Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: July 9 @ 3PM EDT—Q3 DLC Announcement & Preview"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
4246afe3e0daa127f87f895474103757.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: July 9 @ 3PM EDT—Q3 DLC Announcement & Preview. Tune in to Twitch.tv/Bethesda tomorrow for the first live look at the upcoming Q3 DLC release and Update 27. See you then!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope it wouldn't break entire game for months like Harrowstorm...
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very short notice for such a big announcement, something that would usually be shown at E3. Glad to see ESO Live returning.
    PS5 EU.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you telling me I have something to look forward to this week beside heaps of legacy code and merge conflicts? Yay!
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like them to talk more about upcoming combat changes, but from the article it looks like the focus will be on the new dungeons...
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the mystery developer?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is the mystery developer?
    Probably whoever isn't busy at the time.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see another 2 dungeons with crazy mechanics.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So at least one of the dungeons is in Blackreach if that artwork is related to the dungeons.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I hope they don't nerf much this time, in order to make new sets more attractive / less P2W...
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's hoping for:

1. DLC Dungeons of Harrowstorms level of difficulty and mechanics.
    2. Vampire changes to sort out the issues players have raised.
    3. Meaningful discussions on issues rather than a fluff piece.

But TBH my hopes aren't high.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably a foolish question, but what does Q3 mean?

Q3 as in, they mention a Q3 dlc. I'm not sure what Q3 might be referring to. :o
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on July 9, 2020 7:58AM
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

third quarter of the year
    TherealHämähäkki
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have have twitch. Don’t plan on getting me one. Can I follow, including the chat?
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    AGAIN, ~24 hours notice. Is 48 hours just too much to ask?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SmukkeHeks wrote: »
    I don’t have have twitch. Don’t plan on getting me one. Can I follow, including the chat?

Pretty sure you need to be logged in only for drops.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question for ESO live - will I always get a bounty from NPCs for being a WW? Even if I last transformed an hour earlier in that zone, I STILL get the bounty! Is there some sort of way I can avoid this?
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn Internally ZOS recognizes that "questing works best for solo play" -- per the @ZOS_RichLambert interview
    When can we expect a SOLO STORY MODE for the DLC dungeons -- where the STORY is tied in to each year's STORY arc?
    Faulgor wrote: »
    22) Any plans for more quest content that requires group play like old Craglorn?
    Rich: Won't say it will never happen, but questing works best for solo play.

Over and over again there is proof that many players just want to rush through for the rewards and won't stop to accommodate players who want to experience the cutscenes and dialogs in it -- which are often too easily disrupted by even a single player going a bit ahead too soon. 100% of the time even a group that has agreed to a "story run" screws it up (often intentionally rushing ahead). A SOLO STORY MODE is necessary to actually experience the STORY.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 9, 2020 7:31PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    340?cb=20160410152416
    What has been seen on that stream, cannot be unseen... Da Faq... :o
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    340?cb=20160410152416

Lol. It's like when they spoiled the Sai Sahan surprise.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

third quarter of the year

Thank you! I appreciate it :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    340?cb=20160410152416

Indeed!

nwf6huwb0qr0.gif
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandem mount... something no-one asked for. Great addition... should really help the bugs and UI errors...

Why not something like a Secondary Residence that people can travel to? So GMs can set a genuine Guild Hall and maintain their own house too??

Or an increase in maximum guilds? Since we now have so many more types of guilds (Trade, Social, Housing, Trials, Dungeoneering, Questing, Roleplay, PVP etc)?

Or the ability to mute players through in-game functions, or mute individual chats (like zone/guild/group) etc?

... but no... we got tandem mounts.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    [snip]

Or the ability to mute players through in-game functions, or mute individual chats (like zone/guild/group) etc?

[snip]

Is this a console thing? Asking because you can definitely do this on PC. If so console should certainly get the same option and asap.