The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

StamDK and Malacath

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there

As soon as it dropped I truly hated Greymoor but I have realised that the changes and possible theory crafting have been rather amusing.

I’ve literally changed all my mains, re-started playing a new class (stamsorc) and dropped 2 other classes I found boring (stamcro) or underperforming due to my play style (stamden 😱)

I’m essentially left with my second favourite class (Stamina DK) and I’m trying to fit Malacath in...problem? I’m struggling to find the right combo of back/front bars hence my usual help plea!!!
I’d be particularly interested in anything that you are using beyond the combo NMA and Clever Alchemist.
Thanks
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this:

SnB Back Bar: weapon damage buff set (like 7th)
    2H Front Bar: damage set (like NMA)
    -The above will only use 9 slots on front and back bar-
    Monster set of choice
    Malacath
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't run 7th as it's outdated and has been nerfed way too much.

I suggest you try something simple like this:

2 Heavy/Medium Bloodspawn/Balorgh/Engine Guardian/whatever you like
    5 Heavy Ancient Dragonguard/Clever Alchemist/Fury/New Moon on body
    Ring + Necklace + Main Bar of a set that gives a combination of Stam and WD (Spriggan/Essence Thief, for example)
    Malacath Ring
    Potentates Back Bar.

Simple and easy to play with. Reasonably cheap and quick to get too.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beffagorn wrote: »

I said "like 7th", but it could be any 5 piece you proc on the back bar, and benefit from on the front. I hate to even bring it up, but you could do this with Venomous Smite. Then extra chances of applying the poisoned status effect synergize well with DK for sustain.

Ring + Necklace + Main Bar of a set that gives a combination of Stam and WD (Spriggan/Essence Thief, for example)
    Malacath Ring
    Potentates Back Bar.

It looks to me like you are giving up a 5 piece bonus? Why?

Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 2, 2020 2:57PM
  • Beffagorn
    Beffagorn
    ✭✭✭

I said "like 7th", but it could be any 5 piece you proc on the back bar, and benefit from on the front. I hate to even bring it up, but you could do this with Venomous Smite. Then extra chances of applying the poisoned status effect synergize well with DK for sustain.

Malacath Ring
    Potentates Back Bar.

I think that giving up a 5pc for Potentates is worth it. Potentates is 5% damage reduction and Temporal Guard is another 8%. Add Minor Maim + Minor Heroism from Heroic Slash and it starts to get really difficult to die and very easy to get back on the offensive once your opponent wasted a ton their resources trying to finish you off to no avail.

Personally, i like the flow and playstyle of this. Maybe it's not the best choice, but it's working very well for me
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malacath Ring
    Potentates Back Bar.

I think that giving up a 5pc for Potentates is worth it. Potentates is 5% damage reduction and Temporal Guard is another 8%. Add Minor Maim + Minor Heroism from Heroic Slash and it starts to get really difficult to die and very easy to get back on the offensive once your opponent wasted a ton their resources trying to finish you off to no avail.

Personally, i like the flow and playstyle of this. Maybe it's not the best choice, but it's working very well for me

But you don't need to loss a 5 piece bonus for Potentates. Do this:

Try this:

SnB Back Bar: damage buff set (like 7th/VS)
    Potentates x2
    Malacath

Here, you get two 5 piece bonuses, malacath, and potentates up 100% of the time.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have 2 choices really.

Go with a unique set on each bar but retain your monster helm. Give up the monster helm and go with dual 5pc.

If you go unique sets, Clever Alchemist or Seventh Legion on your back/buff bar so you swap, proc, and swap back. New Moon Acolyte, Sheer Venom, or any other DPS set for main hand is often popular.

For dual 5pc with 1pc monster helm, I am enjoying Eternal Vigor and Sheer Venom/NMA. People also suggest Ognum's Scale.

I'm still fairly new/bad with Stamina DK, but the above is what I've tried. I've honestly been pretty underwhelmed with monster helms so have chosen to go with the 2x 5pc approach.
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In no cp I run eternal vigor/NMA/malacath with one piece kraghs or kena. It can work in CP pvp as well with some minor adjustments.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this:

SnB Back Bar: weapon damage buff set (like 7th)
    Monster set of choice
    Malacath

Don't see how this adds up:
    Monster set = shd/head = 2 set.
    SnB = 2 body, 1 ring, 1hs/shield = 5 set.
    2H = 2 body 1 necklace 2H = 5 set.
    Malacath ring.

This leaves 1 body piece unused. So I dont see how you get 9 slots used.

Also in another post you suggested venomous smite, but this won't work with Malacaths.

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »
    Also in another post you suggested venomous smite, but this won't work with Malacaths.

