Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how to ban dungeon boss bots?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
will it help to report the bots at the end of the dungeons?
i've been completely unable to kill one single boss at the end of the dungeons, and just a while ago i met other players with the same problem and i was informed that all those guys together killing the bosses in less than 1 second are bots. after knowing that i kept watching the behavior of those cheaters killing the bosses and the game, and i found out that it was quite easy to identify which ones are the bots. so, now, i'd really like to know if it helps to report those cheaters to ban them or not.
Edited by NeKryXe on April 18, 2014 8:06PM
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it helps. I know initially I would sit there for a few minutes and report everyone I could effectively mouse over (since that's the only way I know how to report). I gave up when I just noticed the same exact behavior in like every dungeon.

From what I understand, and this is ***, all they're doing is farming filled soul gems to vendor (since they're guaranteed drop and vendor for a decent amount).
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it might not seem like it, I do believe the reports help get the bots banned.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/74534/taking-action-against-cheaters-in-eso
    [DC/NA]
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    So, I've encountered this and it is quite annoying, however you should be able to complete the dungeon. All you need is a instant cast ability (preferably with some aoe capability). Figure out where the boss is going to spawn and activate as soon as you see it (or do what I do, keep clicking the button rapid fire so it goes off as soon as the boss appears.

All you need is one hit and you get credit
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, i've been able to complete the dungeons doing nothing, that's the problem, i like to do the things i'm supposed to do when playing my game, not watch bots doing my game :\

i never get the "one hit" it's impossible, the bots are too fast.
    Edited by NeKryXe on April 18, 2014 8:21PM
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I report them but it obviously isn't helping.

They are going to add a timer to how often a boss drops loot. Personally just avoiding dungeons until that gets pushed to the live server. Did 3 dungeons and couldn't get loot from any of the 3 bosses because bots were too fast.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely have problems getting loot when I meet bots, it's just a matter of using an instant cast spell and waiting for the boss to spawn. But, in some circumstances I'll pull a bunch of nearby enemies to the bots to distract them, or perhaps even kill them. Then, while the bots are busy fighting the other guys, the boss spawns and I can get enough hits to loot it. It takes some timing but it works. Just agro some enemies, run in the middle of the bots, and block.
    [DC/NA]
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a guy selling a stack of 30 filled soul gems for something absurd like 2k in Zone chat. I don't know that he actually sold it, but LOL.

I think that people should be careful about judging whether someone is a bot or not simply by "observing their behavior".

I usually will the farm the boss until I get the blue item to drop, which usually takes me anywhere from 1-10 tries. Now granted, unlike most of the derps sitting there, I move around a lot and do things you wouldn't expect from a bot.

That doesn't mean everyone standing there not jumping around like an idiot is a bot.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    I report them but it obviously isn't helping.

They are going to add a timer to how often a boss drops loot. Personally just avoiding dungeons until that gets pushed to the live server. Did 3 dungeons and couldn't get loot from any of the 3 bosses because bots were too fast.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that until I saw your post as I don't regularly check the dev tracker. Looks like this situation will resolve itself shortly.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bots I've seen tend to either just sit in one place, or they will have a resting place that they try to return to. They attack an enemy, run to its corpse, loot and then return to their original position, usually facing the same direction they were before.

Their movements and reactions are extremely mechanical if you watch them for a few boss spawns. It's really easy to identify them, it's even noticeable when the bots controller comes back and starts moving them in a more natural way, before teleporting out.
    [DC/NA]
  • Morridune
    Morridune
    ✭✭
    I dont know much of a faff it would be for them to implement but i think they should set the boss like the story area's once you've completed it you dont get to see it no more, yeh i know this means that there will be some cave's were ppl just get crappy drops and can't farm the nicer 1's but it would certainly beat this having to stand around at the end for 20mins trying to get 1 hit in just to complete the cave and move on with you're game
  • loudent
    loudent
    ✭✭✭
    Morridune wrote: »
    I dont know much of a faff it would be for them to implement but i think they should set the boss like the story area's once you've completed it you dont get to see it no more, yeh i know this means that there will be some cave's were ppl just get crappy drops and can't farm the nicer ones

Perhaps they could make it so you only see the boss once per entrance into the dungeon. So, if you wanted to you could run back out and then back in. Not that that couldn't be botted either but may make it harder
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morridune wrote: »
    I dont know much of a faff it would be for them to implement but i think they should set the boss like the story area's once you've completed it you dont get to see it no more, yeh i know this means that there will be some cave's were ppl just get crappy drops and can't farm the nicer 1's but it would certainly beat this having to stand around at the end for 20mins trying to get 1 hit in just to complete the cave and move on with you're game

Or you could, like, ask the people farming to hold back for a boss or two so you can loot. I've seen people ask for this and the people camping are usually very happy to let others get some loot.

