The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Housing slots

Colinr1968
Colinr1968
✭✭
I have the psijic villa on console I've seen loads nice places clearly have more than 700 items or this done with video editing,I want mine look great but 700 not enough need least 1400 slots in that place.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The max is 700 slots, console and PC alike.
  • Colinr1968
    Colinr1968
    ✭✭
    I know I'm saying is more needed to make it look good
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colinr1968 wrote: »

Sure.
    But as far as we know, nothing has changed since February: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/512076/february-2020-furnishing-limit-status-update

Its not the answer either of us want, and ZOS knows that, but its the answer we've been given.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Colinr1968 wrote: »

Yeah, on the whole I think it's best to avoid the big Manors/Notables.

With the exception of somewhere like Topal, due to the fact that it only has 5 huts on it, four small platform areas and a paved (or is it dried mud?!) area by the lake.

So, as long as you don't mind leaving the rest of the outside fairly natural (it's beautiful already), it's pretty doable.

Normally, I work on the assumption of 100 slots per fairly large sized room.

That is normally more than enough and then you have a few slots over for a few plants and outdoor furnishings.

Clearly, Psijic has way more than 7 fairly large sized rooms.

Probably more like the equivalent of 16, in fact.

So, you're probably spot on (or even under, slightly) with the 1400 slot suggestion.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 29, 2020 2:14AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way to gain more slots is too remove some of the many weeds, rocks and shrubs that come with the house
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep just double the limit on all homes.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep ignore what ZoS said, players across the board still want more furnishing slots, and no good reason has been given as to why the caps haven't been raised. Performance, as they said, is not a reason at all.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep ignore what ZoS said, players across the board still want more furnishing slots, and no good reason has been given as to why the caps haven't been raised. Performance, as they said, is not a reason at all.

Yes it is.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it is.

WELL Not everyone in the community ask for 1400 slot, some of us barely want 100/200 more item.
    The difference of performance between 700 slot and 800 is not noticeable, so yeah THERE'S NO REAL EXCUSE for not raising the cap.
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asdara wrote: »

Yes it is.

WELL Not everyone in the community ask for 1400 slot, some of us barely want 100/200 more item.
    The difference of performance between 700 slot and 800 is not noticeable, so yeah THERE'S NO REAL EXCUSE for not raising the cap.

I would take as little as 10 more in inn rooms and as little as 50 more in 600/700 slot houses.

Even that would make a big difference, if it's just a question of adding a few more details, to make a place feel a little more lived-in.

Obviously, ideally, it would be 100, or 200, more in the biggest houses, but I would be happy with 50.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 5, 2020 11:23AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

From my experience, there are only so many braziers and fountains you can have, in one place, before some of the animations start to not show.

You still have the light/water sound, but the animation ceases to appear.

So, I can see why they might be reluctant to up the limit for any kind of furnishing.

However, that (almost certainly) doesn't mean they couldn't allow people to place 50 extra non animated things, over and above the 700 limit.
    Edited by Tigerseye on August 5, 2020 11:31AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously there were issues when over 700 slots and they weren't gonna give classic and notables the same cap so that's why classic is 600 and not 700 like notables. They said before that once over 700 they started having instability. They know we want more and there is no financial benefit to limiting notables to 700
    Edited by volkeswagon on August 7, 2020 12:29AM
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously there were issues when over 700 slots and they weren't gonna give classic and notables the same cap so that's why classic is 600 and not 700 like notables. They said before that once over 700 they started having instability. They know we want more and there is no financial benefit to limiting notables to 700

My hope is that these limitations are a direct cause of console performances, since we now know for sure that eso will on the next gen console i hope this will make them re-consider the slot cap
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have been furnishing Black Vine Villa for a new character and got the inside nicely furnished and not over the top for 150ish items.
    I went on the pts to do the garden area and made it exactly how I wanted for another 150 items.
    Trouble is the item limit is only 200 for the entire house so I need 100+ items. I thought I was quite frugal with the interior too.