The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ring of the wild hunt leads INSANE STORY.

TheNuminous1
TheNuminous1
✭✭✭✭✭
ok its short to tell. But I really needed a platform for people to react and be shocked.

First lemme say RNG has never acted like this and I've played since beta.

wild hunt lead
1/5 Elden Hollow
First try
2/5 Public Dungeon
First try
3/5 murkmire WB
First try
4/5 greenshade WB
Second try
5/5 Malabar WB
Seventh try

I got the ring in less then 2 hours of playing. Beyond floored. Mind blown. Nothing like this has ever happened.

Also got 5 kutas from 2 different heavy sacks during this time frame. Which has only ever happened once prior.

Idk what's going on. I just had to share i know the leads for this ring have been giving people a hard time. I went in to it after reading alot of the forums about how hard it was to get. I expected a challenge and lucked out.

What are some times RNG has helped or hindered you guys? Has anyone else had insane luck with these leads like this?

I'm shook.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations @TheNuminous1

RNG hates me...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations @TheNuminous1

RNG hates me...

I've not had such an easy time for most the things I try to farm for! Rng has not ever been a true friend to me. This is few and far between but such a massive stroke of good luck. Im sure you will get it all and im so sorry you have had to spend so much time farming. Its not fun I would have hated running elden hollow a bunch of times.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First time I did that ring:
    Eldenhollow:34 attempts
    Public dungeon:5 bosses killed
    Malabal tor:killed bos 27 times
    Murkmire:killed boss 25 times
    Greenshade:killed boss 36 times
    Conclusion.... Rng hates me
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, OP!
    The Moot Councillor
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one in the public dungeon took forever for me, because the boss kept despawning in front of me.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely done! Awesome RNG.

I seemed to have to try no more than 5 times max for any of the mythic item leads in most cases just 2 or 3 times except for one case where Alcast had it listed incorrectly. I managed to get all the Mythic items by the way. I can say that some websites are incorrect. The lead for one of those in is Cyrodiil and all sites said it dropped off of one delve boss. I was picking up a skyshard while otw to that delve and got it off that boss instead. I believe leads are dropped from all types of the same mob in a zone not just one mob specifically. As later on after I got all the Mythic items leads started dropping again from other bosses and areas in the same zones.

The hardest part I was thinking was going to be finding the Sticky Integument Leather lead that is in a Psijic Portal but I got it on the second try. For those that want to know where it was just SW of the Sunhold wayshrine in Summerset. I started there and just looted all ores along the north side and worked my way back down the south side of that valley looting all the ore nodes. They respawn quick enough that eventually Psijic Portals spawn also. The two portals I found where BOTH just SW of the wayshrine at the same spot.

Edited by Veinblood1965 on July 8, 2020 8:31PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done Elden Hollow three times with no leads. I don't like doing dungeons, so not looking forward to doing it 30 more times. Hope it doesn't take that much.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first Wild Hunt ring went fairly fast, getting most of the leads on first or second try...EXCEPT Elden Hollow (which was about 7 tries. Second Wild Hunt ring took a little longer. Thrassian Stranglers leads went pretty fast as well. However, getting the leads for the Ebon Dwarf mount was a nightmare for a few of them!
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siroria Inferno staff on second ever run of Cloudrest. RNG been garbage ever since though!
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    First time I did that ring:
    Eldenhollow:34 attempts
    Public dungeon:5 bosses killed
    Malabal tor:killed bos 27 times
    Murkmire:killed boss 25 times
    Greenshade:killed boss 36 times
    Conclusion.... Rng hates me

I've had similar experiences with other leads. I don't understand why the lead doesn't show up guaranteed after at least a certain number of kills (I don't know how many, but certainly less than 36)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it is time for me to update this.

W41gPB4.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    My first font of auri el lead took less than 2 hours and a few dozen bloodknights to get. My second took almost 5 days and around 700-800 bloodknights. I got my first beacon of tower zero on the second node I picked, the next one took three days, where I got at least a dozen kuta off idek how many nodes. Got my first statue of Boethra (sp?) from the first s. elsweyr dragon I killed since Greymoor released, thirty plus more dragons later, no second one yet. RNG is such a tease for me.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a lotery ticket asap
  • Artorias24
    Artorias24
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far i got every mythic item always in under 2 hours of farming. Thought it is normal....
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I wanted to get another Eight Star Chandelier last night and walked into the pub dung. It dropped from the boss five feet from the door. I was like oh, all right then. Not as significant but still a bit odd.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »
    I don't understand why the lead doesn't show up guaranteed after at least a certain number of kills (I don't know how many, but certainly less than 36)

One reason might be that the developers actually want it to be this frustrating. Another reason is that it would take quite a lot of extra bookkeeping to know when any player has made a predetermined amount of attempts without getting a particular drop. The game would have to keep track of a lot of counters: one for each desirable item for each player. Given the apparent strain this game is already putting on the database backend, I would not bet on this being implemented in ESO.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG is the craziest thing. I only needed one part of the Thrassian Stranglers, so off I went to Summerset to look for Psijic Portals. There was a portal spawn right near the wayshrine, and it dropped the lead I needed. Boom. Done.

On the other hand, it took 137 dragon kills for the stained glass furnishing lead to drop. And I ran Volenfell so many times without the wolf mount lead drop that I'm not even going to try anymore... I have better things to do with my life than solo that horrible dungeon over and over and over and over and over...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 5he ring of wild hunt like that, but malacath I went to the starter item and felt like I was ruining new player experience at Betnik for 2 hours and didn't get that 1 lead.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know how long it took me to get my 1st Malacath Ring, probably hours, but the 2nd one, got it in less than an Hour. Every lead dropped on 1st attempt except Betnikh, which took more than 15 min.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.