The bots on the other hand need to be nuked into Oblivion. So report them as you see them.
    [DC/NA]
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.
    Source: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78524/upcoming-patch-highlights-in-progress-updates/
    Edited by Sarenia on April 18, 2014 9:07PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    Or you could, like, ask the people farming to hold back for a boss or two so you can loot. I've seen people ask for this and the people camping are usually very happy to let others get some loot.

i tried that without any luck before i knew that they were cheaters using bots.
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    They said in the patch notes they will be introducing a loot timer on dungeon bosses. Until then, just get a fire staff and aoe the boss when it appears. All you need to do is hit it and you can loot and scoot.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coggage wrote: »
    They said in the patch notes they will be introducing a loot timer on dungeon bosses. Until then, just get a fire staff and aoe the boss when it appears. All you need to do is hit it and you can loot and scoot.

Not true I'm afraid.

I think you need to do a certain percentage of damage as well. I've repeatedly got a hit on 4 separate dungeon bosses in a row now, and haven't gotten so much as 1 gold coin.

That's doing everything from power attacks to ultimates. Either I have the worst luck in history, or you need to manage to do a certain % of damage before the bots kill it -- which is about a 4 second window, give or take 3 seconds.

The sad thing is they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they're bots. They all pile on top of each other perfectly, they all attack the precise nanosecond it spawns, and they almost all have names like "dsalhadgsa". It would take just one Zenimax employee hopping between boss spawns and banning the obvious cheaters.

The loot timer is all well and good, but it doesn't punish the people who have been destroying our gaming experience in the meanwhile. They'll just walk away with their coin purses overflowing and jump on the next exploit. Or maybe not -- some of them will be smart enough to cut their losses and walk away rich, with no risk of repercussions for their former actions.

I guess it pays to be bad.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 19, 2014 12:18AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Korusus
    Korusus
    ✭✭
    crush83 wrote: »
    I saw a guy selling a stack of 30 filled soul gems for something absurd like 2k in Zone chat. I don't know that he actually sold it, but LOL.

I think that people should be careful about judging whether someone is a bot or not simply by "observing their behavior".

I usually will the farm the boss until I get the blue item to drop, which usually takes me anywhere from 1-10 tries. Now granted, unlike most of the derps sitting there, I move around a lot and do things you wouldn't expect from a bot.

That doesn't mean everyone standing there not jumping around like an idiot is a bot.

You do realize that it's incredibly easy to tell bots from farmers right? All you have to do is look at them from a distance, the synchronization of the biting jabs (templar ability) activated at the microsecond the boss spawns tells you everything you need to know. Not even farmers can compete with that.

Being a templar myself I tried to time my own biting jabs to correspond to theirs...impossible. The boss is dead before my biting jabs has a chance to even go off. It's microsecond precision and synchronization.
    Edited by Korusus on April 19, 2014 2:00AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    I think you need to do a certain percentage of damage as well. I've repeatedly got a hit on 4 separate dungeon bosses in a row now, and haven't gotten so much as 1 gold coin.

That's doing everything from power attacks to ultimates. Either I have the worst luck in history, or you need to manage to do a certain % of damage before the bots kill it -- which is about a 4 second window, give or take 3 seconds.

The sad thing is they aren't even trying to hide the fact that they're bots. They all pile on top of each other perfectly, they all attack the precise nanosecond it spawns, and they almost all have names like "dsalhadgsa". It would take just one Zenimax employee hopping between boss spawns and banning the obvious cheaters.

The loot timer is all well and good, but it doesn't punish the people who have been destroying our gaming experience in the meanwhile. They'll just walk away with their coin purses overflowing and jump on the next exploit. Or maybe not -- some of them will be smart enough to cut their losses and walk away rich, with no risk of repercussions for their former actions.

I guess it pays to be bad.

i couldn't agree more. i've trying all the tactics i know of and can imagine, all morning, and i couldn't get one single drop even when i'm able to hit the boss a few times. the cheaters are take it all, it's pretty easy to ban them all in a few hours of little work for one single Zenimax employee, and they are doing nothing. protecting the cheaters is the best way to kill an expensive game.
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    it's pretty easy to ban them all in a few hours of little work for one single Zenimax employee, and they are doing nothing. protecting the cheaters is the best way to kill an expensive game.

Although I think more should have been done to prepare for this during development, what you say isn't really true. You sit there in your instance and think 'it would only take one employee to see this lot and ban them' but there are thousands of instances where the same thing is happening at the same time. It would take an army of GMs to police it all as you say; and armies don't come cheap.
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    i've been completely unable to kill one single boss at the end of the dungeons, and just a while ago i met other players with the same problem and i was informed that all those guys together killing the bosses in less than 1 second are bots. after knowing that i kept watching the behavior of those cheaters killing the bosses and the game, and i found out that it was quite easy to identify which ones are the bots. so, now, i'd really like to know if it helps to report those cheaters to ban them or not.

Did you know a player can mimic a bot action easily when tried? Hell going to work at 6 AM in the morning every day I kept the same action everyday with out fail, guess I'm a human robot, world first android!

