The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

pts: Impenetrable: Reduced the Critical Resistance granted to 127, down from 172.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all the emphasis on Malacath I wonder how long till it gets "adjusted".
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    It’s literally because with typical setup and the battle spirit buff you got like 3800 crit resist. So instead of touching the battle spirit crit resist granted they decided to go with the trait.

If my math is correct people will still have like 3300-3400 crit resist with this change if they kept old builds.

You're about 500 points off. How do you calculate such ridiculous numbers?
    (o_ô)
    Because I include CP.

Can you be a bit more detailed, please?

Currently on live you run all impen and put like 47 or so points into resistant cp it gets you to 3800ish. I’ve personally dropped 20-25 points from this passive and I still had 3300ish crit resist. - ON LIVE

If you run 7 impen on pts with the old 47ish number you will be around 3300ish

47 points are excessive. With full impen and 26 points in Resistant you get to the 3300 crit resist mark, negating base crit bonus damage. Above that, you're better off putting the points in the other defensive stars. Live, of course.

I clearly stated 47 was what I had before they added the base impen. I also said I dropped 20-25 points from it to get to 3300ish crit resist. So what are you not understanding?

All you will have to do is go back to loading it to 47 or so and you will be back to 3300 with full impen.

First of all, RUDE! >=C
    Second, no. You stated 47 points gave you 3800 points crit resist and that would be the norm for Cyrodiil. It's not. The other resistance stars are more consistent, thus you don't put too many points in Resistance. That's why the nerf to impen remains a nerf to crit resist. The star does not change. People will simply have less crit resist now, which is an indirect nerf to Malacath.

So like what exactly are you trying to argue?

Everything I said is true and impen values are way higher with the base impen added

I was arguing that your numbers were inflated, they are even lower on PTS now and non-Malacath builds will be stronger now.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s literally because with typical setup and the battle spirit buff you got like 3800 crit resist. So instead of touching the battle spirit crit resist granted they decided to go with the trait.

If my math is correct people will still have like 3300-3400 crit resist with this change if they kept old builds.

You're about 500 points off. How do you calculate such ridiculous numbers?
    (o_ô)
    Because I include CP.

Can you be a bit more detailed, please?

Currently on live you run all impen and put like 47 or so points into resistant cp it gets you to 3800ish. I’ve personally dropped 20-25 points from this passive and I still had 3300ish crit resist. - ON LIVE

If you run 7 impen on pts with the old 47ish number you will be around 3300ish

47 points are excessive. With full impen and 26 points in Resistant you get to the 3300 crit resist mark, negating base crit bonus damage. Above that, you're better off putting the points in the other defensive stars. Live, of course.

I clearly stated 47 was what I had before they added the base impen. I also said I dropped 20-25 points from it to get to 3300ish crit resist. So what are you not understanding?

All you will have to do is go back to loading it to 47 or so and you will be back to 3300 with full impen.

First of all, RUDE! >=C
    Second, no. You stated 47 points gave you 3800 points crit resist and that would be the norm for Cyrodiil. It's not. The other resistance stars are more consistent, thus you don't put too many points in Resistance. That's why the nerf to impen remains a nerf to crit resist. The star does not change. People will simply have less crit resist now, which is an indirect nerf to Malacath.

So like what exactly are you trying to argue?

Everything I said is true and impen values are way higher with the base impen added

I was arguing that your numbers were inflated, they are even lower on PTS now and non-Malacath builds will be stronger now.

My numbers on live are not inflated, haven’t been on pts but if my math is correct the pts numbers will be about what I say with 7 impen and 47 roughly into the cp passive will be about 3300 so neither of the statements are false, the numbers may be slightly off tho.

Nothing I’ve said had anything to do with malacath and such. I was just stating the numbers and why the impen trait was further reduced.

[snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 16, 2020 3:48PM