The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamDK and Malacath

• Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    @OBJnoob Hist isn't going to be BiS for a duel, so I get why you wouldn't enjoy your experience on it. I play mostly BG's and small-scale IC/Cyrodiil, and generating ultimates quicker helps more with survivability and timing my burst with teammates.

As far as defiles, I use Cyrodiil's Ward frontbar with Thurvokun as a monster set along with the Malacath ring. When I dueled more I would use Sload's for the extra DoT pressure and because it punished high health builds in CP environments. If I were dueling now I would swap Hist for Sload's backbar to keep Malacath, although Sloads shines on the front bar or on the body. Thurvokun got a significant nerf last patch but compared with other monster sets, it's still a solid 2 piece bonus if you have a good source of major defile to pair with it. 75% uptime on AoE minor defile and minor main is worthwhile, even if not overpowered as it once was.

I also run heavy armor largely because I like the magicka sustain it provides and because I'm not building for weapon damage. With the constitution passive and some prismatic glyphs, I can use fossilize on cooldown in addition to utilizing mist form heavily. With the strike from shadows passive via mistform, a nirnhoned 2h axe, and minor+major brutality, it hits over 4000 weapon damage without a berserk enchant. It ends up playing a lot like a MagDK with an execute instead of whip.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My indecision is coming to an end...I’ll stick to medium armour.

Front bar damage: good old NMA

Monster set: Selene cause I’d like to use fossilise...expensive but could be very helpful when Selene price

Back bar: crest of cyro really interests me. I’d like to try something I haven’t used before.
    Anyone who has experience using it? Recovery glyphs.

Option 2:
    Sod Monster Sets: 5 NMA and Ancient Dragonguard with sustain glyphs
    1x Domi

Option 3:
    5NMA + eternal Vigor with weapon Damage glyphs.
    1 x Domi
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 8, 2020 4:58PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you use Fossilize with Fragmented Shield and the obligatory Volatile Armor + Cauterize on a medium build, I think you will find magicka sustain too tight without wearing something that gives you magicka, such as Torc, Eternal Vigor or perhaps Engine Guardian or Atro mundus. I think Shacklebreaker wouldn't be enough. That means you'll probably end up throwing out Fragmented Shield and you'll rely on Fossilize for the Minor Brutality. This would be my kind of build, but lots of people cringe when you tell them you're not using Fragmented. Also the needed magicka sustain in some build variations is likely to indirectly compromise your weapon damage. Heavy armor passives have an advantage in that they help restore magicka.

Having played my own medium build a little longer, I have mixed feelings. My choice of Coward's Gear is situational. Great when you're the wrong side of a zerg, not great in duels. I'm currently trying Engine Guardian instead of Bloodspawn and I think it's better.

Fossilize + Selene seems like a nice idea, but I think you will either not run Fragmented or you'll have to find magicka somewhere.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    If you use Fossilize with Fragmented Shield and the obligatory Volatile Armor + Cauterize on a medium build, I think you will find magicka sustain too tight without wearing something that gives you magicka, such as Torc, Eternal Vigor or perhaps Engine Guardian or Atro mundus. I think Shacklebreaker wouldn't be enough. That means you'll probably end up throwing out Fragmented Shield and you'll rely on Fossilize for the Minor Brutality. This would be my kind of build, but lots of people cringe when you tell them you're not using Fragmented. Also the needed magicka sustain in some build variations is likely to indirectly compromise your weapon damage. Heavy armor passives have an advantage in that they help restore magicka.

Having played my own medium build a little longer, I have mixed feelings. My choice of Coward's Gear is situational. Great when you're the wrong side of a zerg, not great in duels. I'm currently trying Engine Guardian instead of Bloodspawn and I think it's better.

Fossilize + Selene seems like a nice idea, but I think you will either not run Fragmented or you'll have to find magicka somewhere.

Little tip:

If you are looking for a little more Mag sustain on a Stam DK, run a fire damage enchant on your main bar weapon (maybe even infused). Weapon enchants proc burning reliably, and it'll do more damage and grant 500 mag every time due to DK passives.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good idea!
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Kinetiks
    Kinetiks
    ✭✭
    The newly buffed Dead-water's guile on the pts could be another contender for group play. Thoughts?
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinetiks wrote: »
    The newly buffed Dead-water's guile on the pts could be another contender for group play. Thoughts?

@Kinetiks Yeah it might be an option.. Its hard to beat Heem-Jas for a group stam character though. Heem-ja with any other damage set is really good.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kinetiks

It's definitely on my list. I've had good luck here and there with this set before, especially in BGs, and I'd have to test it again, but as far as I was able to tell in the past, there is some sort of unstated cooldown, maybe just once per GCD. If you killed 3 adds at once, you wouldn't get 15 Ult, it seemed like only 5.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Kinetiks
    Kinetiks
    ✭✭
    Just had a friend test it on the pts, thee was no CD on it
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 proc sets + malacath

Succumb to the dark side
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if the real deal was adding Ring of the Hunt fir extra mobility and in combat speed?
    Anyone tried it out?
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    What if the real deal was adding Ring of the Hunt fir extra mobility and in combat speed?
    Anyone tried it out?

Yep. Better to just slot RAT and use Malacath for more damage.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . . .
    Edited by Sleep724 on July 24, 2020 5:28AM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atm I'm using master dw, Malacath, Morkuldin, 1 piece Balorgh on the front bar and armor master backbar to much success.
    It's especially brutal in a 1v1.
    Morkuldin is great after the buff.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on July 25, 2020 3:40PM