The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Inhale

lucky_Sage
lucky_Sage
✭✭✭✭✭
The deep breathe morph still won’t see much use the dmg isnt high enough with it being split with the first hit and explosion even with the buff.
Would need even more of a buff roughly another 25% or increase dmg by 100% under x% hp as a pseudo execute
The dmg from first hit could be removed and just a heal
Edited by lucky_Sage on July 22, 2020 2:24AM
DC PC NA
Magdk - main
Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
magdk
magblade
stamplar
magden
magsorc

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my inhale.

Inhale to leap to whip. Mmmmmm
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its because the skill heals.

any skill that has done both healing and damage has been gutted or removed over the years, add the fact that its AoE to the equation and its going to be a dry fart of a skill, as even just damage AoE skills like impulse are garbage.

my ideal solution?

get rid of the heal

have the inhale act as a proxy det effect, each target hit increases the damage of the exhale portion.

it keeps its thematic effect and becomes a solid AoE damage skill, with the counter play in PvP of seeing the inhale effect going off and being able to move away from or block the explosion, would actually be a great edit of the skill.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to do more if the dmg from the first hit and the explosion was it hit it would be a solid hit but with it split with the heal it’s weak I’ve tried to use is builds just doesn’t do much even on pts with buff
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with you respectfully. The heal allows for mass healing when facing mass numbers of opposite team players. Now keep in mind you cant spam it and expect to win against those odds alone, but you can use it and hopefully allow a fellow team member to attack as u r being focused.

With regard to your comment about damage and making it into a proxy...the game already has a proxy its called prox det. Inhale is a unique skill to the dk class. My magic tank uses it as well as my damage dealer when the content requires it. so it has uses for sure.

the heal alone against one player is super weak. so it is not an OP skill by far. the damage is not outrageous either...BUT...when timed correctly a inhale to leap to powerlash is a very nice burst combo.

Inhale IS NOT CHEAP so a dk using it is burning through his magic pool. i see a very well balanced skill for a class.

again all these comments are meant respectfully, not trying to argue, i main a MDK and dont want the class to be over-buffed and then nerfd into the ground like it did after 1.5 Patch. we MDKs are just now able to come back and pvp on an even playing field...almost that is.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    The deep breathe morph still won’t see much use the dmg isnt high enough with it being split with the first hit and explosion even with the buff.
    Would need even more of a buff roughly another 25% or increase dmg by 100% under x% hp as a pseudo execute
    The dmg from first hit could be removed and just a heal

I did you inhale a while ago, it is a great skill but I couldn't figure out a way to use it in either PvP or PvE. This change is most welcome, and do not forget that the skill can hit unlimited targets, that is part of its power. A go change of the skill is to remove the condition for the skill to activate if you hit a target. Currently, you need to hit someone from the furst tick of inhale to get the explosion, it is not possible sometimes and it ruins potentiol burst combos for dragonknight in PvP.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhale is very useful in PvP, the healing morph is more useful for me personally but the interrupt is very nice on the now "damage" morph, but I feel as if the interrupt should be base morph.. since it's not really relatable to the damage morph and also just fits the theme of the base skill.

In PvE it's incredibly niche especially veteran content as a DPS, the most I use it for is as a self-heal when I know I need to heal and there will be things in ranged and AoE fights.. which usually a different skill is much better to use I just use it for the fun.. but it's not all that useful.

Would love to see a morph that acts like a DoT around the caster, so the damage morph, let's just agree it's underwhelming.. so make it into something more useful like do multiple burst after the initial inhale. It doesn't have to heal any more, I don't care since this is the damage morph, but it would be nice to have a useful AoE DoT that is useful to a melee class in PvE.
    For PvP that morph would also be useful, be a bit like Grothdar without the set.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.