The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Live stream tomorrow, can we talk about performance?

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This isn't intended with any animosity or an attempt to antagonise the developers.

Will we be allowed to discuss current performance in tomorrow's live stream?

I know we raise the subject a lot on these forums and try to ask on live streams too. A lot of us feel that it is a subject we are silenced on and also for a lot of us it is the only thing that matters.

• bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine it will depend on how badly the stream chat gets spammed with nasty comments regarding performance.
    That's what gets the conversation shut down.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    it'll squelched, as always

:wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I imagine it will depend on how badly the stream chat gets spammed with nasty comments regarding performance.

Well I hope they address it, it is the lack of discussion that causes the frustration. I do understand it does derail the itinerary, but if it was included on conception and listed as something that is going to be spoken about it wouldn't be as much of an issue.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to Jessica Zos will talk about performance at some point leading up to this next PTS. Obviously that could include the next Livestream, however, I expect her comment was more intended that it would happen in a forum post or news feed post as she stated there would be a greater level of detail than we have seen. So if Zos does mention it in the stream it would probably be very generic.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    According to Jessica Zos will talk about performance at some point leading up to this next PTS. Obviously that could include the next Livestream, however, I expect her comment was more intended that it would happen in a forum post or news feed post as she stated there would be a greater level of detail than we have seen. So if Zos does mention it in the stream it would probably be very generic.

Well even an update when the detailed update would be coming would be encouraging 👍
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

Well I hope they address it, it is the lack of discussion that causes the frustration. I do understand it does derail the itinerary, but if it was included on conception and listed as something that is going to be spoken about it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Honestly, this livestream announcement isn't the place to discuss performance. So I don't expect them to do that. But we all know performance is the biggest gripe, so people are going to want something said.

It'd show some maturity on their end if they just begin with addressing performance. Get ahead of it, anyone can see this coming a mile away. That'll prevent the discussion from sinking.

Given the last Twitch stream fiasco, I think they should make a public statement if asking about it will get you banned. Or at the very least, shape the discussion by saying "No Performance Questions Please" or something you know, professional.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you confirm two things:
    1. Will performance concerns be addressed in any detail or will it just be stating "it's being looked at"?
    2. Whether performance questions can be asked on the livestream without repercussions? Given that players were banned on the last Twitch stream for this, I think it's good for us all to know what we're getting into.
    Edited by Destai on July 8, 2020 5:15PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh please guys. The only "performance" comments we were getting on streams are:
    "We are working hard on it" - when even NA is burning.
    "Servers are holding up fine" - when EU is crappy during prime time, after patches, in PvP, sometimes just because.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Edited by zvavi on July 8, 2020 5:21PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    "Servers are holding up fine" - when EU is crappy during prime time, after patches, in PvP, sometimes just because.

I don't think they'll get into detail on it. Nor should they, it's really just a marketing event for the DLC. When they announced it, they should have just said something about performance and pointed towards their forum announcements. That'll hopefully maybe prevent it from being a spamfest about performance.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the biggest concern I would say. Countless of time have I read that people left the game because of Cyrodiil peformance alone. It would bring back so many players + revenue if word of betterment would spread. Though they still prioritize rather pointless dungeon DLCs over way more important improvements.

I would gladly trade an entire quarterly DLC for an update purely about substantial performance and server upgrades.
    Edited by Dracane on July 8, 2020 5:57PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no. only hype for the next dlc.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭

Something has gone very badly wrong at some point if players seriously ask and feel there's an actual need for this kind of question.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Something has gone very badly wrong at some point if players seriously ask and feel there's an actual need for this kind of question.

It's actually even sadder that it's the only thing we want to talk about and we're not allowed to.
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't intended with any animosity or an attempt to antagonise the developers.

I know we raise the subject a lot on these forums and try to ask on live streams too. A lot of us feel that it is a subject we are silenced on and also for a lot of us it is the only thing that matters.

They will not address it even when chat is screaming it. Like yelling into an empty hallway.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    It's real bad. It took me, and I timed it, 3m 43s the first time I ported, 3m 22s the second time and 4m 12s the third time tonight. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I took the non express elevator that stopped on all the floors on the way to the 100th floor.
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭

They will not address it even when chat is screaming it. Like yelling into an empty hallway.

It reminds me of that time I threw a hot dog down a hallway.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »

I don't think they'll get into detail on it. Nor should they, it's really just a marketing event for the DLC. When they announced it, they should have just said something about performance and pointed towards their forum announcements. That'll hopefully maybe prevent it from being a spamfest about performance.

Dude. They are literally saying that the servers are running good enough for them to not fix it. PvP EU needs help for years.
    PvE too, I logged in in Sunday, noticed that my skills have 4 seconds delay (overland) asked in chat if it is for everyone, seemed like it, logged off.

Trader swap fails once every few weeks on PC EU still.

Servers that can't hold up prime time are shameful. It is literally the time most players log in. That's the time you want the game to perform the best, because it affects the biggest amount of players.

I mean ye sure, we shouldn't spam chat for performance. But we shouldn't need to either. Because they refuse to take to heart our issues.

PS: a bit hard to be excited for new dungeon dlcs when dungeons that are over 1 year old has bugged bosses (avalanche), bad design one shots (I literally got hit by 3 stone dudes in MGF in less than 0.4 seconds on their spawn for 8k each, I learnt to block when they spawn. Not ok). And server performance that won't let me enjoy these dungeons when most of the people I run stuff with are online.
    Edited by zvavi on July 9, 2020 7:18AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gina posted u27 combat preview, with again a lot of mention of performance.

What upsets me when I read these posts, is that they talk about it as if it just need optimising or streamlining. When so many issues were introduced in u25 and then again in u26. It feels like those issues are completely ignored and partly why I think their performance updates are received so badly.

The skill delay and desyncs have the most negative effect on most people's gameplay and I feel cause most the other weird bugs we have seen since u26. All the other stuff they do will make general performance better overtime, they do not address the things that are truly broken.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on July 9, 2020 9:54AM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw if anyone has any clips of performance issues, please post them here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/535282/performance-issues-submit-your-clips-here#latest

I am trying culminate them to aid the developers and keep the discussion alive with something productive.

Please keep comments constructive as I don't want it closed.

Thanks
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested and word performance alone with no context was removed automatically lmao
  • Nagastani
    Nagastani
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. And thank you for playing @relentless_turnip

This week we'd like to give a shout out to all ZOS subscribers and now it's time to move on to our next topic.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nagastani wrote: »
    Nope. And thank you for playing @relentless_turnip

This week we'd like to give a shout out to all ZOS subscribers and now it's time to move on to our next topic.

I got timed out for saying the word "performance". They seemed to have it automated for keywords :neutral:
    Edited by relentless_turnip on July 9, 2020 10:39PM
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    3RGOuTk.jpg