Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get a Free Pet by Verifying & Opting In to Email"

• 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just amused that I'm getting codes emailed for free accounts I created during a Free Play event* like five years ago and never bought nor logged into again after that event (I didn't know those accounts even still existed at this point!) But nothing yet for any of the accounts I actively play on to this day except my main. :D I can't even use the codes on those free play accounts since I don't "own" ESO on them. Not unless the codes are still active when the next free play event rolls around, and I for some reason get a wild yearning to log in and redeem a free pet on accounts I'd forgotten about for like half a decade.

So if you're antsy about not getting your code yet, they're apparently going to everyone who has ever registered an account opted into advertising emails, not just accounts that are actually being used. That's...a LOT of accounts.

*They were created for some friends who were interested in trying ESO on a free weekend, but ended up never being used except by me. Thankfully, I have less fickle friends now.
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have three accounts. Got it on two, not yet on the third.

My husband plays one account, so far has not gotten it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭
    No email code here yet, I checked all folders. I am sure I have the promotional emails enabled as I have been getting those for years now.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ravendies wrote: »
    No email code here yet, I checked all folders. I am sure I have the promotional emails enabled as I have been getting those for years now.

Same. While they're 'still going out', it'd have been far easier to just add them to the accounts like the other crates and promotional drops.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

Same. While they're 'still going out', it'd have been far easier to just add them to the accounts like the other crates and promotional drops.

Yes, but then they would not really have any idea whether you get their marketing emails. :smile: Every person who redeems the code got the marketing emails.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Sephyr wrote: »

Yes, but then they would not really have any idea whether you get their marketing emails. :smile: Every person who redeems the code got the marketing emails.

They still won't have any idea because a good chunk of us will be turning it off afterword. Funny how that works.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The information on the site says that the code for the pet will be sent out " during the month of July", so those who are concerned that they have not as yet received their pet might need to wait a little longer.

ZOS can't send out the codes too fast or they'll cop a social ban.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, ZOS, twelve days into July and no email code here as yet.

Meanwhile, the marketing emails from ZOS are arriving just fine. For example, on July 2 morning I got the promotional email titled "Skyrim Featured Items in the Crown Store This Month".
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, no message whatsoever. @UtopianWarrior88 on EU server.
  • Ultravylence
    Ultravylence
    ✭✭✭
    No promotional code yet either.
  • B100d1ust88
    Same here, no message whatsoever. @UtopianWarrior88 on EU server.

Do you think it depends on the server? I do not think so. I also play on a EU server. My profile name is the same as here. Whatever, there is still no code. :)))
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno on the 8th you folks said hang on, codes are still going out..... It's the 13th.... codes STILL going out or do we need to start filing our tickets? None of the accounts in my household have received theirs yet. Please give us an update.
    Edited by AyeshaBelladonna on July 13, 2020 3:17PM
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same. Not a hide or hair of news. I've also gotten the marketing emails just fine (Everything from Greymoor's release, the PvP event, to the crown crates). The code? Not so much.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't get my code either, but am getting emails from marketing and ESO's twitch just fine
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno hubby got his free code last week and I still haven’t gotten mine. Been subbed since July 2014 and have been subbed and received marketing emails since we were able to signup. I’m getting emails almost every week from ESO but still no code. Can you please update us on if they have all been sent out so I know if I need to submit a ticket? TIA!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... no code.. still waiting... (checked spam folder)... I assume it can take all of the July ?

Note:
    I have received an marketing e-mail with some info about ongoing offers in Crown Store, so I think I have "Opting In to Email" turned on.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Codes are still being sent out in waves to eligible players. If you haven't received yours yet please hang tight for now."

https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/1282709580481474566
    Edited by Elsonso on July 14, 2020 9:21PM
  • vadergirl75
    vadergirl75
    Soul Shriven
    Never did get my free pet and I have been confirmed since I first joined eso.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What part of "We will email a code for the Infernium Dwarven Spiderling pet during the month of July" is giving people trouble?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    What part of "We will email a code for the Infernium Dwarven Spiderling pet during the month of July" is giving people trouble?

