equally absurd.

This SINGLE ITEM should not be the strongest set in the game by a ridiculous margin. IIRC the break even point for Thrassian VS monster set is about 450 spell damage. Therefore, cap it at 600 spell damage or so. Make it worth running if you can get full stacks, but not the end of the world if you need to run a monster set instead. I thought balance is about having OPTIONS.

And honestly, ZOS's balance philosophy drives me up the wall. There will always be a meta, period. There will always be a few sets that literally everyone and their uncle runs because it's meta. Nerfing a meta set because everyone uses it doesn't actually fix anything, it just means some other set will become the one that everyone uses.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set will never be balanced as long as it's a rule breaker and doesn't adhere to the damage-sustain relationship that all other sets in the game do.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My suggestion is to:

1) get rid of the KB requirement
    2) keep stacks at 20
    3) keep 2% damage taken per stack
    4) reduce to 30 spell damage per stack (600 total)

The primary issue is that it's WAY TOO STRONG for the penalty. My raid team is doing no death trifecta achievements with full stacks. That's absurd. And the KB requirement means you spend the first half of the raid fighting with your teammates for KBs. That's equally absurd.

This SINGLE ITEM should not be the strongest set in the game by a ridiculous margin. IIRC the break even point for Thrassian VS monster set is about 450 spell damage. Therefore, cap it at 600 spell damage or so. Make it worth running if you can get full stacks, but not the end of the world if you need to run a monster set instead. I thought balance is about having OPTIONS.

And honestly, ZOS's balance philosophy drives me up the wall. There will always be a meta, period. There will always be a few sets that literally everyone and their uncle runs because it's meta. Nerfing a meta set because everyone uses it doesn't actually fix anything, it just means some other set will become the one that everyone uses.

I think both lowering the damage and reducing the damage taken is the correct call. 10 Stacks at 60 SD/WD per would be fine and 2% damage. It would cap out at 600 and 20% respectively.

10 stacks means less fighting over kills to max it out. I also think they should forget about this whole idea of wanting us to lose the buff/debuff to avoid spike damage. No matter what they do players are going to try to max it out and keep it as long as it is BiS.
    Playing since beta...