The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Personalities: I feel like we need more

Technica
Technica
✭✭✭
I love to have a personality active that suits the situation/area I'm playing through.

For example, if I'm on a quest and someone we should care about dies, I'll use the melancholy emote. If I'm in Cyro I might use the commander, and any posh setting perhaps duchess, Dark Brotherhood, assassin... Etc.
I prefer personalities to /emotes because all I have to do is set it active and it will emote for me, instead of /commanding everything. Also, they're more fluid, so they go from sad>cry>sad, instead of neutral>/cry>neutral for example.

I love the personalities but I feel like we could have so many more. It would be great if there was a big collection of them that we could get.

I have some ideas for what I would like to have, if anyone else has any suggestions?

- Cold/feezing/shivering (perhaps: walking along hugging arms and shivering)
- Injured (perhaps: limping along, clutching an arm like NPCs do)
- Shy/timid (perhaps: like how Bjora seems to act)
- Servant/cleaner (perhaps: will mainly sweep, brush off themselves or pick something up off the floor)
- Priest (perhaps: prays and blesses in different ways, walks with hands together)
- Sick (perhaps: walks holding stomach, will vomit every so often and groan, or sneeze or cough)
- Begger (perhaps: walks looking sad, holding hands out to passers by)
- Mage (perhaps: uses magic a lot, summoning flames in their hand/etc, and maybe could possibly have them float around a bit? like some of the students in Arteum)
- Floating Mage (perhaps: Floats like some of the students in Arteum for walk and run. Maybe even float in place when not moving)
- Scared (perhaps: walks around looking over their shoulder a lot)
- Tired (perhaps: walks around hunched over a bit, yawning and stretching)
- Evil (perhaps: has evil grin, rubs hands together, laugh/chuckle every so often)
- Vampire (perhaps: something that strongly suggests "vampire" showing fangs, hissing? searching for victims, etc)
- Vampire (damaged by sunlight) (perhaps: cowering, and attempts to shield self from sun, flails arms, raises them above their head. Smoking effect?)
- Fan/Lady (perhaps: walk around with paper fan, holding it up/fluttering/etc like the /flirt from the Duchess personality)
- Feminine (alternative) (perhaps: a nicer, less "snooty" version of Duchess. Smiling. Giving off a less "posh" aura)
- Waiter/waitress (perhaps: walks around holding a tray, maybe nearly drops it sometimes)
- Easter/flower basket (perhaps: walks holding an egg/flower basket - picks up egg/flower from the floor and puts it in sometimes)
- Duke (perhaps: a more masculine version of Duchess personality)
- Lantern (perhaps: like the Treasure Hunter personality with the torch, but holding a lantern)
- Entertainer (perhaps: similar to Jester, but will walk and juggle knives/balls/torches, maybe pull party poppers/small fireworks, maybe dance)
- Alchemist (perhaps: walks holding a phial/flask/beaker and will pour things/drop ingredients into it so often - might sometimes explode and give them a fright. Sometimes might be a successful mix and the phial will glow and they'd be happy)
- Awe (perhaps: looking around often surprised, sighs, inquisitive)
- Fatigued (perhaps: walks and runs looking out of breath/pained. When idle bends down holding knees, panting, holding chest)
- Drinking (perhaps: inspired by the /drink3 will walk holding the glass/bottle but not drunk. Will take sips and maybe complain glass empty and refill it when idle)
- Rich (perhaps: proud, standing upright. Maybe bouncing a coin purse in their hand or admiring a golden object and polishing it)
- Fisherman/Angler (perhaps: walks with a fishing rod leant on their shoulder. Maybe dangles the bait in front of them sometimes and messes with it)
Edited by Technica on May 8, 2021 11:50PM
You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've always wanted at the very least some of the emotes injured NPCs use, and I've also really been wanting a Frightened or Scared Personality. There are so many things they could do, but whether we'll ever see them implemented is hard to say.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    If Zenimax were smart, they'd include an Animation editor at some point, to allow players to choose their preferred animation for every situation and create Animation profiles. That not only would allow players more freedom of personalization, but also would boost Personalities sales a lot.

For example, I like the Commander idle pose, but can't stand it's walking/running one. If I could create an Animation profile and select the Commander as the idle one, then whatever others I'd like for walking/running, then that'd be perfect.
    Edited by Dovakhan on July 11, 2020 6:49PM
  • Nareya726
    Nareya726
    ✭✭✭
    I would love this, I've collected several personalities but still don't feel like there are enough to make each of my characters feel unique.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warrior Monk - changes your fist fighting animations to look like martial arts :D
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like it's appropriate to link this here for PC players

I came across an addon that allows you to sort of put together your own personality using emotes and momentos: Personality Designer (esoui.com)

Would be great for this to be an official feature, alongside all of the suggested personality ideas I had - so we have a lot more diversity for making our characters unique, and tailoring them for RP situations :)
    Edited by Technica on August 21, 2020 7:20PM
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • GHOSTALEXANDR
    GHOSTALEXANDR
    Soul Shriven
    I adore this idea! The reaction-to-environment personalities would be wonderful and feel incredibly immersive. I'd love one where my young, short wood elf can just look around in awe and wonderment. It would just fit my actual reaction to the environments since I am a relatively new player.

"Scared (perhaps: walks around looking over their shoulder a lot)"

This one would also fit me in most dungeons and caves :)

PS4 TAG: GhostAlexandR
  • Braggar
    Braggar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You got lot´s of cool ideas Technica I give you that.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird we still don't have an Old personality
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love for more personalities and I think it would be great if there was some slider on the frequency of an idle animation (such as the assassin flipping the dagger, the scholar writing in their journal, etc.) from never to frequent. I think some people like these a lot and wouldn’t feel a personality worthwhile if it did little more than change their character’s posture while I love these and get annoyed by too immediate/frequent idle animations. For me, brassy assassin, Deadlands walker, and Telvanni magister are best, while many others do an action too frequently or are too exaggerated for my taste. Having a slider on actions would allow for more customization and more players to enjoy more of the personalities both currently available and future. :)
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, personalities to suit different temperatures would be a good start, even if it were just a Freezing one.

Lots of possibilities, you have some great ideas for some.

In the meantime, there are addons (as was mentioned) that would let you customize things decently enough i suppose. And now that i've said that, i need to go and look into creating a 'cold' personality lol for the colder zones to play.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow