The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did I just waste a week of my life leveling a stam necro 4pve - NO MAJOR BRUTALITY (+20% WPN DAMAGE)

Kharnamantic
Kharnamantic
✭✭✭
As I was leveling from 31-50 I was getting more and more panicked. Where's my major brutality (+20% weapon damage) class ability? It must be one of the morphs that I haven't got yet, surely?

But no, I've max leveled my necro and it's missing the most basic stam class buff. I am in complete shock and disbelief.

Please someone convince that I have not wasted my life leveling a useless class, and explain the strengths of a stam necro dps? HOW CAN THIS CLASS BE REMOTELY COMPETITIVE AS DPS IN VET DUNGEONS WHEN IT IS DOING 20% LESS DAMAGE THAN EVERYONE ELSE??????
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming they use one of the weapon abilities for it, same as stamplar. Or a potion maybe?
    Edited by technohic on June 26, 2020 3:27AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'm assuming they use one of the weapon abilities for it, same as stamplar. Or a potion maybe?

This, and it is pretty easy to see what buffs and debuffs class skills offer before leveling up a character. Several websites list all the skills and morphs.

Here is a source for every buff and debuff in the game and sources for them.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/284053/buffs-and-debuffs-a-full-list-updated-for-murkmire/p1
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Hi @Kharnamantic

You did not level a useless class - there are several ways to get Major Brutality in game (very popular ways are via 2H Rally/Forward Momentum for PvP and using weapon potions in PvE).

Not every class has access to all buffs, and most will have to supplement some from other skill lines/potions.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar from 2014 says hello.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're in pve competitively, you're running weapon pots. There's your source.
  • Psijic42
    Psijic42
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t give up, stamcro is still the big dog of end-game dps. Mainly because they have access to great crit but also are the only class with access to major vulnerability.
    You can get brutality from either dual wield or two hander, but also from potions. Just look around there’s lots of fun stuff to learn in the game. Gl!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bow/bow stamplar has no class nor weapon access to major brutality and refuses to suck potions. Our game is mostly solo PvE and we find that Dreugh King Slayer armor (dropped in FG1) works fine. DKS is a heavy stam set; to preserve my desired 5M / 1L / 1/H I run DKS for bows, chest and 2 jewelry pieces. I find DKS to be a reasonable stam set (I pair it with Hundings Rage and Slimecraw). The whole gear package is easy to acquire and it is kind of nice having always on passive major brutality. Not meta I'm sure but suits my needs very nicely.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on June 26, 2020 11:58AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essence of Weapon Power, same as every other StamDD.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As I was leveling from 31-50 I was getting more and more panicked. Where's my major brutality (+20% weapon damage) class ability? It must be one of the morphs that I haven't got yet, surely?

But no, I've max leveled my necro and it's missing the most basic stam class buff. I am in complete shock and disbelief.

Please someone convince that I have not wasted my life leveling a useless class, and explain the strengths of a stam necro dps? HOW CAN THIS CLASS BE REMOTELY COMPETITIVE AS DPS IN VET DUNGEONS WHEN IT IS DOING 20% LESS DAMAGE THAN EVERYONE ELSE??????

Potion give that buff also you buff everyone dps with the flesh atro
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Here is a source for every buff and debuff in the game and sources for them.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/284053/buffs-and-debuffs-a-full-list-updated-for-murkmire/p1

That would be a nice thing to keep updated. Sadly, no update to the main list since 2018.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you can use weapon skills too right?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's competitive dungeon running?

Also 20% weapon damage doesn't equate to 20% damage.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rally 2H if your cheap like me. Potions if your rich or going for scores
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamcros are VERY strong in both PVE and PVP. Plenty of sources of Major Brutality in this game.

Overreaction level: Moderate/High
  • HoosierPappy
    HoosierPappy
    ✭✭✭
    If youre gonna cry, then, yes, I believe you HAVE, in fact, wasted a "whole" week NOT learning how to play the stam necro all the while waiting, hoping, praying for someone/thing to take your hand and lead you about how to!
    Just delete the toon.
    Its seems to be too much for you!
  • BeamsForDemacia
    BeamsForDemacia
    ✭✭✭
    if u even have to ask this Question u can Play whatever class u want it wont matter dps whise anyway, u gotta learn alot more...
    IR/GH/TTT/GS [MEDUSA]
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t use potions for this, but Shrouded daggers, which in addition is almost like a mini AOE in some instances, plus the buff.

EDIT: Just saw this was for necro, so my comment above probably not applicable.
    Edited by shadowofnarsil on June 26, 2020 5:21PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon power potions. In PVE you don't have no place on bars for buffs like Major Savagery and Major Brutality, they always came from potions.
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t use potions for this, but Shrouded daggers, which in addition is almost like a mini AOE in some instances, plus the buff.

EDIT: Just saw this was for necro, so my comment above probably not applicable.

I use Shrouded Daggers with my Necro.
    With Daggers and Blastbones, mobs in PvE go down very fast, most times before they even reach me....
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Rally 2H if your cheap like me. Potions if your rich or going for scores

ESO+ and master alchemist, I make the pots for days. Guildies sometimes trade me mars to make them pots and give me enough to make a few of my own for later.

On a related not stamcro is my next toon once I finish MagDK. Already have a stamwarden and magplar just want a Necro to complete my set! Maybe a NB one day, no desire to play sorc.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not every class has access to every buff. run a weapon skill for it or use potions.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most stam classes use a potion for the crit stam and major brutality... please do your research.... this is normal
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    That's what happens when you "power level" an unfamiliar class that is probably missing tons of passives. I bet if you took some time to learn how to cro, you would be singing a different song about it.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get what you are saying, I just think its a bit of a weird complaint.

There are several classes without direct access to Major Brutality. Just use momentum (2H) or Hidden blade (duel). Or use potions. Or put a set on that has it. That's several ways your stamcro can access Major Brutality.
    Edited by Grianasteri on July 2, 2020 10:24AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam necro is one of the strongest DDs in the game, possibly the strongest stam DD out there. This is a wild complaint.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get what you are saying, I just think its a bit of a weird complaint.

There are several classes without direct access to Major Brutality. Just use momentum (2H) or Hidden blade (duel). Or use potions. Or put a set on that has it. That's several ways your stamcro can access Major Brutality.

My MagDK is giving the group major brutally and major sorcery all with 1 skill every 30 seconds. In good groups the utility will be provided or as mentioned here pots are a relatively cheap option I’m case your group is a bunch of selfish slackers!