Oops, that's right. It's certainly better that way too.

I'll break down the setup:

Head/Shoulder: Monster
    Body/Legs/Feet: Front Bar Damage Set (like NMA)
    Hands/Waist/Ring1/Neck: Back Bar Carry over set (like 7th)
    Ring2: Malacaths
    Back Bar Shield: Back Bar Carry over set (like 7th)
    Back Bar 1H: Front Bar Damage Set (like NMA)
    Front Bar 2H: Front Bar Damage Set (like NMA)

So,

Back Bar gives you:
    2-Monster
    1-Malacath
    5-Back Bar Carry over set
    4-Front Bar Damage Set

Proc your carry over set on your Back Bar (cast armor buff for 7th), swap bars, and Front Bar gives you:
    2-Monster
    1-Malacath
    4-Back Bar Carry over set (with carry over active on front bar)
    5-Front Bar Damage Set

The number of reliable "carry over" sets is limited, especially if OP is opting to not run CA. But pick one of them, plug it into this set up, and you effectively get two 5-piece bonuses, a monster set and a mythic item.

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So,

Back Bar gives you:
    2-Monster
    1-Malacath
    4-Front Bar Damage Set

Proc your carry over set on your Back Bar (cast armor buff for 7th), swap bars, and Front Bar gives you:
    2-Monster
    1-Malacath
    5-Front Bar Damage Set

The number of reliable "carry over" sets is limited, especially if OP is opting to not run CA. But pick one of them, plug it into this set up, and you effectively get two 5-piece bonuses, a monster set and a mythic item.

I really wish I could move away from this option but it seems the most logical and viable. I may give the 'no monster set' a go too tough.
    I’m definitely rethinking my reluctance towards CA....choices are too limited indeed
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 4, 2020 8:28PM
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So,

Back Bar gives you:
    2-Monster
    1-Malacath
    4-Front Bar Damage Set

2-Monster
    1-Malacath
    5-Front Bar Damage Set

Ok I see how you are calculating it. I didn't think to use the front bar 1h in your 1hs slot on the back bar. That's ingenious ;)

Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting thread thanks to all sharing info.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    A really underrated and excellent set for StamDK's trying to to find a good backbar set is Champion of the Hist. Building for ultimate generation on a StamDK is still extremely powerful because of the sustain you get from using ultimates. Often times, you'll end up doing more damage because you can sacrifice recovery in other parts of your build for greater damage, knowing you'll get more leaps and corrosive armors to give you stat back. Something like this:

Balorgh Monster set (2 piece)
    New Moon Acolyte 2h + hands, waist, feet (5 piece)
    Champion of the Hist SnB, chest, Legs, ring, neck (6 pieces)
    Malacath Band ring (1 piece)

When you're on your front bar, you'll have the 4 piece set bonuses from your Champion of the Hist set, which are all offensive (1 line of weapon damage, 2 lines of max stam) and the full 5 piece from New Moon. Go to your backbar and you're instantly gaining ultimate while you block/heal/CC or apply your DoTs. Obviously ignore all of that if you Heroic Slash is a mainstay on your bar.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spizzie wrote: »
    A really underrated and excellent set for StamDK's trying to to find a good backbar set is Champion of the Hist. Building for ultimate generation on a StamDK is still extremely powerful because of the sustain you get from using ultimates. Often times, you'll end up doing more damage because you can sacrifice recovery in other parts of your build for greater damage, knowing you'll get more leaps and corrosive armors to give you stat back. Something like this:

When you're on your front bar, you'll have the 4 piece set bonuses from your Champion of the Hist set, which are all offensive (1 line of weapon damage, 2 lines of max stam) and the full 5 piece from New Moon. Go to your backbar and you're instantly gaining ultimate while you block/heal/CC or apply your DoTs. Obviously ignore all of that if you Heroic Slash is a mainstay on your bar.

Hist is NOT a good Set! you could also just use a minor heroism potion and get 100% Uptime + a good Backbar Set!
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hist is not a good set. When murkmire first dropped I used it and it was actually not bad the 2,3,4 piece bonuses are good. But tbh it wasn’t good even then... and it should definitely be double barred. If you want to backbar something like that werewolf hide is still probably viable. You probably are doing just fine— in fact you might be stomping because your other sets are really good. But try something other than hist you might like it.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spizzie

I very much agree with you. This is exactly the build I've been running with NMA for a long time now, before the Ring, and now with the Ring. I run it in both 5m/2h and 2m/5h. Before the Ring, sometimes I ran it bothbar NMA with an Arena Weapon, or bothbar Hist and backbar Potentates. However commendations to @MurderMostFoul for a novel improvement to NMA+Malacath setups: Run 1 pc NMA on the backbar, and you can get the Line 4 Pen from NMA on your backbar, and the Line 4 Stam from Hist Champ on your front bar. I've run split backbars quite a bit in the past, but the idea of crafting an NMA 1h or shield to go with the Malacath Ring eluded me. Even if you're not running a single damage skill on your s&b bar, it's extra damage for Volatile Armor ticks - not substantial but better than a useless 6th piece for Hist Champ. I'm crafting a Well-Fitted NMA shield first thing next time I log on. Thanks @MurderMostFoul.

