The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are current PvE mainstream meta sets done for good?

SkyMagpie
SkyMagpie
✭✭✭
Don't have the ability to test out on PTS at the moment, but seeing that all these popular meta sets that haven't gone out of fashion for 1-2 years now (Relequen, Olorime, False God, Lokke) got hit, especially Lokke so like are other previously considered niche sets kinda outperforming them? Like is mainstream meta finally brought down, or do you think these will still prevail? I spent a good time stocking up on niche sets I played for fun and it will be interesting to actually see something else be BiS for PvE or at least on par with what was considered a must have by most top players.
  • DomstarX
    DomstarX
    ✭✭
    The mentioned sets will all still be meta but you will lose DPS so some currently situational sets might see more play. Lokke will perform the same in coordinated groups with lots of synergies. Relequen nerf was needed for a long time now but it still hits like a truck if you are using it right. Olorime needs more coordination from groups but does the same as before and False God (and i know that this is controversial) nerf is also fine because it always had one additional stat line over multiple other trial sets.
    Edited by DomstarX on July 22, 2020 11:19AM
    PS5 - EU
    PvE DK Main
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamsorc, I lost dummy dps, still using Relequen+Lokkestiiz. Lokke will be as efficient in groups (less for solo parses), and Relequen is still the best solo target option, but the other options are closer now.

The PTS is too laggy for me and it gets really frustrating really fast so I didn't extensively test. But I could pull at least 82-83k dps, while my best on live is 89k, with the same build.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    As a stamsorc, I lost dummy dps, still using Relequen+Lokkestiiz. Lokke will be as efficient in groups (less for solo parses), and Relequen is still the best solo target option, but the other options are closer now.

The PTS is too laggy for me and it gets really frustrating really fast so I didn't extensively test. But I could pull at least 82-83k dps, while my best on live is 89k, with the same build.

I always figured war machine would been a better choice due to stam sorcs doing dawnbreaker and the ult cost reduction making it a fast uptime. I ay far too much solo ssdly to benefit lokke
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we consider the changes coming to War Machine, the reduced cost will not help that much.

I only use Dawnbreaker on trash packs, or at the start of execute. Otherwise, it's the Greater Atro, for the synergy and high solo target dps.
    Edited by Elwendryll on July 22, 2020 3:31PM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • SkyMagpie
    SkyMagpie
    ✭✭✭
    I see, I mean I thought they would remain just lately the new trial and dungeon sets are kinda niche so I was thinking ZoS is going to force us to start using them instead of sticking to the old mainstream meta, but seeing how we got the Summerset event coming, there will be some Relequen and Olorime farming I am sure.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don’t think False Gods will see much use after this change. How often do you see VO? The extra stat line on PFGD was the only reason it was competing with sets like BSW, and with its removal it will fall behind them for damage.

I can see it being useful for things like arenas or trash fights for the burst sustain, but for boss fights PFGD is now worse than Moondancer in both damage and sustain, and for just damage Siroria is a far better option (more forgiving to movement now too).
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I don’t think False Gods will see much use after this change. How often do you see VO? The extra stat line on PFGD was the only reason it was competing with sets like BSW, and with its removal it will fall behind them for damage.

I can see it being useful for things like arenas or trash fights for the burst sustain, but for boss fights PFGD is now worse than Moondancer in both damage and sustain, and for just damage Siroria is a far better option (more forgiving to movement now too).

The VO comparison is ZOS logic and has very little to do with the set in practice.

Ultimately, we're talking about lost 1096 magicka. The non-perfected version lost 129 spell damage. Effectively the perfected version on PTS is the non-perfected version on Live. The real nerf is to the normal drop which now not only loses out on magicka, but also spell damage in comparison to live. So people in non-perfected will have to grind vSS to regain the power they've lost.

The way forward is clearly Siroria in either case. I mean, if we're honest about it, what was false god really other than a shiny retooled version of julianos?
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 22, 2020 3:26PM