I'm curious about that too. Is everyone deliberatly interpreting it as the first 24 hours of the month of July? If so, reading comprehension has plummeted into a very deep abyss indeed...
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not the first time when the exact period of giving away some reward is vague. But it is the first time (as far as I remember) when the same reward to different players is given at different times. Usually this vague timing simply means that it is too early to tell the day or week, because it can change in the future. Still usually once the reward is given to some accounts, it is also given to all other qualified accounts within the day. So when it doesn't happen, of course players start to think that they have missed their reward (not that such bugs are uncommon here).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    This is not the first time when the exact period of giving away some reward is vague. But it is the first time (as far as I remember) when the same reward to different players is given at different times. Usually this vague timing simply means that it is too early to tell the day or week, because it can change in the future. Still usually once the reward is given to some accounts, it is also given to all other qualified accounts within the day. So when it doesn't happen, of course players start to think that they have missed their reward (not that such bugs are uncommon here).

We cannot know the reasons for that, but it seems that this time it means that they will send out codes in batches spread out over the whole month. Also we've been told many times to just sit and wait, no idea why people would be distrustful of official info and start panicking.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not the first staged rollout over the course of days or even weeks.

The "did you forget me?" kicks in with the first wave. It persists until ZOS says they are done, and then changes to "but I didn't get mine!"
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

We cannot know the reasons for that, but it seems that this time it means that they will send out codes in batches spread out over the whole month. Also we've been told many times to just sit and wait, no idea why people would be distrustful of official info and start panicking.
    The article is still not updated with the information that different people will get the pet on different times. The article, on the other hand, does state "If you have any questions or concerns concerning getting your new pet, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team".
    Elsonso wrote: »

This is not the first staged rollout over the course of days or even weeks.

The "did you forget me?" kicks in with the first wave. It persists until ZOS says they are done, and then changes to "but I didn't get mine!"
    Do you remember any example? All crate drops were given to everyone at one time. The doom wolf and clouded senche were given to everyone at one time. Summerset and Elsweyr rewards (villa and treasure) were given to everyone at one time. Plus or minus a day, yes, not 14 days.
    one mer to find them,
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The article is still not updated with the information that different people will get the pet on different times. The article, on the other hand, does state "If you have any questions or concerns concerning getting your new pet, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team".

It also clearly states "We will email a code for the Infernium Dwarven Spiderling pet during the month of July, so keep an eye on your inbox. " and they never promised to send all codes at once. Also by now it's obvious and officially confirmed that we must wait.
    But if people just need something minor to complain or panic about...
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It also clearly states "We will email a code for the Infernium Dwarven Spiderling pet during the month of July, so keep an eye on your inbox. " and they never promised to send all codes at once. Also by now it's obvious and officially confirmed that we must wait.

Just like any other article when the rewards were given to everyone at one time (#2). Now it is obvious only to those who know how to use dev tracker. Most people just read the article and assume that everything not said will be the same as it always was.
    one mer to find them,
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just like any other article when the rewards were given to everyone at one time (#2). Now it is obvious only to those who know how to use dev tracker. Most people just read the article and assume that everything not said will be the same as it always was.

For the forum crowd it's obvious for anyone capable of using search or at least scrolling - there's this thread in News and Articles and another one in General. Outside of the forum there's at least Twitter (and most likely Facebook which I don't use, so can't confirm)
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"During the month of July" is not in the least bit vague.
    PC NA, PC EU

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"During the month of July" is not in the least bit vague.
    Just like in any other article when the rewards were given to everyone at one time (#3). I suggest you actually read what is already written, at least by those who you answer to.
    one mer to find them,
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this still a thing? I have a number of accounts that haven’t received it.