@OBJNoob @Tolino

Have you tried this build, or are you just assuming? What happens when you pop that oppressively expensive potion, die, and are rezzed? You won't have Minor Heroism, and you'll still have the potion cooldown, right? Besides that, there are a few potions out there that are stronger than any equivalent backbar-able 5 piece, and those Heroism Pots are no stronger than Hist Champ. This set outperforms Werewolf Hide and Bloodspawn in the long haul, trust me on that. That being said, if I played Nord, I'd probably use something else, but for non-Nord DKs, I swear it's an excellent set, and I assume for an mDK you could swap in Shalk's and an Inferno Staff instead of the 2h and do quite well. Admittedly also, those pots are too expensive for me, but I'm convinced if you could only choose one single source of Ult Gen, between those pots, Nord, and any one Ult Gen Set, Hist Champ / Shalk's are the strongest single choice. Also, I'm sure this is common knowledge at this point, but a Decisive 1h seems to me by far the best trait if you have Minor Heroism. It is much stronger with Minor Heroism than it is with Werewolf Hide, Bloodspawn, or Nord. If Dead Water's Guile worked as advertised Decisive would be strong with it too, but it seems like it has an unstated cooldown to me, and so in all my testing Hist Champ still outperforms Dead Water's Guile, in the long haul.

@Atherakhia

I'm pretty sure Orgnum's is now the single strongest defensive set in the game for a DK. Eternal Vigor is probably better overall for a bothbar set, but for years I've used Orgnum's in split backbar setups, so you get the 2-4 lines from Orgnum's on both bars, and switch to the backbar at low health for Orgnum's 5 piece. Seems like this is still a great way to run the set, and the 5 piece is much stronger now than it used to be, and no longer requires stacking other sources of HP Regen to get the most out of it.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    @Urzigurumash I don't actually run NMA on my Stam DK at all, I just figured the OP would be better suited looking for a backbar replacement rather than replacing NMA if they wanted ideas on Malacath combinations other than NMA + Clever Alchemist.

Full agreement with everything else you said about Hist and Minor Heroism. I'm a stage 3 vampire on my 2H/Bow StamDK and I use Mist Form to break snares and essentially magicka block as a replacement for standard SnB blocking. With that setup, it's hard to justify using anything other than tripots because Mist Form is such a powerful survival tool. Plus, like you mentioned, those Heroism pots are quite costly in comparison to tripots.

Champion of the Hist 5th piece is definitely not some powerhouse offensively, but it's good utility for a Stam DK while still providing almost ideal 2-4 piece set bonuses for a Malacath setup. There aren't a lot of great, non-Clever Alchemist options to pair with NMA front bar and Malacath, especially so if you want to be in heavy armor (OP didn't specify, maybe it's something to consider).

7th Legion is weird and costly to keep up on anything but a Stamplar and Stamsorc, but you might be able to do it. Something to consider is that with 7th Legion, you will have a wasted line of Weapon Crit and 1 non-offensive line in health recovery. When 7th is down, you're getting just 1 stat bonus from your 5th piece backbar that is assisting you offensively. You can be vigilant about keeping it up, but it will be an inefficient use of your Magicka pool in any sustained fight.

Stuhn's could work if you play with a small group that has some source of off-balance or you have the tactician passive, but it'll be very difficult to have high uptime if you just backbar it.

Hide of the Werewolf gives similar utility to Hist, but doesn't pair with Decisive nearly as well, and provides a line of Max Health where Hist provides Max Stam. Also, you can't be in heavy again.

If you're looking for pure burst potential, Stuhn's front bar with Clever Alchemist backbar will let you nuke people after your first Dizzy Swing and you won't have that wasted line of weapon crit from NMA so you will likely have higher damage numbers during your burst. However, you will have noticeably less healing.

