Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Stonethorn & Update 27 Preview"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
de8b5a6aa34705d68663f4e938234e9e.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Stonethorn & Update 27 Preview.

Experience more Dark Heart of Skyrim stories and challenge your team with two exciting new dungeons: Stone Garden and Castle Thorn, coming soon with the Stonethorn DLC and Update 27!
Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the "Coming to PTS" section:
    Once it is available, you can then download the PTS client (it’ll need to be completely reinstalled due to the above patching overhaul) and play.

Is that a remnant from Update 25's announcement text, or is there another patching overhaul that will require a complete reinstall again?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Homestead Character Pathing

With the addition of Character Pathing to the Housing system, you can build paths for your abode’s many residents (including pets, mounts, and assistants) to follow. You can specify many locations (nodes) for each path, and pick their walk speed, add delays, and even decide whether they loop through to their original location, ping-pong back and forth along the path, or travel between nodes at random. With this new addition, your homes will feel more alive than ever before!

Omg yes, please let this be on dummies and soul-shriven too!
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im going to have spiders climbing up and down the walls in my house for Spooktober 🎃🎃🎃
  • ColoniaCroisant
    ColoniaCroisant
    ✭✭✭
    Are these collectables real NPCs or generic? And can I get a bunch of orcs for my stronghold?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are these collectables real NPCs or generic? And can I get a bunch of orcs for my stronghold?

It was phrased as if it pertained to existing assistants, mounts and pets.

So, in particular, you can probably have a multi-colored, dual-sized, moving herd of Indriks.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same question as @Ilsabet - Is that a copy-paste error or do we have to re-download the PTS?
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put my fists up to my face and squealed like a child for five minutes straight when Gina began talking about character pathing and house guests on ESO Live. This is going to be the Best. Dungeon. DLC. EVER. :joy:
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    @ZOS_Finn Internally ZOS recognizes that "questing works best for solo play" -- per the @ZOS_RichLambert interview
    When can we expect a SOLO STORY MODE for the DLC dungeons -- where the STORY is tied in to each year's STORY arc?
    Faulgor wrote: »
    22) Any plans for more quest content that requires group play like old Craglorn?
    Rich: Won't say it will never happen, but questing works best for solo play.

Over and over again there is proof that many players just want to rush through for the rewards and won't stop to accommodate players who want to experience the cutscenes and dialogs in it -- which are often too easily disrupted by even a single player going a bit ahead too soon. 100% of the time even a group that has agreed to a "story run" screws it up (often intentionally rushing ahead). A SOLO STORY MODE is necessary to actually experience the STORY.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_Finn why do you bother with story, dialog, and worldcrafting in your dungeons when the players who want to experience it can't properly do so and the rest just rush past it all to get their daily rewards? If you want to tell a story, make it accessible to the people who actually want to experience it. Adapt to the play patterns in ESO.

FFXIV made the same mistakes ESO is making but have long since adapted their storytelling. They know how to tell stories in and out of dungeons without having anyone have to wait to talk to an NPC or look for books or other things that make players impatient and ruin the experience for everyone else.
    ESO continues to insist on repeating their mistakes over and over again since launch.

@ZOS_SarahHecker
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 10, 2020 2:27AM
  • Derong
    Derong
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Internally ZOS recognizes that "questing works best for solo play" -- per the @ZOS_RichLambert interview
    When can we expect a SOLO STORY MODE for the DLC dungeons -- where the STORY is tied in to each year's STORY arc?
    Faulgor wrote: »
    22) Any plans for more quest content that requires group play like old Craglorn?
    Rich: Won't say it will never happen, but questing works best for solo play.

Over and over again there is proof that many players just want to rush through for the rewards and won't stop to accommodate players who want to experience the cutscenes and dialogs in it -- which are often too easily disrupted by even a single player going a bit ahead too soon. 100% of the time even a group that has agreed to a "story run" screws it up (often intentionally rushing ahead). A SOLO STORY MODE is necessary to actually experience the STORY.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_Finn why do you bother with story, dialog, and worldcrafting in your dungeons when the players who want to experience it can't properly do so and the rest just rush past it all to get their daily rewards? If you want to tell a story, make it accessible to the people who actually want to experience it. Adapt to the play patterns in ESO.

FFXIV made the same mistakes ESO is making but have long since adapted their storytelling. They know how to tell stories in and out of dungeons without having anyone have to wait to talk to an NPC or look for books or other things that make players impatient and ruin the experience for everyone else.
    ESO continues to insist on repeating their mistakes over and over again since launch.

@ZOS_SarahHecker

I totaly agree.. we need a story mode for dungeons.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not having played FFXIV, how do they do the storytelling in dungeons differently? Curious what alternatives are used elsewhere :)
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Same question as @Ilsabet - Is that a copy-paste error or do we have to re-download the PTS?

This was a copy past error. We'll get that fixed.
    Staff Post
  • EmrisDovahLord
    If you do anything please give each class a VIABLE stam and mag spammable. FYI stonefist is not a viable stam spammable.
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    HM Banner for all old Dungeons would be really good too. I won't mis the blinding light :wink:
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.