Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mute Glitch?

Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I need some help from anyone at Zenimax here... I was whispering my best friend when suddenly I was muted in game. No trading, guild stores, whispering, zone chat, say, yell, or invitations to guilds. I checked my email to see if it was a disciplinary action of some sort, but there was nothing, no warning, no message, not a word. I don't know where else to go with this for help, as it's been five days already with no answer to my ticket, and I would dearly love to know if I did something wrong, or at least if my ticket is in the right place. I miss my eso friends quite badly... Ticket number is 200710-008265. Again, if it's some sort of disciplinary action, I'll not challenge it here, but it didn't seem as such with the lack of an attached email. If it's some sort of glitch, I would like developers to be aware of it.
Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna

Best Answer

• ZOS_Chiroptera
    ZOS_Chiroptera
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @Suna_Ye_Sunnabe, we have taken a look at your ticket and it is in the right place. A support agent will reach out soon.

Please be advised that we are experiencing higher than normal contact volumes and, as a result, wait times will be longer.

Thank you for understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Chiroptera Thank you for looking, much appreciated
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • kas447
    kas447
    ✭✭
    Hi @Suna_Ye_Sunnabe, it appears you may also have the same mysterious "social ban" as my entire family currently has. A quick forum search will show dozens of tickets regarding this, some who have had it multiple times.

Chances are you will never know why it happened, not be able to prevent it from happening in the future, and wait several days/weeks to get it removed (We've been waiting almost a week so far). Just consider it a feature of the game.

Some food for thought, I have removed all of my add-ons in case one of them somehow triggered this feature. Might be worth considering, or might make no difference whatsoever. Your guess is as good as everyone else who somehow ends up here 8-)

--Kas447
  • kas447
    kas447
    ✭✭
    And just to let you know you are not alone, there are currently 27 tickets on the first forum page (not counting pinned posts), 11 of those are "social ban" tickets that's roughly 41% of the total ticket volume. I would normally suggest you check the "Common questions" pinned thread, but it isn't mentioned there, even though it seems common.

So messages such as:

Please be advised that we are experiencing higher than normal contact volumes and, as a result, wait times will be longer.

Thank you for understanding.

...are largely self inflicted.

Good luck to you!

--Kas447

Edited by kas447 on July 15, 2020 8:23PM
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kas447 I'm playing on Xbox right now, so no add ons. Thank you though. It's both good to know I'm not the only one, and disheartening, as this is the fourth time now of this happening, and I haven't any idea how to prevent it or what I've done.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • kas447
    kas447
    ✭✭
    Hi @Suna_Ye_Sunnabe,

Just curious if you got your social ban lifted? Also, is your Internet connection pretty solid or do you experience periods of high latency (ping) I'm on PC/Mac so I'm unsure how you could check that on Xbox, but it could be a commonality for all the folks getting social bans, especially multiple bans.

--Kas447
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kas447 No, it hasn't been lifted, and not a word from Zos about it. My internet connection is serviceable; not incredible, but fiber optic and able to perform well with all other games and tasks other than eso. And quite frankly I've become incredibly weary with eso for this unjust ban and lack of any sort of care on their part, especially after having put almost four years into it and thousands of dollars. All ruined by this ban, of twelve days now, with no sign of respite in the near future. I've only been logging on when absolutely necessary, but find myself grown cold toward it.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • kas447
    kas447
    ✭✭
    @Suna_Ye_Sunnabe,

I am right there with you, my account is also very old, from release in fact. I have played several MMO's and have never experienced this sort of lack of respect for paying customers. I have experienced delays and had things not go the way I would have liked in other games, but never this level of lack of communication, and inconsistency.

My wife just had her ban lifted as well after 7 days, my son after 5 days, and mine is still in effect, I'm the only one posting here, go figure.

Maybe I'm still being "punished" over my criticism over how poorly this situation is being handled, who knows.

As a future free to play customer instead of ESO plus customer, at least I have the peace of not paying to be neglected. Makes it a little more acceptable.

Sorry for your continued mistreatment.

--Kas447
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kas447 I'm glad to hear some of your family at least had their ban lifted. But I unsubbed as well from plus, a while back. I see no reason to pay for services I not only am not receiving, but am being prevented from using. Sorry that you have to experience it as well :/
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Is there anyway you or someone can help me get an update on this please? It's been two weeks...
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • HalDeimos
    HalDeimos
    Soul Shriven
    @Suna_Ye_Sunnabe

Is this real? Your account is still canned?
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @HalDeimos Yes, and I don't know why or how I would prevent it in the future. Day 15.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Suna_Ye_Sunnabe

Please check your forum inbox as I've contacted you regarding your support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post