Simply watching someone don't tell you they are a bot, you must try to talk to them, and guess what some dislike talking back and are anti-social.
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    You don't even need to watch. If you mouse over someone and their name is a variation of "cydhn ahffdg," then you found yourself a bot.
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    You don't even need to watch. If you mouse over someone and their name is a variation of "cydhn ahffdg," then you found yourself a bot.

Exactly.

This is a black and white kind of thing. The cases where I have seen involve 6-8 characters literally standing on top of each other with names like "jhjgkh" and kjkjjjn". They are clearly bots. Not players farming, but bots. And they are monopolizing loot. Yes, you can usually get a tag in if you really try a few times and get the completion for the dungeon but with the way these bots are working you will never have a chance for an ounce of loot from the boss. And it's obvious they are bots. The actual players are talking about them in the "/say" in the dungeon -- these aren't groups of players farming, they are bots.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunhilda wrote: »
    Did you know a player can mimic a bot action easily when tried?

are you really asking this?

so let me ask you something... why would a lot of guys quit playing just to enjoy to mimic bots for hours and hours repeating the same actions in the same place? - ok, i understand that you can argument that it's possible to find some players with schizophrenia or something, but, anyway... do you really believe that all those hundreds of players on the dungeons killing bots over and over for hours and hours may all be real players with schizophrenia? O_o
    Edited by NeKryXe on April 20, 2014 12:46AM
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    My husband and I noticed that the miniboss respawn would stop once we reported one of the bots. I think they are keeping a close eye on reports of exploiters.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My husband and I noticed that the miniboss respawn would stop once we reported one of the bots. I think they are keeping a close eye on reports of exploiters.

I noticed this too. Spawning would stop until a new player entered the room. I've also noticed a bot by the door of every dungeon, just running into the wall, or back and forth lately.

I've started telling people in /say that I'm reporting the bots, and if they want to avoid getting lumped in with them, to please move away from the boss spawn. Most people have been happy to oblige. I then amble around, getting all the names I can from the bots and writing them down. I then announce the names I've written down, saying "I'm reporting these names, if you're not a bot, and your name is on the list, say something now or you're reported along with them." and then list the names. Then I mass report the lot of them and tag the boss once for dungeon completion and move on.

I'd happily accept the responsibility of a volunteer GM position to help eradicate these vermin from our game.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    While it might not seem like it, I do believe the reports help get the bots banned.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/74534/taking-action-against-cheaters-in-eso
    Yes they tend to ban in batches, nice to find the tools the bots are using and the networks,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Topher
    Topher
    ✭✭
    what is the best way in game to report bots? for that matter..what about the gold sellers? They totally clog every citys chat with spam..now..if you take the time to diligently ignore every single spammer, after 20 mins or so your chat is relatively clean and free of gold spammers. But then you have to repeat this action in every city....gets old.

I want to be able to take more immediate, decisive action. Any ideas I am all ears. I hate the idea of the gold spam/sellers. It ruins games. If we take a united stance AGAINST the whole system of gold selling by prosecuting both SELLERS AND BUYERS...I think we could fix the problem. The people who buy the gold are as much to blame as the sellers. Is there a method of punishment for anyone involved in the gold selling industry? How can we, as players, police it? A neighborhood watch type thing...I have no qualms about reporting every single gold seller/buyer I see...
    Uncle Topher
    Elder Moot :: Council of Nine
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    The people who buy the gold are as much to blame as the sellers. Is there a method of punishment for anyone involved in the gold selling industry? How can we, as players, police it

How would you the players know if someone bought gold? You wont therefore you don't worry yourself about it, Cut the supply off.

Think of it like the drug user and dealers arresting the drug user solves nothing the drug dealer is still dealing his drugs, for this lets say the drug users with smoking weed ( So no addictive needs)
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭

I noticed this too. Spawning would stop until a new player entered the room. I've also noticed a bot by the door of every dungeon, just running into the wall, or back and forth lately.

I've started telling people in /say that I'm reporting the bots, and if they want to avoid getting lumped in with them, to please move away from the boss spawn. Most people have been happy to oblige. I then amble around, getting all the names I can from the bots and writing them down. I then announce the names I've written down, saying "I'm reporting these names, if you're not a bot, and your name is on the list, say something now or you're reported along with them." and then list the names. Then I mass report the lot of them and tag the boss once for dungeon completion and move on.

I'd happily accept the responsibility of a volunteer GM position to help eradicate these vermin from our game.

And this is why I laugh at players like you, you hope by reporting others they would give you more powers, this is why you do it not for the better for the game but the hopes of getting some power.

P.S I will not be intimidated by someone threatening me with a reporting of my name when I'm innocent, so I will never accept orders from some other players while I'm playing solo.

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is unacceptable, the population of cheaters is growing day after day. i visited a few dungeons today and all of them were had even more bots than yesterday. it become so obviously easy to identify the cheaters that it's impossible to accept that zenimax is doing nothing to solve it. they shouldn't be only banning the characters but all the account of those cheaters, unless they prefer to keep those users and lose the honest players.

i have 15 days of game time remaining, which means that in two week i'll probably abandon this game if those cheaters are not banned.