You'll probably have to end up playing around with different things to find what you like best, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better combination of sustained healing and burst damage that the NMA + Clever Alchemist combo brings.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Urzigurumash I have tried it, yes. It’s fine. And other races besides nord are fine. But this is a stamdk thread. Nord is arguably best. And champions hist is arguably not best. I have no doubt you can kick butt in it, and saving bar space or a gcd getting a buff without casting it is totally indispensable in weird ways. I just think if minor heroism is that important to you you should ideally be running heroic slash. And if you do that— which is not a very stringent requirement for any stamdk willing— champions of the hist is borderline useless. BUT I’m sure it works good with however you have it set up. Myself I’m running something else entirely. Using dots, malacath, but pumping defile instead of wd. It’s real good. But, like your setup, arguably not best. And when I lose a duel it’s normally to someone doing the same thing as me but a little better. Is that not your experience also?
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running heroic slash also gives the opponent minor main which can save you bar space also and, in this case, a 5 piece.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OBJnoob

Agreed, Nord is by far best numerically, and accordingly Champion of the Hist is not. However if you are a non-Nord in Cyrodiil and you enjoy Balorgh + NMA, I think it is as good a choice for a third set as any. In a prolonged 1v1 or small engagement, it would be better to have Heroic Slash, but overall, I seem to get much more Ult from Hist. When you're taking damage moving towards an opponent with the intent to Leap on them, Hist helps, Heroic Slash doesn't, likewise when falling back, etc. I'd personally rather slot Talons for Maim and also Rapids, leaving little room for Heroic Slash, but that's definitely not meta. I agree for a meta StamDK this set is not the best choice, but I also agree with the original point that this set is greatly underappreciated in general for sDKs. However for me in BGs Minor Heroism isn't that strong, it's too slow compared to other options. I agree about dueling.

@Spizzie

7th is definitely problematic in terms of magicka sustain, but the 4th line of Crit at least still buffs heals, which I believe now also includes GDB - for most of this game's history I think GDB scaled off Spell Crit and not Weapon Crit, but that's been changed, I believe. I've been a GDB diehard but it's of course as its weakest right now. For small group, including BGs, I think Powerful Assault is a decent alternative to 7th, if you're using Vigor and nobody else is using PA. I still haven't tried Stuhn's, I probably should, but I retain a certain affinity for Corrosive despite mostly using Balorgh.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall trying Hist when the dlc came out: not too keen unless I could use it as a 5 piece set.

I’m not too keen on going heavy cause of losing regen and mobility.

7th seems too Magicka expensive so it seems I’ll have to default to CA....the carry over damage is too significant to leave it.

I’m still not sold on NMA...me must think 🤔
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rhaegar75

Here's what I think is the full list of backbar-able Weapon Damage buff sets that could be combined with Malacath:

7th Legion, Truth, Veiled Heritance, Clever Alchemist, Dro'zakars, Ravager, Way of Air, and Powerful Assault.

I assume you can't proc Ravager with multiple casts of Noxious Breath, since a second cast isn't an actual attempt to reduce resistances unless the first cast's Fracture has been purged? I'm not sure about that. If it did work, it would rival CA when combined with the Whip passive. Way of the Air is actually not bad at all, definitely a good alternative to 7th and Clever Alchemist if you roll-dodge frequently. Like I said PA is good for a small group and BGs, but not solo obviously, and in a large well-composed group probably better on a support build. Truth and Stuhn's have an obvious synergy, but you can't run two 5 pieces as a split backbar with a Monster Set and the Ring, so you'd have to switch bars to proc them both, or drop the Monster Set. My issue with both of those sets is you can't proc them off a Leap on a previously unengaged target. Veiled Heritance and Dro'zakars are probably weak choices outside of an unusual build.

I think that's it unless you want to get into backbar-able proc, defense, and sustain sets, in which case there are many other options. For a frontbar set, it's hard to beat NMA, despite the cost increase and line of crit.

Edited by Urzigurumash on July 6, 2020 5:06AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good explanation about why you like hist I can see the benefit. Definately know the struggle about plodding towards them waiting for a leap cuz sadly it’s our gap closer lol. The front bar, back bar, malacath thing is what I’m doing right now. But I think what might be even stronger is back barring an arena weapon. I’ve seen some stamdk malacath dot builds wrecking with the dang maelstrom 2h. That dot is OP.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that's it unless you want to get into backbar-able proc, defense, and sustain sets, in which case there are many other options. For a frontbar set, it's hard to beat NMA, despite the cost increase and line of crit.

A very accurate analysis for which I thank you! I think it confirms it’s truly difficult to go beyond CA and NMA if using a mythic like Malacath.

