Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how to ban dungeon boss bots?

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhilda wrote: »

And this is why I laugh at players like you, you hope by reporting others they would give you more powers, this is why you do it not for the better for the game but the hopes of getting some power.

P.S I will not be intimidated by someone threatening me with a reporting of my name when I'm innocent, so I will never accept orders from some other players while I'm playing solo.

I'm sorry, but please don't ascribe motivation to me when you have never met me, nor know anything at all about me.
    My "motivation" isn't about your perception of "power"...it's about helping make a game I care about and want to see succeed someplace great to play for everyone.
    It's about helping to enforce the rules, when it's clear they're overwhelmed.

I'm not "ordering" anyone to do anything. I'm -asking-. Nicely, I might add. Politely and respectfully. However, you probably have difficulty even pronouncing those words, much less grasping their concept.

I have no desire to report anyone legitimately playing the game. Honest. I want to help get rid of the bots and spammers, that's it. That's my sole motivation. Enforcing the rules, not breaking them.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm still waiting for Dunhilda answer to my question > http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/680046/#Comment_680046 ...seems like Dunhilda is not enjoying very much the idea of reporting cheaters.
  • Melian
    Melian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use a DK's chain or an ability with knockback to move the boss, then watch and see how many people just stand there swinging at nothing, not even moving to loot. In my experience, it's most of them. That's who I report.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal solution is to put a timer on the players, not the boss. If you participate in a boss kill 3 times in an hour, then you get a cooldown on that boss. You can't damage that boss any longer for an hour. But the boss can still kill you all day long. In fact, that might work better - an hour-long 100% damage shield for the boss that bounces everything you throw at it back at you, including "unresistable" damage.

I think that would take care of it. It lets players do a little bit of farming. It guards against those bosses that respawn instantly. That's happened to me a couple of times. But you get your loot, you get your experience, you get your dungeon credit, and then you move on.
    Edited by BoloBoffin on April 21, 2014 5:35AM
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.