The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thrassian Stranglers is balanced

• itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    GrumpyKlam wrote: »
    GrumpyKlam wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/7QSZRHF That's with like 10 stacks

@GrumpyKlam
    I would take the over on 10 with that much spell damage, but hard to say (Templars do get a %spell damage buff, so maybe 10 is right). Shame its not easier to track. Out of curiosity, were you the only when wearing them? When did you equip? Are you taking them on and off throughout the trial? Could you feel the heat at that level of stacks? What was your best parse on that fight up until then?

These things are obviously super strong. I just want to make sure we have all the cards on the table before ZOS destroys them, because they are really fun. haha

If the meta is going to be, high end raids all equip these for everything, I will probably have issues with it. If its more the kind of thing where the best 2-3 DPS in a trial are going to equip them for specific sections of the trial and fight over KBs to build stacks, I am probably okay with them for the most part.

I was of the original opinion that they were fine as is, but as I have played with them more and more, I am seeing some issues, but its mostly about class balance, not outrageous DPS.

I have no idea if I was the only one using them, this was done in a carry run and I was just testing it out for fun. I had them on since the start but never really tried to ramp them up to 20 by getting the killing blow and never took the buff off by dying or sneaking. It was pretty easy to survive all along with jabs on trash and twins. Pretty sure 100K + is possible in a "core raid" environment.

I still feel this is highly situationnal (useless in vAS and vCR mostly) and you need players with high awareness that won't loose the stacks dying all over the place.

I can already see how broken this could be in a trial like vSO or vHRC where you have huge trash pulls right before the first boss.

https://imgur.com/a/JLvvnXB <-- DSA last boss (no necro, no major slayer)

Looking at your image you are around 30K mag and 8K spell dmg. You traded off 40% more damage and 40% less healing to get stats only slightly higher than a stam build who with crafted sets hovers around 29K/7K with no negatives. Not sure the term "broken" is justified.

A raid with every dps/healer using this set seems likely to me. You trade off faster runs against higher risk if 10 players are 40/40. Higher risk of wipes, especially for less experienced groups, and high payoff. But if it ends up excluding stamina builds from raids...that will be a problem.

Yeah we're already excluding stamina builds from trials in exchange for full Thrass Magicka. TOTAL BIS!
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you now know how Magicka base toons feel. We were locked into support builds. Not so nice is it.