Sustain and defensive set: tried pariah on a different had but I wasn’t happy with back barring only...lost a lot of strength imo

I can’t think of a good def or sustain set which carried over nicely on the front bar. I guess my reliance on bone pirate fir a solid year may have limited my vision a bit 😵

Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 6, 2020 7:05AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main is a nightblade and I instinctively favor damage avoidance over tanking it out. I currently run the following on my Nord DK:

Bloodspawn (still - until I try something else)
    5x damage set front bar, currently Titanborn
    1x Wild Hunt
    5x Coward's Gear back bar

This is a 6x medium set up with a 1H+S back bar, 2H front bar. The only source of Major Expedition is Coward's Gear, while I use Shuffle to clear snares. Back bar has Titanborn sword and Coward's Gear shield. This is what suits me. I like it a lot.

You could run this in 5x heavy, 2x medium by using, say, a New Moon front bar and substitute Malacath for Wild Hunt. The latter is a bit overkill for sprint speed anyway, however the +15% can be nice to make your melee attacks connect when you're not sprinting. You'd lose the medium armor sprint speed as well, though. I have not tried the Torc yet. You could arguably run down your small mag pool with just your buff skills on DK, especially if you use Fragmented, and get stam regen that way.

Another option no one has mentioned is Cyrodiil's Crest as a back bar set, whereas a friend of mine is currently trying out Master's 1H+S. The latter gives you a spammable heal, but you can't fit in 2x 5-piece sets, monster set and mythic as well.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I can’t think of a good def or sustain set which carried over nicely on the front bar. I guess my reliance on bone pirate fir a solid year may have limited my vision a bit 😵
    Aside from Cyrodiil's Crest, there's Armor Master as a defensive single-barrable set. I also wouldn't dismiss 7th out of hand. Stacking health regen from that set with gold food is not nothing. If you're in CP and you like Windrunning, like me, then you always have some CP to invest into health regen. On the other hand, for a back-barrable sustain set there is Trappings of Invigoration.
    Edited by fred4 on July 6, 2020 10:30AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wanna slide in this thread..

I have been playing my StamDK/Werewolf for the past week or so.

5x Deadly - Front Bar
    2x Potentates - BackBar
    5x NMA - Body (No sustain problem)
    1x Balorgh
    1x Malacaths

I have really nice resistances, 3k Crit resistance. 5k Weapon Dmg. Been a lot of fun eating peoples souls.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Spizzie
    Spizzie
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

A very accurate analysis for which I thank you! I think it confirms it’s truly difficult to go beyond CA and NMA if using a mythic like Malacath.

Sustain and defensive set: tried pariah on a different had but I wasn’t happy with back barring only...lost a lot of strength imo

Trappings of Invigoration is a good option for a 1-bar sustain set. You can't proc it but once every 45 seconds anyway, and it will give you a burst of resources when you're on your backbar and trying to recover. Also has enough recovery in the set in total to be able to remove other sources of sustain in your build (like coming off recovery food, glyphs, etc.).

@OBJnoob It's funny you say that about your DK build because that's actually very similar to what I run on my setup in which I enjoy Hist. My StamDK is all DoTs and Defile and it plays a lot like a MagDK utilizing fossilize heavily. Maybe Champion of the Hist isn't good if you're trying to build for burst and bulk damage but it works great if you don't run SnB and you're building around DoTs.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spizzie wrote: »

You could actually split the sword and baked up. Use 1 just to maintain 5 piece and one new moon to get 4th piece of that set on your back bar.

I've set my Stam sorc up like this so I get 5/4/monster/mythic on front bar and 5/4/monster/mythic on back bar. But with briarheart and seventh. Dual wield on my front and bow on back bar.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spizzie Welp... my stamDK is built, imo, only for dueling. He'd probably be okay in CP cyrodiil but normally I do no-cp cyrodiil and... it's not as good as some other ways to play. I'm using Cyrodiil's Ward (major defile 3 out of every 5 seconds and a lot of stam recovery,) 2h axe, and Affliction (disease proc+guaranteed minor defile) Bow. Bloodspawn and Malacath band. How may I ask are you achieving your defiles? And uh, how are you fairing? My set-up seems extremely good, the more I get used to it. 5 medium btw. I wiish I could use petrify in duels but I don't have the mag for it. And I can't use shuffle either because of bar space. I still D-swing though in duels. The off balance strenghens the dots and occasionally after putting them off balance if I roll dodge bar swap I can wind up a medium/heavy bow attack before I poison inject or vigor or whatever and it knocks them down. Which is nothing special... but most people don't see it coming. And if you can bar swap back and D-leap then it might be curtains depending on the state of your dots and defiles. I'm babbling. I've been experimenting with Corrosive Armor for the big bag necros. Can't say I beat them super often but... guards in grahtwood are OP ;) so I'm about 50/50